A Question for the Moz' fans.

I

irksome-ivan

Just to get a general pulse, I was wondering what not-so-popular Morrissey song does everybody like the best? I'll have to go with either, "Satan Rejected My Soul", "Luck Lisp," or "The Lazy Sunbathers." Oh geez, it appears I could go on much longer. Just kind of curious as to everybody else's views. I always enjoy asking others what non-limelight tracks of their favorite artists they enjoy most. Ta-ta

Morrissey had always maintained that he wasn't very fond of "What Difference Does It Make," but I LOVE that song. The lyrics are emotional but not maudlin, and although he didn't display much vocal range, he shows true feeling in the way he sings those words. The music is simple, energetic

As for his solo stuff, I can say without a moment's hesitation that I think "King Leer" is kinda cute. OK, the "got one knee" and "gift of the grab" lines are quite stupid, but the rest of the lyrics are catchy (the chihuahua - God, did I actually spell that correctly?? - line and the funny little pause between "style...to dial" - complete w/ sniffs - just make me chuckle).

PS: Just got through reading a biography of the beautiful and talented Montgomery Clift. YIKES! What a tortured, twisted life this man led. If you're into human tragedy (and on this site, who isn't??) do yourself a favor and read this book (and, of course, watch his films!).

clift708.jpg

not so popular... well... if we like a song it will be popular to us... for example, the first name that appeared in my mind was "lost"; but this song was quoted so many times here... i don't know... perhaps others could be "the harsh truth of the camera eye" or "used to be a sweet boy"...

nice question anyway!¿ Just to get a general pulse, I was wondering what not-so-popular¿ Morrissey song does everybody like the best? I'll have to go¿ with either, "Satan Rejected My Soul", "Luck¿ Lisp," or "The Lazy Sunbathers." Oh geez, it¿ appears I could go on much longer. Just kind of curious as to¿ everybody else's views. I always enjoy asking others what¿ non-limelight tracks of their favorite artists they enjoy most.¿ Ta-ta

Answers yield more questions, for there never is a solution.

That's a tough one, you see. Coz, I have always meet fans that like songs I hate, or hate a song that I just love. It's hard to determine which song is 'unpopular'. I guess that's why Morrissey is such an amazing artist. There is no unanimous favorite song amongst his fans. "How Soon Is Now" is commercially the signature song from The Smiths, but some would site that statement as theoretical--as a justifiable disagreement and having a different song in mind. I personally like "Asian Rut" from Kill Uncle, which some fans state a weaker album of his catalogue. But, seeing how the humour-intended instigation of racism allegations are being debated here, I may change my mind. I am Filipino, and can't be a sellout by associating myself with a racist track--if proven so.

> not so popular... well... if we like a song it will be popular¿ to us... for example, the first name that appeared in my mind¿ was "lost"; but this song was quoted so many times¿ here... i don't know... perhaps others could be "the harsh¿ truth of the camera eye" or "used to be a sweet¿ boy"...¿ nice question anyway!

i've been listening to "Dial-A-Cliche" off "Viva Hate" and all the songs from the "Boxers" single myself...they're all rather nice and energetic

Re: Answers yield more questions, for there never is a solution.

NOBODY LOVES US!!! It's my favourite song! I love it so much. The lyrics are cool and his voice is just beautiful.

Nah Asian Rut isn't racist, people just like to read into things too much.

The Teachers are Afraid of the Pupils. Pound for pound (it's 11 and a quarter minutes long).

An answer.. sorta

> Just to get a general pulse, I was wondering what not-so-popular¿ Morrissey song does everybody like the best? I'll have to go¿ with either, "Satan Rejected My Soul", "Luck¿ Lisp," or "The Lazy Sunbathers." Oh geez, it¿ appears I could go on much longer. Just kind of curious as to¿ everybody else's views. I always enjoy asking others what¿ non-limelight tracks of their favorite artists they enjoy most.¿ Ta-ta

I really love lucky lisp, break up the family.. i think your right the list is just way to long.. and I am to very tired to type..

Cheers~!

CQDQTjHzqF5lbyD30Bsv-urNn.jpg

> Just to get a general pulse, I was wondering what not-so-popular¿ Morrissey song does everybody like the best? I'll have to go¿ with either, "Satan Rejected My Soul", "Luck¿ Lisp," or "The Lazy Sunbathers." Oh geez, it¿ appears I could go on much longer. Just kind of curious as to¿ everybody else's views. I always enjoy asking others what¿ non-limelight tracks of their favorite artists they enjoy most.¿ Ta-ta

Meat Is Murder from The Smiths and He Knows I'd Love To See Him
from Moz solo.

I think Satan is a popular track it's always mentioned in the reviews as being one of the better songs. I like Pashernate Love and Sister I'm a poet.

Good question:

I'd have to go with "Used To Be A Sweet Boy" (beautiful piano and backing vocals), "The Operation" (the best drum solo ever), and "Swallow On My Neck" (what The Smiths might sound like today).

jason
xoxo

Nobody Loves Us
Driving Your Girlfriend Home
Sister I Am...!!

I personally love the long version of "Will Never Marry" I think that is the most tear jerking, solemn song that I've ever heard in my life. That song is such a beautiful lamentation of a lonely life and in a way allows me to relate an emotion that otherwise is without words.
Now My Heart is Full also raises such emotions as well¿ Just to get a general pulse, I was wondering what not-so-popular¿ Morrissey song does everybody like the best? I'll have to go¿ with either, "Satan Rejected My Soul", "Luck¿ Lisp," or "The Lazy Sunbathers." Oh geez, it¿ appears I could go on much longer. Just kind of curious as to¿ everybody else's views. I always enjoy asking others what¿ non-limelight tracks of their favorite artists they enjoy most.¿ Ta-ta

If You Have Five Seconds To Spare
mozcar.gif

Re: Answers yield more questions, for there never is a solution.

THANK YOU for saying Nobody Loves Us!! I actually was sort of hoping no one would mention it, so I could be the one to post it. ;) I don't have the Dagenham Dave single, so when I got MEBY last fall, that track quickly became my favorite on the album (and that's on an album with a fine selection).

davin.¿ NOBODY LOVES US!!! It's my favourite song! I love it so much.¿ The lyrics are cool and his voice is just beautiful.¿ Nah Asian Rut isn't racist, people just like to read into things¿ too much.

Do your best and.....
Rufflesome Ruffians
Now my heart is full
How soon is...
Breakup the family

1picsframe.html

Yum!! =)

Thank you for the delicious picture, Lifeguard Sleeping! I've always liked King Leer, too. To me it's very light-hearted and self-mocking.

Back
Top Bottom