How did you all celebrate Reagan's death?

J

J.T. Ripper

I threw an improptu party and drank to the maggots eating his filthy, facist, corrupted withering corpse.

Re: I search for another channel on the television.

> I threw an improptu party and drank to the maggots eating his filthy,
> facist, corrupted withering corpse.

-try to shut out the adulation cluttering all the news netwworks

Thats right. A facist that was responsible for freeing Millions from Communism....

It is amazing how foolish some of you are around here.

He also had democratically leaders killed and replaced with facist dictators who terrorised people

It is amazing how foolish some of you are around here.

(That was supposed to say "democratically elected")

Yes - democratically elected Allende was murdered by the yanks and replaced with the facist Pinochet

Went to see FF two nights in a row...

and cheered when a member of the opening band dissed him. And I basically made a pest of myself saying nasty things about him/trying not to vomit whenever anyone started waxing nostalgic about him.

Hey f***ing stupid shitehead. Allende was gone 7 years before Reagan was elected!

Hey Mindy . If you are so smart, name 5 bad things about the Reagan presidency

reagan supplied pinochet with weapons, trained his armies in torture methods & that's just Chile!

He also illegally supported a brutal facist military takeover of Nicaragua

True. But that was all about keeping the Soviet influence out of the American Continent!

And the Sandanistas were no prize either my friend.

Re: True. But that was all about keeping the Soviet influence out of the American Continent!

So you are justifying America undermining democracy (something it claims to stand for) installing military dictatorships illegally, arming them and training them in torture - because you don't want to have communist neighbours? What about the thousands upon thousands of lives affected or ended because of these policies? Do they count for less than American lives? Are they worth less than the life of Reagan?

Re: By remembering my favourite quote of his.....

...."I don't care about the deficit - it's big enough to look after itself"

Brilliant!! Now THAT, kids, is humour. Although I'm not sure if my mate Ronnie meant it to be.

I will accept that Reagan was responsible for the end of Communism if...

you accept that Clinton was responsible for the economic boom of the 1990's and George W. Bush was responsible for the 9/11 attacks on America. It's the same line of reasoning isn't it? The rooster crows and the sun comes up, therefore the rooster caused the sun to come up.

actually...

> you accept that Clinton was responsible for the economic boom of the
> 1990's and George W. Bush was responsible for the 9/11 attacks on America.
> It's the same line of reasoning isn't it? The rooster crows and the sun
> comes up, therefore the rooster caused the sun to come up.

The Clinton boom was started by the policies of so-called "Reaganomics" which encouraged growth by tax reductions across the board. Not just for the rich. But I would eagerly give Clinton props for not ending those policies.
And if 9/11 was not already in the planning stages during the final years of the Clinton administration, when they were clearly distracted by defending Clinton against impeachment over his perjury in a grand jury investigation, you could blame Bush . But that is what happened so You cannot hold him fully to blame. EVERYONE has a piece of 9/11....
Bush was only in power for 8 months before 9/11 and since the election was so disputed there was even less of a transition that had happened in the past.

Oh when did he josh it?

> I threw an improptu party and drank to the maggots eating his filthy,
> facist, corrupted withering corpse.

I've been in a secluded part of the country for a few days and have missed all news events.

If you're so smart (and if you were really honest), you wouldn't need me to.

But I will anyway.

1) Enlisted the help of bad men to fight men he perceived as worse men (i.e., Saddam and the Taliban among others).
2) Continued the pathetic charade that was the Cold War, including supporting the violent removal of democratically elected leaders in order to stem the growth of Communism (never mind that Communism was self-destructing on its own -- some victory).
3) Closed down many mental institutions. Next time you get harassed on the street by a schizophrenic panhandler, think of Reagan.
4) Almost singlehandedly created and fostered middle America's paranoia about welfare (leading to many cuts for people who legitimately need it) by telling fabricated anecdotes about welfare con artists.
5) Was an idiot in general. Ketchup is a vegetable in school lunches? Trees create more pollution than people do? WTF?

Back
Top Bottom