Are there *ANY* uses of double entendre or lines w/ dual meanings, be they sexual or not, in Quarry?

B

Belligerent Ghoul

I can think of lines that are open to more than one meaning in: Viva, Bona, K.Uncle, Arsenal, Vauxhall, Southpaw, & MALA. Do you see such words/lines in Quarry and what are they and how would you interpret them to have a duality or plurality in meaning?

Re: Are there *ANY* uses of double entendre or lines w/ dual meanings, be they sexual or not, in Qua

> I can think of lines that are open to more than one meaning in: Viva,
> Bona, K.Uncle, Arsenal, Vauxhall, Southpaw, & MALA. Do you see such
> words/lines in Quarry and what are they and how would you interpret them
> to have a duality or plurality in meaning?

I don't know about any double entendres, but my Japanese vinyl copy has the following etching: 'I wish BG would stop plaguing Morrissey-Solo, - Morrissey'. Perhaps you could shed some light on this?

Re: Are there *ANY* uses of double entendre or lines w/ dual meanings, be they sexual or not, in Qua

All the lazy Dykes:

Come to the palms

> All the lazy Dykes:

> Come to the palms

How so?

It's not quite double entendre but I'd have thought Irish blood - 'I've been dreaming of a time when to be standing by the flag ...' is not the same as saying 'now is the time to stand by the flag' - i.e we are not at that time yet, the flag is still hijacked by the extreme right, else why was the Irish tri-colour the only flag Morrissey lifted from the crowd at MEN?

> How so?

"Come to the palms", besides being an invitation to the "Palms" (the club), could also be describing what happens in its back rooms (that is, supposing the club has back rooms... which it probably does not).

Hilarious!

Ok I am dumb. I get BONA (boner) and ARSENAL (arse 'n' all) but those others, can you please explain???

RObert FISK
logo.jpg

Ok I am dumb. I get BONA (boner) and ARSENAL (arse 'n' all) but those others, can you please explain???

RObert FISK
logo.jpg

not a quarry track.. but I'm sure you realise that in 'Don't make fun of Daddy's voice', the 'something got stuck in his throat' is a pretty sexual, and intentional double meaning.

There are a number of double meanings on Quarry don't you think?

> not a quarry track.. but I'm sure you realise that in 'Don't make fun of
> Daddy's voice', the 'something got stuck in his throat' is a pretty
> sexual, and intentional double meaning.

> There are a number of double meanings on Quarry don't you think?

how many Moz fans do you know in Arkansas bro?

i don't see a number of double meanings. i read where someone said that line in IBEH "and I will die with both of my hands untied" means that he would not be tied to a political party...and they somehow connected it to also being gay...and it was lost on me.

In conclusion then, Quarry is a piece of shit, because there is no ambiguity to be found.

None whatsoever.

Quarry includes the Quarry sessions which includes the B-Sides.

There are double meanings all over

It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small (Mike Joyce, Mexican, White)

Munich Air Disaster 1958 (Moz was born in '59...)

The Never Played Symphonies (orchestrations on music & life)

Think about it!

Re: Quarry includes the Quarry sessions which includes the B-Sides.

I agree, there are plenty of double meanings. Wilson and co are idiots. THINK ABOUT IT. Do you actually listen to the songs?? Jesus

> There are double meanings all over

> It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small (Mike Joyce, Mexican, White)

> Munich Air Disaster 1958 (Moz was born in '59...)

> The Never Played Symphonies (orchestrations on music & life)

> Think about it!

Back
Top Bottom