Mike Joyce was in the Chat Room Last Night (NO- I wasn't DREAMING)...

M

Mud

Okay start at the BOTTOM of this message and read UP (note the TIMES next to the names indicating when posted)... I pasted the chat as it went on- I am "Mud"- and Mike Joyce is "The Drums"...

ENJOY!

Jay

---

Mud 18:49:04
well if you guys are interested I PASTED the whole damn converstaion the past hour and a half and will send it in to Dave Tseng...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
peter payne 18:48:42
i can't even get an autograph for f*@k's sake. later m. joyce.

spm 18:48:13
Don't forget Harmony Mike!!
Love, Peace and Harmony!!!!!!
---
Mud 18:48:08
no way Peter, it's him....
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Drums left the chat at 18:48:05

-----------------------------------------------------------
salford laddy left the chat at 18:47:56

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Drums 18:47:50
Night,night all....
peter payne 18:47:43
come on now!!!1 was that really a former member, THE former drummer of one of the greatest units on the face of the earth. i feel this is a prank.---

Mud 18:47:08
take care, Mike !!
salford laddy 18:47:03
I gotta retire folks. See you soon.
Peter, I'll email tomorrow. G'night Mike!

The Drums 18:46:58
For the same reason you come here??
peter payne 18:46:56
see you around mike joyce.
maplefreak 18:46:49
later MIKE! do stop by again!
Mud 18:46:38
wow I've sat here for like an hour and a half now...
peter payne 18:46:22
mike ?
why would you possibly want to come here???
The Handsome Stranger 18:46:22
Mr Joyce
Are you in here often ???
I'm afraid I must go now

Cherubino 18:46:20
I'm about to call it a night...later, gang!
The Drums 18:46:11
Listen people....2-45 a.m. Time for bed... Whatever you may think of me,think of me... love & Peace Mike XXXXX
--
--------------------------------------------------------
maplefreak 18:44:13
og course there is humor in his work, but i meant off-music wise. EXPLAIN MIKE JOYCE!
---
Mud 18:43:36
salford- you kow I think Jose and I have talked about the subject a few THOUSAND times ;^)
The Drums 18:43:22
Maplefreak....He is one of the funniest men I have ever met....
Cherubino 18:43:20
Funny...I spot a lot of humor in Moz's work. But maybe that's just me.
peter payne 18:43:16
WHY do you come here???!!!
mike joyce.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Drums 18:42:25
Peter...Thanks for the compliment...

---

Mud 18:42:16
another question: did you think that "How Soon Is Now?" would become the cult song it has become? Virtually ANYONE has it in the top 10 ALL TIME songs
maplefreak 18:42:07
one last question from me, DRUMS, then i will leave ya alone.... did Morrissey have any capacity other than Brooding? Does the man not have a sense of humour????
salford laddy 18:41:55
Jay: Jose made that same comment about the Eagles when we spoke about the Smiths reuniting
spm 18:41:32
Mud if they got together I would love to hear them play something better than HSIN!!
The Drums 18:40:53
Emanuel....He had a BAD attitude!!! But he didn't take any @#!!! from no-one...

Mud 18:40:51
I know it's FAR-FETCHED- but hey- the EAGLES did it... ;^)
I understand it may never ever happen, though...

---
The Drums 18:39:41
Mud....Now that is being un-realistic....
peter payne 18:39:39
mike joyce!!!?? i feel like telling you that i think some of your best work was on, even though it was such light work, your brush sticks on "stretch out and wait"
this is outrageous,should i believe it?

Emanuel 18:39:26
Mike ~ he has a good attitude ? or why was he fantastic ?

---
Mud 18:38:55
All of us would like to someday see you live on stage with the rest of the SMITHS- at least to play "How Soon Is Now?"!!!
The Drums 18:38:36
Emanuel...He was FANTASTIC!!!!!
The Drums 18:37:45
Oh that song. I haven't heard it but I know the lyrical content...I think it's hilarious!!!
peter payne 18:37:42
i cannot believe this, is it so, is it mike joyce in our paltry chat??
why the devil would you possibly come here????
i am sorry if it is really you, but i can't help being skeptical with all the imposters everyday claiming to be one of the four.

