Please don't buy "You Are the Quarry" from chains

L

Librarian on Fire

How about buying the album from a smaller independent retailer? I know there seems to be much importance upon chart placements, but really these are all ephemeral. The critical acclaim is worth more than the status of a chart position which has the life span of a mayfly.

A lot of those small independent stores are facing closure because of large chain stores like Borders and HMV. They're owned by people who don't really care what they stock, just as long as it sells. Help keep the little bloke in a job for a bit longer. And if it takes a day to traipse across town to a store like this, well we've waited seven years for album, one more week won't kill you (unless you step out in front of the 633 bus from the High St).

> How about buying the album from a smaller independent retailer? I know
> there seems to be much importance upon chart placements, but really these
> are all ephemeral. The critical acclaim is worth more than the status of a
> chart position which has the life span of a mayfly.

> A lot of those small independent stores are facing closure because of
> large chain stores like Borders and HMV. They're owned by people who don't
> really care what they stock, just as long as it sells. Help keep the
> little bloke in a job for a bit longer. And if it takes a day to traipse
> across town to a store like this, well we've waited seven years for album,
> one more week won't kill you (unless you step out in front of the 633 bus
> from the High St).

all very noble but woolies counts towards the charts, that's all i want to
know, i don't want frank zappas latest pink 12 inch release, ahem!

I tried an independent (Beggar' Banquet) to try to get "Under the Influence", (Beggar' Banquet). The bloke behind the counter said that they don't ever stock Morrissey but that one of the staff members liked him. All VERY helpful.....so I legged it to HMV.

But you ARE correct LoF so I shall re-double my effort, put my thinking cap on as to where I could get it, but it's so tempting when the nearest shop stocking it is Sainsbury.

> all very noble but woolies counts towards the charts, that's all i want to
> know, i don't want frank zappas latest pink 12 inch release, ahem!

Back
Top Bottom