Moz at Johnathon Ross last night - Report

A

Aly Panic

I went along to TV Centre to the the big man on Johnathon Ross last night.
The Four Poofs and a Piano were all wearing black Morrissey T Shirts.
Dale Winton was the first guest, this was the same interview the pair did the other week on Ross' radio show, we found out that Winton last had a shag 5 weeks ago, Winton then admitted a liking for Deano, on the large screen at the back of the stage was Deano not looking very happy. When Dale returned back stage he gave Deano a hug.
Ronnie O'Sulivan the snooker player was next and then after a small set change the band came on performed IBEH, again filming stopped for a while and Morrissey was left on stage alone and had an informal chat with Ross, he asked if anyone calls him Steven, he replied no and that he ignores anyone who calls him it.
The interview was brilliant, Moz seemed a bit uncomfortable at first, the pair talked about how politicans are crooks, how meat is murder and Moz then slagged David Bowie off,"People like Ziggy Stardust not David Bowie". He was showed a clip of Harry Hill on Stars In Their Eyes, Moz wasn't impressed.
The show ended with a My Love Life/Everyday Is Like Sunday medley.
Moz was wearing a red blazer, stripped shirt, grey trousers and black shoes.

You can see it all tonight on BBC1 after the 10 oclock news.

thx, I look forward to seeing it. Cant understand why he played Everyday and not the First of the gang. Would have been a good platform to get the viewers acquainted with his new single.

> thx, I look forward to seeing it. Cant understand why he played Everyday
> and not the First of the gang. Would have been a good platform to get the
> viewers acquainted with his new single.

Personally, I think not releasing "America Is Not The World" as a single in the UK is a big opportunity missed given the wave of anti-American feeling (well, anti-Bush) that's been building over the last couple of years. Hmm...maybe that would too cynical..

.Hmm...maybe that would too cynical..

It certainly wouldn't be too tuneful!!

You know he doesn't like to be pigeon-holed so two fairly 'protesty' singles in a row wouldn't be a very Morrissey thing to do.

Correction

Morrissey almost certainly didn't do a medley of "My love life" and "Every Day Is like SUnday". It will be the version performed so far on the tour which merges Every Day Is like Sunday" with "Subway Train" by the Nw York Dolls.

But given that you think "Speedway" is about Rudolph Hess i'm not surprised you didn't know that.

It would have been nice if people who actually had a clue what they were talking about got tickets

Re: Correction

> It would have been nice if people who actually had a clue what they were
> talking about got tickets

wanker

Thanks for the summary. Being in Canada (and only having basic cable), I won't be able to watch it , so it's kind of you to describe it for this poor, deprived Canuck!

> Morrissey almost certainly didn't do a medley of "My love life"
> and "Every Day Is like SUnday". It will be the version performed
> so far on the tour which merges Every Day Is like Sunday" with
> "Subway Train" by the Nw York Dolls.

> But given that you think "Speedway" is about Rudolph Hess i'm
> not surprised you didn't know that.

If you don't think it's about Rudolf Hess, I can find you the text from whence was ripped. Mt Lunatic Fringe - can you get that quotation again?

Sk.

I saw him in the corridor ......

> Just after Dale Winton I took the opportunity to go to the toilet as Moz was not on until third .... as I was walking back to the studio Moz walked past me, about two feet away, and into the toilets ... the band stood around outside, laughing about Deano and Dale Winton.
I was too gobsmacked to say anything to them but what a night ......

look forward to watching it.
the harry hill thing should be funny.

> Lets hear it then.

You'll have to wait till tonight when he's back from work. And then the quotations. I was a bit squiffy last night, but I seem to remember is was from his letters book A Prisoner Of Peace, although I could be wrong. Mr Fringe will give you the definitive answer later - as he read it to me I remember being amazed at how many direct lifts there were - anyway, hang on till later.

Sk.

TOP TIP - WATCH THE SHOW TWICE!!

tHIS would be applicable if

a) you live in scotland

b) you have SKY tv or alternative

c) you can't set the video recorder.

On BBC1 Scotland it's on at 11.05 pm.

But first of all you can watch it on a BBC regional programme where it starts at 10.35. (look up your Sky listings to find one)

Looking forward to it already!!!

> Morrissey almost certainly didn't do a medley of "My love life"
> and "Every Day Is like SUnday". It will be the version performed
> so far on the tour which merges Every Day Is like Sunday" with
> "Subway Train" by the Nw York Dolls.

> But given that you think "Speedway" is about Rudolph Hess i'm
> not surprised you didn't know that.

Someone told me "Speedway" was about Rudolf Hess when I played it at a Smiths Night.
It sounded like "My Love Life", I don't listen to The New York Dolls.

Re: I saw him in the corridor ......

Lucky you, I thought he might have come over to shake some hands, my mate was wanting his promo signed, but no such look.
I was sat 2nd row in front of the band.

I think I read that 'Subway' sounds a bit like 'My Love Life'.

I failed English at school

> I think I read that 'Subway' sounds a bit like 'My Love Life'.

Yep that's right.

Back
Top Bottom