---
Mud 18:37:41
yes it was interesting seeing you and Andy in the "Last of the Famous..." video and the live concert from "Hulmerist"- considering the mess to come...
Emanuel 18:36:51
Mike ~ you played with pil !! what was johnny like ????
---
The Drums 18:36:06
Peter ...SINEAD O'CONNOR, BUZZCOCKS, JULIAN COPE, MORRISSEY!!! PUBLIC IMAGE LIMITED, PETE WYLIE,P.P.ARNOLD...
---
spm 18:35:42
lawyer,liar
---
maplefreak 18:34:58
the name eludes me.. it says "a man who slits throats has time on his hands, and i'm gonna get you... you think you've won.. oh no.." you MUST know this song.
---
Mud 18:34:49
TOUGH QUESTION...

---
The Handsome Stranger 18:34:17
Mr Joyce -
I believe it is "sorrow will come in the end"
----
The Drums 18:33:41
Maple....What track is that?
---
maplefreak 18:31:57
so what did you think of that "song" on the b-side of maladjusted? I mean i liked it cause i wallow in bitterness, but i always wondered what you thought. it is quite a threat, no?

---
peter payne 18:32:49
what are all the bands you've played with since the smiths demise, "mr.joyce"???

---
The Drums 18:32:11
Salford....Will do.....
----
The Drums 18:31:29
Handsome....When we see each other, yes.

---
HFL 18:31:07
The Drums-What do you mean @#!!!,she is raw talent.This time next year she will be as big as "half man half biscuit"with the right management.I'll take your answer as a no shall i.

----
salford laddy 18:30:49
check out morrisseytour.com for Spike pics, Mike. I think the resemblance is scary
-------
The Drums 18:30:35
Feel free Maple....

---
The Handsome Stranger 18:29:49
Mr Joyce -
I hate to pry, but are you and Johnny on speaking terms ???
What do you think of his work with Bernard on Electronic ?

--------
The Drums 18:29:23
Salford...I haven't seen what he looks like....

---

The Drums 18:28:40
Hfl...In Britney Spears? Even my daughter thinks she is @#!!!!!!!
------
salford laddy 18:28:32
I think Spike Smiths is a dead ringer (looks wise) for you, Drums.
---
Mud 18:28:30
that makes sense- thanks for answering- at the risk of alienating Moz fans... I appreciate you being open and sincere here!!!
---------
maplefreak 18:27:57
mike, i have a question, if you don't mind....
---
The Drums 18:27:21
Because if he doesn't fight this thing all the way, then people might start to believe that he was wrong....
---
Mud 18:25:16
The Drums- thank you for the INFO- I'll send you a tape!
---
HFL 18:25:06
The Drums-I'm putting together a tribute band to Britney Spears,intrested ?
---
Mud 18:23:43
okay one more question to dwell on:
You won. Moz lost. Why does he insist it's not over? Marr apparently has settled... will Moz?
You don't have to answer if you don't want to...

---

The Drums 18:23:21
His name is John Bourke.
--
The Drums 18:22:43
Mud....Check out my website: mikejoyce.com
There is a contact number for my agent...

---
1 on 1: salford laddy 18:21:43
I know, we've spoken on the phone. he's really cool

--------
The Drums 18:20:26
Hey Salford!!!
---
1 on 1: To: The_Drums 18:20:04
I can MAIL you a copy- I understand if you don't want your address posted outside of the RED- or at all...

---

The Drums 18:20:01
I am working with an Asian guitarist called Aziz. He Co-wrote Ian Browns' album,"Un-Finished Monkey Business" With Andy Rourke on bass.
---

Mud 18:17:41
The Drums - yeah Jose told me about that night ;^)
I have a tape of ORIGINAL material they (SATH) did (with a different line-up) in 1993- I'm biased but I think it's GREAT music... Very Smiths-like, of course ;^)
--------
The Handsome Stranger 18:17:37
Mr Joyce -
What are you doing now ?
Are you keeping busy ??

