Marr & Joyce interview in latest issue of Word

A

arseface

Browsed through this in Smiths today - interesting interviews on break up of the Smiths, with some positive words about Moz from Marr...

> Browsed through this in Smiths today - interesting interviews on break up
> of the Smiths, with some positive words about Moz from Marr...

Can you scan and post? Which edition is it?
Believe it or not, there are still a few Smiths fans out here...

No - I didnt buy it (theres bloody Moz in every magazine at the moment - Ive given up trying to get them all). Its called something like "Interview wth the band that Dreams it never split up". Marr and Joyce interviewed seperately (no suprise). Joyce still dreams of being in the Smiths (no chance now!). Marr tries to focus on posivitve stuff - his happy memories of the band, what he though Morrisseys appeal was etc - no badmouthing between the two of them this time. Says they had a fax conversation last year abut releasing a Smiths rarities box set and/or the Troy Tate seesions LP, but it didnt come to much, presumably because of the Joyce situation. Marr slams Joyce and seems to stick up for Morrissey this time, saying he wasnt very happy with the people who represented him at the court case. Interviewer asks Marr about the great rumour that Marr really left the Smiths becasue Moz was in love with him and resented his wife coming between them, which Marr denies.

Oh, and on the album after Strangeways!

Oh - and most interestingly Marr gives some hints about what the album after Strangeways could have sounded like - rather than the expected electronic influence which most presume Moz would have resisted, he taks about wanting to do an album of "Morrissey torch-songs" in the style of Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loves Me.
Sod Joyce - somebody get Moz and Marr get together again!

Back
Top Bottom