Moz on decline? An afternoon reflexion

B

Balzac

Really? I'm listening to the very good "Rare tracks" compilation (with b-sides for the last 3 singles), and i can't help thinking that those songs should have been on the album, or even singles (Heir apparent is great).

I'm confused. On one side ther is the normal break after a tour and an album; and on the other the feeling that that is going bad for Moz

A single tour maybe? A EP with 6 great songs... ?

Well, what Do YOU think???

Even if Morrissey simply drops off the planet, it will not matter because his fans will keep him going. Sincere genius never dies. You're absolutely right, if Morrissey took all of his b-sides, he could produce many excellent records (better than half the other artists around.) Plain and simple, Morrissey is just the bee's knees.
And oh, yes.......another tour would be simply divine.

Are you still there, or have you gone away?

> A single tour maybe? A EP with 6 great songs... ?

He's expressed that he would love to just put out singles every so often (instead of complete LPs) but obviously, the record companies won't go for it. However, seeing as he's not longer WITH a record company, the point is moot.¿ Well, what Do YOU think???

I think he should do what Bowie did: get the fans to pick their favorite songs over the internet and do a "greatest hits" tour based on the results. Of course, it wouldn't be a very Morrissey thing to do, but one can dream...

Foremost on my wish list, though, would be a new album and tour. Where, oh where can he be??

Re: Are you still there, or have you gone away?

¿ I think he should do what Bowie did: get the fans to pick their¿ favorite songs over the internet and do a "greatest¿ hits" tour based on the results. Of course, it wouldn't be¿ a very Morrissey thing to do, but one can dream...

OK, taking up from the idea about doing what Bowie did and getting fans to chose songs for a tour over the net; what TWO songs ONLY would you chose. My choice would be,

"Late Night, Maudlin Street"

"Jack The Ripper"

Re: My Predictions

June: new single
July: new album (14 tracks) Appearance on Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
August thru October. Another single preceding a small-scale, sparsely advertised tour reminiscent to the Boxers tour in temerity, a "college tour", so to speak, through the States and Britain. Several dates in Japan---
Hmmmmm...

Losing In Front Of Your Home Crowd
juliete11.jpg

Two Songs Only!? How tough....

If I only had two choices, I would have to go with, ummmmmm, let's see.............I'd say "Last of The Famous International Playboys," and "Tommorrow." Wait, though thats two upbeat songs, geez I don't know! That's a near impossible question to answer!!

Re: Are you still there, or have you gone away?

two songs is tough i say the man sings all his songs until he can't go on singing anymore...hehe.....ok ok 2 songs..man tthat is tough..
seasick yet still docked and sister i'm a poet

howard stern king of all media

Just TWO songs, eh?

> OK, taking up from the idea about doing what Bowie did and¿ getting fans to chose songs for a tour over the net; what TWO¿ songs ONLY would you chose. My choice would be,¿ "Late Night, Maudlin Street"¿ "Jack The Ripper"

Oh dear, just two? Hmmm...."Tomorrow " and "Now My Heart Is Full."

Wait, this isn't fair!!! I've already changed my mind....

Said with assurance

> Oh dear, just two? Hmmm...."Tomorrow " and "Now¿ My Heart Is Full."¿ Wait, this isn't fair!!! I've already changed my mind....

"Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning"

and

"Best Friend on the Payroll"

Two songs, or better yet...

>what TWO songs ONLY would you chose.

My choice would be,

"Sister I'm a Poet"

"Speedway"

...but i also liked the idea of him singing all his songs from A - Z until he fell dead on the stage, OR immediatly trancended to heaven thereafter...

love aaron

Back
Top Bottom