---

The Drums 18:17:25
Why Knot?
----

peter payne 18:16:49
mike joyce would not spell "hear" wrong.
---
The Drums 18:15:50
They are a great band. But I would like to here some of their own material. Myself & Andy still laugh about the time we went to the Palladium and Jose was dancing with us...He looked SO much like Morrissey!!!!!

---
The Handsome Stranger 18:12:17
Do you like it ??
sorry, a bit nervous.....

---
Mud 18:11:44
The Drums - yes that's the one-
by the way: what do you really think of the Sweet and Tender Hooligans?

---------
The Handsome Stranger 18:11:40
Mr. Joyce. - Do you like about Johnny's work with Electronic ???

---

The Drums 18:10:34
spm....I remember it well....
---
The Drums 18:09:58
Yes ...When we went for a curry in L.A.?

---

The Drums 18:09:28
Cherub...There was NO contract.....
---
Mud 18:09:17
The Drums- do you remember making a tape for Jose for his answering machine? He still has it!!!
--
The Drums 18:08:24
Don't worry about it Mape....Everyone is entitled to there own opinion....Free speech rules!!!

--
The Drums 18:07:00
Maplefreak.....This is Mike Joyce calling Maplefreak!!!! Yes it is me...

---
Mud 18:06:21
maplefreak- please ask again- I won't say "no" how could I???
--

maplefreak 18:06:00
IS THE DRUMS REALLY MIKE JOYCE?! Cause if he is then i am gonna burn in hell for my earlier comments...

---
Mud 18:05:48
folks if you are just arriving: The Drums REALLY IS Mike Joyce... Take this opportunity to talk to him...
--------
The Drums 18:05:45
Handsome...No, Never. Although I did see Johnny in Altrincham, a suburb of Cheshire, and he told me he was looking for a drummer. I didn't know whether he was asking me or not....I froze!!!!
----------
The Drums 18:02:49
We are all human...Negatives & positives make for discussion...

---
The Handsome Stranger 18:01:51
Were you and Andy ever approached by Matt Johnson or Johnny for session musicians with THE THE after the split ? 1988-1993 ( when johnny was with the the)
---
Mud 18:01:13
I apologise again for dwelling an any of the negatives- the postives of the SMITHS FAR OPUTWEIGH those!!!
---------
The Drums 18:00:51
Emanuel...I wonder why I like those songs sooo much:))))

---

The Drums 18:00:04
Mud...No, I have never heard of this "Phantom contract" Untill you mentioned it.
---
The Drums 17:58:43
Yes it is Handsome....There is no need to go in the red...We are all friends here.
---

The Drums 17:58:01
Emanuel...What do you mean,"Interesting Drug" "Last Of The Famous?" Yeah, me to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---------
maplefreak 17:57:21
HOLD UP!!!! um, The Drums... YOU are Mike Joyce? I just went upstairs and come back and see all this. You are joking, right????????

---
Emanuel 17:54:59
Mike i really only like the younger years of the morrissey solo sound and have come to the conclusion that it had to do with both you and andy still being a part of the sound. I just wanted to tell you that :)
---

Mud 17:55:55
The Drums - that's very cool that you are not bitter about it- and I apologize if discussing this here is rubbing you the wrong way!!!
Well the fact that there never WAS a contract explains why you won... you have heard of the "phantom" one before now? ... why do you think Moz did that??

