'U.S. Snubs Morrissey' reported in today's Manchester Evening News

T

The Goat

I have to say I agree with the bloke at the end of the article - I'm sure 99% of those (right wing?) Americans upset by Morrissey's comments would hardly been going to see him anyway.
The Goat

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/s/122/122350_us_snubs_morrissey.html

Perhaps MEN isn't aware that ...

> I have to say I agree with the bloke at the end of the article - I'm sure
> 99% of those (right wing?) Americans upset by Morrissey's comments would
> hardly been going to see him anyway.
> The Goat
>
> http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/s/122/122350_us_snubs_morrissey.html

The Conservatives (bushites) are telling the US public to vote the way their clergy tells them to! That is to vote for Bush. The SBC (the second largest protestant org.) are telling the parents of school age children that public schools are "godless," and to home school their kids or put them in church based schools. The division of church and state are more blurred than ever before.

Do you think these people are going to see Morrissey? Morrissey doesn't stand a chance in some parts of the country regardless of what he says about anyone.

The nearest Lolly was 450 miles away from me. 17 or so sites across the country were putting Lolly out of reach for many. The Morrissey fan base is ageing. Festivals are out of the question because many would rather see a concert featuring their idol.

Dear Mr. Goat,
do you have a copy of the MEN newspaper with the story in.
? I am interested to know who the journalist is, if he/she is credited with the story.

fanx are kid.

> Dear Mr. Goat,
> do you have a copy of the MEN newspaper with the story in.
> ? I am interested to know who the journalist is, if he/she is credited
> with the story.

> fanx are kid.

Yes I have a copy, the journo is Neil Snowdon who I imagine has just lifted the story from other sources.
The Goat

Re: Perhaps MEN isn't aware that ...

> Do you think these people are going to see Morrissey? Morrissey doesn't
> stand a chance in some parts of the country regardless of what he says
> about anyone.

> The nearest Lolly was 450 miles away from me. 17 or so sites across the
> country were putting Lolly out of reach for many. The Morrissey fan base
> is ageing. Festivals are out of the question because many would rather see
> a concert featuring their idol.

Morrissey doesn't stand a chance because he's a pretentious fool. People outside of NY and LA are not going to pay up $85 for a one hour performance.

> I have to say I agree with the bloke at the end of the article - I'm sure
> 99% of those (right wing?) Americans upset by Morrissey's comments would
> hardly been going to see him anyway.
> The Goat

i think that personally, the newspaper is taking WAAAAYYYYY too much credit for something they really didn't do.

they make it sound like it caused as giant an uproar as the Dixie Chicks, but let me say that unless you read morrissey-solo or the drudge report, you would have needed a microscope to find the supposed "controversy".

my parents watch CNN and Fox News all the time as well as take a subscription to the local paper and i'm sure that if they had seen anything resembling a morrissey controversy, they would have told me about it. the most exposure that it got was that it was a lead story on the yahoo website for 1 hour tops before it was knocked off by something more interesting.

i'm not even really convinced that there was an uproar around here. i think that probably 80% of the "i wish morrissey would die" rants posted afterwards were probably the same person posting under other names because it is strange that absolutely none of those people were known members of the discussion board before all of it started and had also just as inexplicably disappeared....which to me, is usual M.O. for some people who come around here....

Morrissey's core audience generally would not care if he said something like that. they are all out at the Michael Moore documentary this weekend, i'm sure. I think any die-hard republicans would have set fire to any of his CDs long ago calling his a sissy and a queer. when i did mention Moz playing Lollapalooza to other people, i got all sorts of "ugh!" responses because they just didn't think it was the right kind of environment for him to be playing in. as one person i know (who is lucky and got to go to meltdown to see him this weekend) said, "morrissey and sunlight don't mix!"

speaking of controversies, i suppose that studio execs just don't learn anything. eisner & company tried to stop the release of farenheit 9/11 and because of all the mess, they've done the unheard of thing and assured that it was the #1 movie this weekend pulling in over $20 million. not that i'm sad by that, as i find it really funny that their evil plan backfired in such a terrible way.

I find it rather amusing that Morrissey has reportedly "provoked right-wing anger".
Erm...hasn't he been doing that for some years now? Heh heh.
What was that about recycled papers?

I wonder if any of his neighbours will shun him in the Los Angeles branch of SPAR as he pops out for his milk and newspaper?

> I find it rather amusing that Morrissey has reportedly "provoked
> right-wing anger".
> Erm...hasn't he been doing that for some years now? Heh heh.
> What was that about recycled papers?

what's sad is that i had decided to drop a little comment to MEN and they wrote back:

>>
Hi Suzanne. Thanks for getting in touch and for your comments. We very much hope that you continue to use our sites and please feel free to let us know what you like and dislike in future.

May I take this opportunity to make sure that you're aware of our weekly newsletter. It is published directly to your Inbox each Friday and contains a summary of the main issues and items of interest across Manchester during the course of the week. If you would like to know more please visit:

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/s/60/60062_manchesteronline_newsletters.html

Best wishes and thanks for using Manchester Online,

Lisa Holland

ManchesterOnline

>>>

shows you how much they care!

> I wonder if any of his neighbours will shun him in the Los Angeles branch
> of SPAR as he pops out for his milk and newspaper?

Back
Top Bottom