My review of Moz on Ross -- as if my opinion means more than yours...

K

King Leer

First off, fascinating to see Morrissey in this kind of setting for those of us not in the UK (thank you lutewhine).

I thought IBEH seemed a bit...off, as if it had one foot stuck in Marmite. Though once Morrissey finishes his final lyric with a wicked trill of the 'r', everything falls into place for the rocking outro. It's a great single -- anyone who doesn't think so is off their nut.

I thought the interplay between Ross and Morrissey was really good! When I read the quotes, it sounded a bit of a dour affair, but it was like ping-pong, with still out-of-breath Moz having nary a chance to inhale. When Ross calls him a "big ol' liar", and Morrissey wags his finger at Ross, eyebrow raised and says "Jonathan", a bit of the Krays surfaces. Watch it, son! Recently, Morrissey really could make a go of being a actor for the screen. Morrissey sounds so sincere when he says of his "performance" that it's "real life". Even through the sigsn of physical aging, the young man from The Smiths is still so very close to the surface. He'll never become the auto wreck that so many other aging performers do, because he's so REAL.

"I do very normal things. I listen to music. EAT. Listen to the radio."

When he states his age as "70" it's so classically delivered... He has great comic timing throughout the interview. Please give at least one film performance before you go!

I've heard much worse attempts at This Charming Man than Harry Hill's. Ronnie O'Sullivan could easily be a member of Moz' band if he'd cut his hair.

R: "But you settle old scores with every album that comes out, don't you?"
M: "It isn't enough."

Loved the NY Dolls "Subway" intro to Everyday is Like Sunday -- the transition gave me shivers. BEAUTIFULLY done version of this well-aired track. Very lush. Shame on anyone who slags off the Lads (everyone looks great, too). The keyboards really make it the best it's ever been in a live setting.

Those of you who are going to Manchester on his birthday are truly, truly lucky. Enjoy every second of it!

> Shame on anyone who slags off the Lads
> (everyone looks great, too). The keyboards really make it the best it's
> ever been in a live setting.

> Those of you who are going to Manchester on his birthday are truly, truly
> lucky. Enjoy every second of it!

I will enjoy the MEN!

But there's nothing wrong with being honest about the performance. It was poor. IBEH was ruined by the band, and the interview was dull.

You don't have to swear black is white regarding Morrissey, you know.

Broken

Back
Top Bottom