--------
The Drums 17:55:32
Cherubino...I fought for what I believed in for 10 years. Believe me, it wasn't easy for my family or me...But I don't want to dwell upon the negative side of that...The Smiths were/are a great band...
---------
The Drums 17:52:59
Thanks....I really enjoyed the tenderness & love that was shown to us...
---------

Cherubino 17:52:58
No offense, but considering you got what you wanted, that's hardly grounds for bitterness.
---
The Drums 17:51:59
There never WAS a contract...But let's not be bitter..Surely if anyone should be bitter, it should be me. And I'm not....
----------
Mud 17:51:52
by the way: you showed a lot of class at the Smiths Con in '97 - my friend Jose of the Sweet and Tender Hooligans said both you and Andy were great to hang around!

---
Mud 17:49:34
The DRUMS: WOW! Yes she did!
It's HIM, boys...

Very cool!!

Well it's very SAD that Moz apparently kept you out of your fair share...

You were going after royalties that you deserved...

So they never produced the "phantom contract"??
---

The Drums 17:46:14
No Mud there wasn't a contract....And rather than go in the red...Did the girl I rang tell you what my wife said to her in an E-Mail? Now how would I know about that... hmm...
Mud 17:45:04
what is The hampster quote?
sorry I don't know all of the details or what's truth/fiction really...

(I had just reallized that this REALLY IS Mike Joyce of the Smiths and started PASTING the rest of the chat above)

I miss everything

Wow, Mud, that's amazing! Thank you so much for posting that here.

I guess all of your many many hours spent in the chat room finally paid off!!

That was a cool thing to read. I wonder if he will be at the Smiths Convention this year?

> Okay start at the BOTTOM of this message and read UP (note the
> TIMES next to the names indicating when posted)... I pasted the
> chat as it went on- I am "Mud"- and Mike Joyce is
> "The Drums"...

> ENJOY!

> Jay

> ---

> Mud 18:49:04
> well if you guys are interested I PASTED the whole damn
> converstaion the past hour and a half and will send it in to
> Dave Tseng...
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> peter payne 18:48:42
> i can't even get an autograph for f*@k's sake. later m. joyce.

> spm 18:48:13
> Don't forget Harmony Mike!!
> Love, Peace and Harmony!!!!!!
> ---
> Mud 18:48:08
> no way Peter, it's him....
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> The Drums left the chat at 18:48:05

>
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> salford laddy left the chat at 18:47:56

>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> The Drums 18:47:50
> Night,night all....
>
> peter payne 18:47:43
> come on now!!!1 was that really a former member, THE former
> drummer of one of the greatest units on the face of the earth. i
> feel this is a prank.---

> Mud 18:47:08
> take care, Mike !!
>
> salford laddy 18:47:03
> I gotta retire folks. See you soon.
> Peter, I'll email tomorrow. G'night Mike!

>
> The Drums 18:46:58
> For the same reason you come here??
>
> peter payne 18:46:56
> see you around mike joyce.
>
> maplefreak 18:46:49
> later MIKE! do stop by again!
>
> Mud 18:46:38
> wow I've sat here for like an hour and a half now...
>
> peter payne 18:46:22
> mike ?
> why would you possibly want to come here???
>
> The Handsome Stranger 18:46:22
> Mr Joyce
> Are you in here often ???
> I'm afraid I must go now

>
> Cherubino 18:46:20
> I'm about to call it a night...later, gang!
>
> The Drums 18:46:11
> Listen people....2-45 a.m. Time for bed... Whatever you may
> think of me,think of me... love & Peace Mike XXXXX
> --
> --------------------------------------------------------
> maplefreak 18:44:13
> og course there is humor in his work, but i meant off-music
> wise. EXPLAIN MIKE JOYCE!
> ---
> Mud 18:43:36
> salford- you kow I think Jose and I have talked about the
> subject a few THOUSAND times ;^)
>
> The Drums 18:43:22
> Maplefreak....He is one of the funniest men I have ever met....
>
> Cherubino 18:43:20
> Funny...I spot a lot of humor in Moz's work. But maybe that's
> just me.
>
> peter payne 18:43:16
> WHY do you come here???!!!
> mike joyce.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> The Drums 18:42:25
> Peter...Thanks for the compliment...

