Which Smith's album cover did you like most?

I

irksome-ivan

Sorry I'm always asking questions, but that seems to be my analytical role in life. What do you think, which cover do enjoy most? I think I will have to go with Meat is Murder(which also happens to be my favorite Smith's album) or perhaps The Queen is Dead. Diana Dors on the cover of The Singles was probably my favorite of all the albums, but I don't feel that this one really counts because it was not an original album.

> i like the cover of hatful of hollow.

After actually reading "A Taste of Honey" by Shelagh Delaney, the cover of Louder Than Bombs made more sense and seemed much cooler. I think that's my vote.

> Sorry I'm always asking questions, but that seems to be my¿ analytical role in life. What do you think, which cover do enjoy¿ most? I think I will have to go with Meat is Murder(which also¿ happens to be my favorite Smith's album) or perhaps The Queen is¿ Dead. Diana Dors on the cover of The Singles was probably my¿ favorite of all the albums, but I don't feel that this one¿ really counts because it was not an original album.

The Smiths and The World Won't Listen.

> Sorry I'm always asking questions, but that seems to be my¿ analytical role in life. What do you think, which cover do enjoy¿ most? I think I will have to go with Meat is Murder(which also¿ happens to be my favorite Smith's album) or perhaps The Queen is¿ Dead. Diana Dors on the cover of The Singles was probably my¿ favorite of all the albums, but I don't feel that this one¿ really counts because it was not an original album.

Definitely, the cover of the Smiths' "Singles" album is my favorite. The beauty of the woman adds some real spark to the cover. It's a really nice photo. Next, I'll give the nod to the "Meat Is Murder" cover.

> After actually reading "A Taste of Honey" by Shelagh¿ Delaney, the cover of Louder Than Bombs made more sense and¿ seemed much cooler. I think that's my vote.
I could NOT agree more... also... I think the title Louder Than Bombs is probably one of my favorite album titles EVER. Has a nice edge to it I think.
EA
ps. and I swear to you I saw an Anti-smoking poster in my gradeschool quite some time ago, that had that picture on it, and said "debonair" it; sarcastically meaning of course.... Though I've never seen it again... maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. =)

> Sorry I'm always asking questions, but that seems to be my¿ analytical role in life. What do you think, which cover do enjoy¿ most?

Here's mine best to worst:

The Queen Is Dead
The Smiths
The World Won't Listen
Louder Than Bombs
Strangeways Here We Come
Rank
Singles
Meat Is Murder
Hatful Of Hollow

I'll go with "the Best of the Smiths I, " the cover guy remembers me of the guy I like.

Here´s mine... best to worst:

Strangeways, Here We Come.
Meat Is Murder.
The Queen Is Dead.
The Smiths.
Singles.
Rank.
Louder Than Bombs
Hatful of Hollow
The World Won´t Listen.

if anyone´s interested...

Cheers!
/ martin¿ Here's mine best to worst:¿ The Queen Is Dead¿ The Smiths¿ The World Won't Listen¿ Louder Than Bombs¿ Strangeways Here We Come¿ Rank¿ Singles¿ Meat Is Murder¿ Hatful Of Hollow

What is you six letter word? Future or F****r?

"Louder Than Bombs" - but it works only as a LP sleeve; dto. "The World Won't Listen" which comes in second.

Stefan

Oh........I forgot about "Rank." There seems to be a certain erotic mystique to her face. For lack of a better word, it's rather steamy. Actually, I think I might vote for that one as first. Okay, I'll try a list from favorite to least(excluding the Singles, and Best Of's):

Rank

The Queen Is Dead

Meat Is Murder

Strangeways, Here We Come

Hatful of Hollow

Louder Than Bombs

The Smiths

............or at least for this week. I have a very sporadic and whimsical mind.

p.s.: I think this has proven very interesting, because everyone's lists seem to vary. Thankx guys and/or gals!

> What do you think, which cover do enjoy most?

Here's my favorites:

The World Won't Listen (wonderful front and back)
Rank (which Belle & Sebastian have reproduced on a single)
Best 1 & 2 (wonderful)
Meat Is Murder (the irony in the smile)
The Smiths (i like flesh)

];) aaron

Back
Top Bottom