Moz touring UK

> From Manchester-on-line

> What about US?

wheres he playing?????????i'm on a pooey ibook and it won't load....pleeeeease tell me

> wheres he playing?????????i'm on a pooey ibook and it won't
> load....pleeeeease tell me
20 people have viewed my message yet no ones posted what it says on the site....PLEEEEEEEASE i'll have your babies

> 20 people have viewed my message yet no ones posted what it says on the
> site....PLEEEEEEEASE i'll have your babies

There are no dates on there.It's more or less been well known for months now that a full UK tour will take place in the Autumn.

> From Manchester-on-line

> What about US?
after viewing the source i found out he's playing manchester in the autumn (details to be announced next week) there u go, anyone who experienced the same problem

Re: Moz touring UK/text for those who need it

MORRISSEY is planning a full UK tour this autumn, which is likely to include more Manchester dates, the M.E.N. can reveal.

The former Smiths frontman, who lives in LA, left it 12 years between his last live performance in the city and his sell-out gig at the M.E.N. Arena in May.

On stage, an obviously elated Mozza, who turned 45 that day, claimed that the fans' welcome had made it his best birthday ever.

No doubt he'll get an equally warm reception as he returns again this week, headlining the final night of this year's Move festival at Lancashire County Cricket ground this Sunday.

But, for those who missed out on the last batch of tickets, watch this space, because next week I'll be announcing dates for a full UK tour later this year.

There are also strong rumours that Morrissey is to sign some of the acts who are playing with him at Move to his label, Attack Records.

New York Dolls

The singer chose the other acts to back him on the festival date and has become firm pals with legendary punk act, New York Dolls.

The US group have been cited as one of the most influential bands of the last 30 years. Two of the original members have since died - guitarist Johnny Thunders, from a heroin overdose, and drummer Jerry Nolan, from a stroke.

However, Morrissey, who was once president of the New York Dolls' fan club, still loves the music and has plans for the three surviving members, David Johansen, Sylvain Sylvain and Arthur Kane.

"He is going to sign them to Attack Records," says my source in the Morrissey camp. "The first CD and DVD is probably going to be a live recording from the Meltdown performance at London's Royal Festival Hall last month."

Meanwhile, I'm told that Manchester's James Maker, who also joins Sunday's line-up, has been signed up by the star and is soon to be releasing a single on Attack.

dial a cliche

no news and only cliche after cliche.

> MORRISSEY is planning a full UK tour this autumn

> The former Smiths frontman, who lives in LA,

> left it 12 years

> sell-out gig at the M.E.N. Arena in May.

> who turned 45 that day, claimed that day

> he returns again this week, headlining the final night of this year's Move festival

> There are also strong rumours that Morrissey is to sign some of the acts who are playing with him at Move to his label, Attack Records.

> The singer chose the other acts to back him on the festival date and has become firm pals with legendary punk act, New York Dolls.

> Morrissey, who was once president of the New York Dolls' fan club

> "He is going to sign them to Attack Records,"

> Meanwhile, I'm told that Manchester's James Maker, who also joins Sunday's
> line-up, has been signed up by the star and is soon to be releasing a
> single on Attack.

Re: dial a cliche

> no news and only cliche after cliche.

I agree, but we all have to make a living. If somebody has paid his rent this week by writing a light article that may be of interest to casual moz/music fans, and the newspaper has published it (on a light news day) - where's the harm?
Remember, most people who bought IBEH or YATQ would not frequent this web site on a daily (or for some hourly) basis.....
My case is rested.....m'lud....

Re: dial a cliche

cheers mate for the full transcription

Back
Top Bottom