> ---

> Mud 18:42:16
> another question: did you think that "How Soon Is
> Now?" would become the cult song it has become? Virtually
> ANYONE has it in the top 10 ALL TIME songs
>
> maplefreak 18:42:07
> one last question from me, DRUMS, then i will leave ya alone....
> did Morrissey have any capacity other than Brooding? Does the
> man not have a sense of humour????
>
> salford laddy 18:41:55
> Jay: Jose made that same comment about the Eagles when we spoke
> about the Smiths reuniting
>
> spm 18:41:32
> Mud if they got together I would love to hear them play
> something better than HSIN!!
>
> The Drums 18:40:53
> Emanuel....He had a BAD attitude!!! But he didn't take any
> @#!!! from no-one...

> Mud 18:40:51
> I know it's FAR-FETCHED- but hey- the EAGLES did it... ;^)
> I understand it may never ever happen, though...

> ---
> The Drums 18:39:41
> Mud....Now that is being un-realistic....
>
> peter payne 18:39:39
> mike joyce!!!?? i feel like telling you that i think some of
> your best work was on, even though it was such light work, your
> brush sticks on "stretch out and wait"
> this is outrageous,should i believe it?

>
> Emanuel 18:39:26
> Mike ~ he has a good attitude ? or why was he fantastic ?

> ---
> Mud 18:38:55
> All of us would like to someday see you live on stage with the
> rest of the SMITHS- at least to play "How Soon Is
> Now?"!!!
>
> The Drums 18:38:36
> Emanuel...He was FANTASTIC!!!!!
>
> The Drums 18:37:45
> Oh that song. I haven't heard it but I know the lyrical
> content...I think it's hilarious!!!
>
> peter payne 18:37:42
> i cannot believe this, is it so, is it mike joyce in our paltry
> chat??
> why the devil would you possibly come here????
> i am sorry if it is really you, but i can't help being skeptical
> with all the imposters everyday claiming to be one of the four.

> ---
> Mud 18:37:41
> yes it was interesting seeing you and Andy in the "Last of
> the Famous..." video and the live concert from
> "Hulmerist"- considering the mess to come...
>
> Emanuel 18:36:51
> Mike ~ you played with pil !! what was johnny like ????
> ---
> The Drums 18:36:06
> Peter ...SINEAD O'CONNOR, BUZZCOCKS, JULIAN COPE, MORRISSEY!!!
> PUBLIC IMAGE LIMITED, PETE WYLIE,P.P.ARNOLD...
> ---
> spm 18:35:42
> lawyer,liar
> ---
> maplefreak 18:34:58
> the name eludes me.. it says "a man who slits throats has
> time on his hands, and i'm gonna get you... you think you've
> won.. oh no.." you MUST know this song.
> ---
> Mud 18:34:49
> TOUGH QUESTION...

> ---
> The Handsome Stranger 18:34:17
> Mr Joyce -
> I believe it is "sorrow will come in the end"
> ----
> The Drums 18:33:41
> Maple....What track is that?
> ---
> maplefreak 18:31:57
> so what did you think of that "song" on the b-side of
> maladjusted? I mean i liked it cause i wallow in bitterness, but
> i always wondered what you thought. it is quite a threat, no?

> ---
> peter payne 18:32:49
> what are all the bands you've played with since the smiths
> demise, "mr.joyce"???

> ---
> The Drums 18:32:11
> Salford....Will do.....
> ----
> The Drums 18:31:29
> Handsome....When we see each other, yes.

> ---
> HFL 18:31:07
> The Drums-What do you mean @#!!! ,she is raw talent.This time
> next year she will be as big as "half man half
> biscuit"with the right management.I'll take your answer as
> a no shall i.

> ----
> salford laddy 18:30:49
> check out morrisseytour.com for Spike pics, Mike. I think the
> resemblance is scary
> -------
> The Drums 18:30:35
> Feel free Maple....

> ---
> The Handsome Stranger 18:29:49
> Mr Joyce -
> I hate to pry, but are you and Johnny on speaking terms ???
> What do you think of his work with Bernard on Electronic ?

