Angela, OMG!!! You "hate" Come Back To Camden?? Are you ill?

The production on ...Camden sounds like Born On The 5th Of November by Carter USM

El cheapo, in other words. Kills the song stone dead for me, I have to say.

Re: The production on ...Camden sounds like Born On The 5th Of November by Carter USM

> El cheapo, in other words. Kills the song stone dead for me, I have to
> say.

are you demented? i think you are, that has been proved week after year,
it's one of his best songs EBBBER YOU NIG NOG

Re: The production on ...Camden sounds like Born On The 5th Of November by Carter USM

> are you demented? i think you are, that has been proved week after year,
> it's one of his best songs EBBBER YOU NIG NOG

Whatever - I think the production on that song is absolutely appalling. I'd love to hear it live, because I'm sure it's a bloody good song, but where there should be a string quartet they've wheeled out what sounds like a 1980s Yamaha keyboard on the "vaguely orchestral" setting. And it detracts from the song.

Seriously, download that Carter song off Soulseek or something - it's like a really cheaply recorded version of Mud's Lonely This Christmas.

> Seriously, download that Carter song off Soulseek or something - it's like
> a really cheaply recorded version of Mud's Lonely This Christmas.

I will do no such thing. I still have "The Love Album" on cassette in the side pocket of my car door though.... The same place it's been for years and years and years.

Jesus, how old's your car?

> I will do no such thing. I still have "The Love Album" on
> cassette in the side pocket of my car door though.... The same place it's
> been for years and years and years.

That album came out in 1992, you realise?

And while I'm on the subject of comparisons, I think the production on I Like You sounds like Anyone Out There by Rialto (which in turn sounds like Depeche Mode), while both The Never Played Symphonies and the flute solo at the end of I'm Not Sorry are reminiscent of My Life Story songs, the names of which escape me.

Re: Jesus, how old's your car?

My car's actually a 98, but it's one of those things that made the transfer from my old car, directly into my new car when I got it.... Notice I said "Cassette" as well.

Back
Top Bottom