Manchester Arena

E

English Martyr

How near is the nearest pub? Can you see the queues developing from this pub? Any predictions as to what time to start queing for a front section pog?

Nearest pubs are the historic Sinclairs and Sam Smiths Oyster bar opposite Marks & Spencer on Exchange Square.
As for time to quyeue... who knows!
The Goat

Well - when I have been to gigs at the MEN in the past, the Oyster Bar seems the natural place to which people flow. It is about 0.2km from the arena. So that gets pretty busy. There are some decent pubs / bars on deansgate too.

Tom.

> How near is the nearest pub? Can you see the queues developing from this
> pub? Any predictions as to what time to start queing for a front section
> pog?

I don't think there are too many standing tickets so it might not be a problem

As for a time to queue i think a lot will want to see Franz Ferdinand so quite early
> Well - when I have been to gigs at the MEN in the past, the Oyster Bar
> seems the natural place to which people flow. It is about 0.2km from the
> arena. So that gets pretty busy. There are some decent pubs / bars on
> deansgate too.

> Tom.

Sinclairs is by far the best pub in the area. However you cannot move in the place on any given Saturday (Moz aside), so it could be a problem. It's on my route into town anyway so I'll give it a quick glance. The nearest pub is WAxy O'Connors at the Printworks, a plastic Irish pub that will be full to the rafters with Reds watching the cup final (my Dad probably included!).

Corbieres might be interesting (Half Moon St, off Cross Street) a hard to find (look for Royal Exchange, Cross St, its tucked away next door) cellar bar, that has an interesting past.

Deansgate is a very poor choice for weekend drinking. Go and have a look! You'll see.

I'm still pondering

I Just Drove Past. Queue has Already Started

pic169799.jpg

Back
Top Bottom