> --------
> The Drums 18:29:23
> Salford...I haven't seen what he looks like....

> ---

> The Drums 18:28:40
> Hfl...In Britney Spears? Even my daughter thinks she is @#!!!
> !!!!
> ------
> salford laddy 18:28:32
> I think Spike Smiths is a dead ringer (looks wise) for you,
> Drums.
> ---
> Mud 18:28:30
> that makes sense- thanks for answering- at the risk of
> alienating Moz fans... I appreciate you being open and sincere
> here!!!
> ---------
> maplefreak 18:27:57
> mike, i have a question, if you don't mind....
> ---
> The Drums 18:27:21
> Because if he doesn't fight this thing all the way, then people
> might start to believe that he was wrong....
> ---
> Mud 18:25:16
> The Drums- thank you for the INFO- I'll send you a tape!
> ---
> HFL 18:25:06
> The Drums-I'm putting together a tribute band to Britney
> Spears,intrested ?
> ---
> Mud 18:23:43
> okay one more question to dwell on:
> You won. Moz lost. Why does he insist it's not over? Marr
> apparently has settled... will Moz?
> You don't have to answer if you don't want to...

> ---

> The Drums 18:23:21
> His name is John Bourke.
> --
> The Drums 18:22:43
> Mud....Check out my website: mikejoyce.com
> There is a contact number for my agent...

> ---
> 1 on 1: salford laddy 18:21:43
> I know, we've spoken on the phone. he's really cool

> --------
> The Drums 18:20:26
> Hey Salford!!!
> ---
> 1 on 1: To: The_Drums 18:20:04
> I can MAIL you a copy- I understand if you don't want your
> address posted outside of the RED- or at all...

> ---

> The Drums 18:20:01
> I am working with an Asian guitarist called Aziz. He Co-wrote
> Ian Browns' album,"Un-Finished Monkey Business" With
> Andy Rourke on bass.
> ---

> Mud 18:17:41
> The Drums - yeah Jose told me about that night ;^)
> I have a tape of ORIGINAL material they (SATH) did (with a
> different line-up) in 1993- I'm biased but I think it's GREAT
> music... Very Smiths-like, of course ;^)
> --------
> The Handsome Stranger 18:17:37
> Mr Joyce -
> What are you doing now ?
> Are you keeping busy ??

> ---

> The Drums 18:17:25
> Why Knot?
> ----

> peter payne 18:16:49
> mike joyce would not spell "hear" wrong.
> ---
> The Drums 18:15:50
> They are a great band. But I would like to here some of their
> own material. Myself & Andy still laugh about the time we
> went to the Palladium and Jose was dancing with us...He looked
> SO much like Morrissey!!!!!

> ---
> The Handsome Stranger 18:12:17
> Do you like it ??
> sorry, a bit nervous.....

> ---
> Mud 18:11:44
> The Drums - yes that's the one-
> by the way: what do you really think of the Sweet and Tender
> Hooligans?

> ---------
> The Handsome Stranger 18:11:40
> Mr. Joyce. - Do you like about Johnny's work with Electronic ???

> ---

> The Drums 18:10:34
> spm....I remember it well....
> ---
> The Drums 18:09:58
> Yes ...When we went for a curry in L.A.?

> ---

> The Drums 18:09:28
> Cherub...There was NO contract.....
> ---
> Mud 18:09:17
> The Drums- do you remember making a tape for Jose for his
> answering machine? He still has it!!!
> --
> The Drums 18:08:24
> Don't worry about it Mape....Everyone is entitled to there own
> opinion....Free speech rules!!!

> --
> The Drums 18:07:00
> Maplefreak.....This is Mike Joyce calling Maplefreak!!!! Yes it
> is me...

> ---
> Mud 18:06:21
> maplefreak- please ask again- I won't say "no" how
> could I???
> --

> maplefreak 18:06:00
> IS THE DRUMS REALLY MIKE JOYCE?! Cause if he is then i am gonna
> burn in hell for my earlier comments...

