Moz and the Manics

E

ed

Am I alone, or has anyone else noticed the remarkable melodic similarities between Morrissey's finest "Interesting Drug" and the Manics new smelly piece of offal "You Stole the Sun...". "You stole the song..." more like. In view of the amount of money several parties have made recently out of the Verve's magpie-esque endeavours, surely SPM could replenish his recently depleted coffers (and recover some legal fees at the same time).

> Am I alone, or has anyone else noticed the remarkable melodic¿ similarities between Morrissey's finest "Interesting¿ Drug" and the Manics new smelly piece of offal "You¿ Stole the Sun...". "You stole the song..." more¿ like. In view of the amount of money several parties have made¿ recently out of the Verve's magpie-esque endeavours, surely SPM¿ could replenish his recently depleted coffers (and recover some¿ legal fees at the same time).

I would not want to open that can of worms, I think that Bowie has a much stronger case vs. Mozzer for 'I know its Gonna'. Furthermore, Verve lost because they explicitly sampled 'This Could be the Last Time'. I would agree that the Manics are pretty horrible these days. Kind of like a British Goo Goo Dolls, or to be really mean, Bon Jovi. I did like some of their stuff before Richey jumped into the drink.

> Am I alone, or has anyone else noticed the remarkable melodic¿ similarities between Morrissey's finest "Interesting¿ Drug" and the Manics new smelly piece of offal "You¿ Stole the Sun...". "You stole the song..." more¿ like. In view of the amount of money several parties have made¿ recently out of the Verve's magpie-esque endeavours, surely SPM¿ could replenish his recently depleted coffers (and recover some¿ legal fees at the same time).

I think you're alone on this one.

Appegiated guitar plucking has been around for quite longer than Stephen Street or the Manics, for that matter. That's where the similarities end.

You really mean to say the melody lines and choruses are similar? I suggest a thorough ear-wax removal. There are many over-the-counter cleaning kits readily available. Have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom