Viva Hate question

B

BoyAfraid4362

Why did Moz not include Disapointed and Sister Im A Poet on Viva Hate, Im assuming they were all recorded in the same sessions, I know it's way after the fact but I think the additions of those tracks as well as Hairdresser on Fire (I know they added it later) would have made it alot more solid.....sorry I am very bored at work....

> Why did Moz not include Disapointed and Sister Im A Poet on Viva Hate, Im
> assuming they were all recorded in the same sessions, I know it's way
> after the fact but I think the additions of those tracks as well as
> Hairdresser on Fire (I know they added it later) would have made it alot
> more solid.....sorry I am very bored at work....

I beg to differ. Adding those songs would have interrupted the thematic flow of the album considerably. As it is (I'm talking about the original release without 'Hairdresser'), the album stands as Morrissey's sole solo masterpiece. Lyrically transcendent, conceptually watertight, musicially perfect, the whole thing hangs together superbly. Indeed, while the remastered version did a great polish job on the production, they criminally changed - and ruined - the artwork and added a load of crap songs (with the exception of 'Michael's Bones', which could have fitted on the first Smiths album) on the end as bonus tracks. Still, stop listening at the end of 'Margaret..' and you have an enduring work of genius.

Never understood those who claim the later work trumped it. I honestly don't think he ever came close to that magic again.

how could I possibly argue with that......Now I have to go home and listen to the vinyl lp I have (which does not include Hairdresser on fire)

Cant really argue much at all...I love viva hate as well. To me,the UK version(with the bonus tracks),is the stellar of the two.I put viva hate up there with vauxhall,& bona. To me,vauxhall is so underrated.

those are the three good ones..i havent bothered with Your Arsenal, Southpaw or Maladjusted..he looked amazing in those days..

Back
Top Bottom