> ---
> Mud 18:05:48
> folks if you are just arriving: The Drums REALLY IS Mike
> Joyce... Take this opportunity to talk to him...
> --------
> The Drums 18:05:45
> Handsome...No, Never. Although I did see Johnny in Altrincham, a
> suburb of Cheshire, and he told me he was looking for a drummer.
> I didn't know whether he was asking me or not....I froze!!!!
> ----------
> The Drums 18:02:49
> We are all human...Negatives & positives make for
> discussion...

> ---
> The Handsome Stranger 18:01:51
> Were you and Andy ever approached by Matt Johnson or Johnny for
> session musicians with THE THE after the split ? 1988-1993 (
> when johnny was with the the)
> ---
> Mud 18:01:13
> I apologise again for dwelling an any of the negatives- the
> postives of the SMITHS FAR OPUTWEIGH those!!!
> ---------
> The Drums 18:00:51
> Emanuel...I wonder why I like those songs sooo much:))))

> ---

> The Drums 18:00:04
> Mud...No, I have never heard of this "Phantom
> contract" Untill you mentioned it.
> ---
> The Drums 17:58:43
> Yes it is Handsome....There is no need to go in the red...We are
> all friends here.
> ---

> The Drums 17:58:01
> Emanuel...What do you mean,"Interesting Drug"
> "Last Of The Famous?" Yeah, me to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ---------
> maplefreak 17:57:21
> HOLD UP!!!! um, The Drums... YOU are Mike Joyce? I just went
> upstairs and come back and see all this. You are joking,
> right????????

> ---
> Emanuel 17:54:59
> Mike i really only like the younger years of the morrissey solo
> sound and have come to the conclusion that it had to do with
> both you and andy still being a part of the sound. I just wanted
> to tell you that :)
> ---

> Mud 17:55:55
> The Drums - that's very cool that you are not bitter about it-
> and I apologize if discussing this here is rubbing you the wrong
> way!!!
> Well the fact that there never WAS a contract explains why you
> won... you have heard of the "phantom" one before now?
> ... why do you think Moz did that??

> --------
> The Drums 17:55:32
> Cherubino...I fought for what I believed in for 10 years.
> Believe me, it wasn't easy for my family or me...But I don't
> want to dwell upon the negative side of that...The Smiths
> were/are a great band...
> ---------
> The Drums 17:52:59
> Thanks....I really enjoyed the tenderness & love that was
> shown to us...
> ---------

> Cherubino 17:52:58
> No offense, but considering you got what you wanted, that's
> hardly grounds for bitterness.
> ---
> The Drums 17:51:59
> There never WAS a contract...But let's not be bitter..Surely if
> anyone should be bitter, it should be me. And I'm not....
> ----------
> Mud 17:51:52
> by the way: you showed a lot of class at the Smiths Con in '97 -
> my friend Jose of the Sweet and Tender Hooligans said both you
> and Andy were great to hang around!

> ---
> Mud 17:49:34
> The DRUMS: WOW! Yes she did!
> It's HIM, boys...

> Very cool!!

> Well it's very SAD that Moz apparently kept you out of your fair
> share...

> You were going after royalties that you deserved...

> So they never produced the "phantom contract"??
> ---

> The Drums 17:46:14
> No Mud there wasn't a contract....And rather than go in the
> red...Did the girl I rang tell you what my wife said to her in
> an E-Mail? Now how would I know about that... hmm...
> Mud 17:45:04
> what is The hampster quote?
> sorry I don't know all of the details or what's truth/fiction
> really...

> (I had just reallized that this REALLY IS Mike Joyce of the
> Smiths and started PASTING the rest of the chat above)

THANK YOU

> Wow, Mud, that's amazing! Thank you so much for posting that
> here.
- you are very welcome...

