My Early Burglary Years -- Worth Buying??

T

taxi-driver

I need some opinions here. I have all Moz studio albums and Bona Drag...How essential (or good) is MEBY? How does this cd rate alongside his other albums? Which albums would you say it's better than and worse than? Thanks

Get it.

It has some seriously essential tracks that are unavailable elsewhere except on singles. It's worth it for "Nobody Loves Us" alone.

nobody loves us is overrated

It's a nice enough song, and would have lifted "Southpaw Grammar" but it's bewildering that people who criticise "Quarry" look back with a tear in their eye at "nobody loves us." Most of the new album is superior to that song without question.

> It has some seriously essential tracks that are unavailable elsewhere
> except on singles. It's worth it for "Nobody Loves Us" alone.

Re: nobody loves us is overrated

You have a right to your opinion, but I'm laughing at you. I'm sure you're laughing at me though, so we're even.

It is essential.

"A Swallow on My Neck" is my fave track on it. If you like "Vauxhall & I" you'll love that song.

Re: nobody loves us is overrated

> It's a nice enough song, and would have lifted "Southpaw
> Grammar" but it's bewildering that people who criticise
> "Quarry" look back with a tear in their eye at "nobody
> loves us." Most of the new album is superior to that song without
> question.
it's a great album... the album basically consists of hard to find b-sides from the morrissey singles. it's money well spent.

How much money do you have to spend?

Personally I wouldn't bother with it or "World Of Morrissey", and would just get those 2 CD single boxed sets which came out a few years ago, and the "Dagenham Dave" single, none of which should be too hard to find second hand. (Unless you want another copy of "Jack The Ripper (live)".)

Whilst "My Early Burglary years" has a reasonable tracklist, it's still missing a few "essential tracks", and overlaps a bit with a number of other albums. Plus, those singles boxes look real nice, and you get all the original artwork.

But if money's an issue, it'll do. But you'll probably end up buying those singles in the future anyway.

besides Bona Drag, it is the best compilation of morrissey stuff out there.

Folks, it ain't a major financial decision. It's ELEVEN DOLLARS. Just go buy it,. Jesus.

You know dick about music huggy. MEBY is a wonderful disc and even world of morrissey is as well. people bitch about beethoven is deaf too,if you dont like any of these discs,you can go f*** yourself.

> I need some opinions here. I have all Moz studio albums and Bona
> Drag...How essential (or good) is MEBY? How does this cd rate alongside
> his other albums? Which albums would you say it's better than and worse
> than? Thanks

It's worth it for "I'd Love To" alone.

Too right...and black eyed susan,and cosmic dancer and boy racer and nobody loves us and the rest of the f***in brilliant tracks on it.

> Too right...and black eyed susan,and cosmic dancer and boy racer and
> nobody loves us and the rest of the f***in brilliant tracks on it.

Ahhh.,. the joys of black eyed susan. (without the middle 8!)

Ruff

Back
Top Bottom