Has anyone seen or heard that band Marion, whose album Johnny Marr produced?.........

I

irksome-ivan

I hope I don't get scolded for metioning Marr, but the band Marion, whom works with Marr as producer on their last few albums, had a video on 120Minutes last night. It was actually quite good. Not in the same vain as most modern music junk that we see so abundantly in this day and age, which is an incredible refreshment. I was impressed with them, though the music was a tad overproduced. All in all, pretty good stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up buying the album. Anybody else heard them any?

> I hope I don't get scolded for metioning Marr, but the band¿ Marion, whom works with Marr as producer on their last few¿ albums, had a video on 120Minutes last night. It was actually¿ quite good. Not in the same vain as most modern music junk that¿ we see so abundantly in this day and age, which is an incredible¿ refreshment. I was impressed with them, though the music was a¿ tad overproduced. All in all, pretty good stuff. I wouldn't be¿ surprised if I ended up buying the album. Anybody else heard¿ them any?

Yes.I have both their albums and personally I like their first album
"This World And Body", better.

Sadly Yes

Marion supported Moz on the Boxers tour in February 1995 and were astonishingly dull. At the shows i attended they were mostly ignored by the audience. The general consensus appeared to be that they were a very poor version of the already very poor U2.

Not impressed with Marion, yet.

> Marion supported Moz on the Boxers tour in February 1995 and¿ were astonishingly dull. At the shows i attended they were¿ mostly ignored by the audience. The general consensus appeared¿ to be that they were a very poor version of the already very¿ poor U2.

Well, anyone who opens for Moz is gonna have a unanimous booing-at. Gallon Drunk was attacked on stage. Elcka was greeted with a front row of middle fingers. I wonder if even Elvis could've opened for Moz. Anytime someone opens up for Moz, no-one is interested in hearing them. If it was another gig, the suspense would've been less, allowing a more fair analyzation. However, I did give their record a spin, and it didn't really impress me. Maybe I'll give it another shot. There was only 2 songs that I liked--and 2 out of 12 does not make a good record.

It think that Moz should avoid opening acts--unless it's Alain's band, or any of his band's side projects. Moz openers are just targets for sharpshooters.

Re: Not impressed with Marion, yet.

> Well, anyone who opens for Moz is gonna have a unanimous¿ booing-at. Gallon Drunk was attacked on stage. Elcka was greeted¿ with a front row of middle fingers.

At the shows i saw i always thought Elcka went down fairly well when i saw them.Certainly i'd consider them to be far superior to Marion.
Gallon Drunk I think are/were rather wonderful really, beautifully discordant.

Re: Not impressed with Marion, yet.

> Well, anyone who opens for Moz is gonna have a unanimous¿ booing-at. Gallon Drunk was attacked on stage. Elcka was greeted¿ with a front row of middle fingers. I wonder if even Elvis¿ could've opened for Moz. Anytime someone opens up for Moz,¿ no-one is interested in hearing them. If it was another gig, the¿ suspense would've been less, allowing a more fair analyzation.¿ However, I did give their record a spin, and it didn't really¿ impress me. Maybe I'll give it another shot. There was only 2¿ songs that I liked--and 2 out of 12 does not make a good record.

Well, not strictly true, Kirsty McCole (sorry I'm at work so cannot check and I know that is not her surname) opened for him at Alex. Palace in the early nineties and it went down a storm although she did do a smiths song (you just haven't earned it yet…). If I remember rightly Pogues singer whatshisface (sorry I have destroyed my memory with drink at the weekend), Shane something or other joined the band on stage as well.

J¿ It think that Moz should avoid opening acts--unless it's Alain's¿ band, or any of his band's side projects. Moz openers are just¿ targets for sharpshooters.

Re: Not impressed...but used to be

I really used to be impressed when I first saw them (back in 1995?) - o.k., it was Britpop by numbers, but it was a nice additional band besides all thoses Menswears and Mantarays and whatever.
But the Marr-produced album simply sucks. This doesn´t mean that I dislike him as he´s a divine guitar player. But Marion didn´t realize that BRITPOP IS DEAD. (R.I.P 1991-1995)

Back
Top Bottom