> I guess all of your many many hours spent in the chat room
> finally paid off!!
- ;^)
yep - evry lunch hour and after work (never during work) I'll get in there while I'm surfing elsewhere and evry now and agian something INTERESTING actually happens!!!

take care

Re: Spencer has visited as well!!!

> That was a cool thing to read. I wonder if he will be at the
> Smiths Convention this year?

The chat room is becomming quite the "hang out". I beleive it was this past Saturday, the 8th of January I was in the chat room and someone was there with the name of Spencer Corbin. He seemed to be the "real thing". Once he left severyone seemed quite convinced that it had been him, but did not seem to care that much. :( I have this converstaion saved on a disk as well. I find it very interesting that these ex-band members are visiting the Morrissey website. Who might we expect to drop by next???

Re: THANK YOU

I hate chat and rarely go in there, but in Nov. I decided to stop in hoping Moz would be chatting, but instead I chatted to The Drums. I forwarded it to my list and nobody believed me. So since I know YOU believe me:
11/6/99
[I asked for courtroom "gossip"]
The Drums 14:20:39
I actually felt quite sorry for him when my barister cross-examined him...because his lies made him look awfully vulnerable...But then again , one shouldn't LIE.......

[someone mentioned Spike]
The Drums 14:22:59
@#!!! Spike.....He needs ME!!!!!

[someone asked what he thinks of "sorrow"]
The Drums 14:27:29
Embarrasing...Why should sorrow come to me? He was found out....Anger is a natural
emotion...There was no talk of sorrow when I recorded "Interesting Drug" or "Last Of The International Playboys" with him. At that time he KNEW I was taking him to court???

[I asked if Moz would forgive him for suing him]
The Drums 14:30:29
Will I forgive Him for being such a bread head?

[someone asked what he did with the money]
The Drums 14:31:37
I bought a house for me, my wife, and my children.....

[a guy described Mozzer's "temperament" when dealing w/ "friends"]
The Drums 14:33:14
Your right Charmer.....But when one is talking about ones life .....it hurts

[I asked how he prepares for recording and told him about the drummer I hired.]
The Drums 14:29:54
I prepare meticulously..

[I defended "Sorrow" by agreeing with Moz that judges want to be famous and lawyers are liars]
The Drums 14:35:54
WHATEVER, that is completely wrong. Morrissey WAS devious , trucculent & un-reliable....."Where his own interests were at stake".....That is what the judge said..

[but, judges!]
The Drums 14:38:05
WRONG

The Drums 14:37:45
"WHERE HIS OWN INTERESTS WERE AT STAKE!!!!!"

[then someone asked about Johnny]
The Drums 14:42:03
Yes I did sue Johnny as well......Good night people . Love Peace & Happiness you allMIKE

XXXX

> - you are very welcome...
> - ;^)
> yep - evry lunch hour and after work (never during work) I'll
> get in there while I'm surfing elsewhere and evry now and agian
> something INTERESTING actually happens!!!

> take care

Interesting...

That is VERY COOL- thanks for saving and sharing that here!!!

Jay "Mud"

Let's See It!

You have it SAVED? Cool. Post it! What the hell?

WOW!! I DIDN'T KNOW SPENCER DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL HIS OWN NAME!!! IF HIS LAST NAME WAS SPELLED " CORBIN " THEN IT WASN'T HIM!!!!!! IT IS " COBRIN "!!!!!

> WOW!! I DIDN'T KNOW SPENCER DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL HIS OWN
> NAME!!! IF HIS LAST NAME WAS SPELLED " CORBIN " THEN
> IT WASN'T HIM!!!!!! IT IS " COBRIN "!!!!!

A bit hostile are we? I am sorry, it was a human spelling error on my behalf.

I'm surprised everyone was so nice to him. Morrissey loyalists tend to HATE Mike Joyce as much as Morrissey does. Stupid Morrissey. Grow up.

OR were you dreaming?

Saw "THE DRUMS" again earlier in the chatroom.. though he wasnt as friendly this time.

Back
Top Bottom