MOBY GOT HIS HEAD KICKED IN

P

Pathetic Ian

Many thanks to the many many Morrissey fans who posted messages here asking for more details of Moby/Mozzerian/Ian's kicking at the Morrissey gig in Bradford a couple of years ago.

Ian and I went to a cafe in Bradford earlier that day. Over tea he told me how shit my life was (the fact that I have a job, a fiance and two normal legs obviously passed him by). He for some bizarre reason really started mouthing at the bit about me marrying too early in life. I'm 34, 7 years younger than him. Anyway, he started an argument for nothing and it put me in a bad mood for the rest of the evening.

Well, until about 7:40 that is.

We were standing outside the venue as Ian wanted to sell a ticket. Touts were already telling the little twat to f*** off but he still kept going up to people and whispering "Do you want a ticket for a tenner?" Just then, a very cool looking black dude in a Smiths t-shirt walked up and said "Ian?". Ian said "Yes" and the next thing he knew was the guy had punched him in the face. I ran over as Ian was screaming but the guy stopped me and said "This has nothing to do with you". He then grabbed Ian by his coat, punched him again, took his tickets and a video camera from his pocket then slapped him (that was the funniest bit for me). Ian kept saying sorry and the guy just shouted "Don't say another word". The guy then walked off with his friend.

Ian was in tears and said he was just going home. NO-ONE ONCE ASKED IF HE WAS OK. Seems there were a few people from here who knew who he was and reckoned he deserved it.

I do too.

Back
Top Bottom