MORRISEY'S NEW ALBUM IS A PILE OF SHITE

• Thread starter Tony Custard Bollocks
  • Start date
T

Tony Custard Bollocks

and you all know it is true. How can you even listen to the trash he is putting out if you have ever heard a Smiths record in your life? His whole career has been a mess - Viva Hate was a promising start (unfulfilled), Bona Drag was just the good bits from Viva Hate with padding, Kill Uncle - well I don't need to say anything, Your Arsenal was OK, Vauxhall and I better (but still not classic), and then back to truly dull again for the next 2 (sorry make that 3) records.

When I say "pile of shite", I don't mean per se - compared to most music in the charts it is in a league of its own.. but that doesn't say anything. Take the new single for example - news flash, "IT IS BORING"... BORING BORING BORING.. how can you all be so excited about it? The lyrics are absymal as well..

..personally I blame his band - despite thinking his solo work peaks at "above average" and nadirs at "very very average indeed", I actually do consider myself a fan, based on what the music of the Smiths means to me and how unbelievably brilliant I think they were... but Moz needs talent, and f***ing no hopers "Alain Whyte" and "Boz Boorer" could not come close to even thinking about acquiring any of this elusive and mercurial element..

.."You are the Quarry".. yaaaaaaaawn.. as dull as I'm sure you are finding this post..

> and you all know it is true. How can you even listen to the trash he is
> putting out if you have ever heard a Smiths record in your life? His whole
> career has been a mess - Viva Hate was a promising start (unfulfilled),
> Bona Drag was just the good bits from Viva Hate with padding, Kill Uncle -
> well I don't need to say anything, Your Arsenal was OK, Vauxhall and I
> better (but still not classic), and then back to truly dull again for the
> next 2 (sorry make that 3) records.

> When I say "pile of shite", I don't mean per se - compared to
> most music in the charts it is in a league of its own.. but that doesn't
> say anything. Take the new single for example - news flash, "IT IS
> BORING"... BORING BORING BORING.. how can you all be so excited about
> it? The lyrics are absymal as well..

> ..personally I blame his band - despite thinking his solo work peaks at
> "above average" and nadirs at "very very average
> indeed", I actually do consider myself a fan, based on what the music
> of the Smiths means to me and how unbelievably brilliant I think they
> were... but Moz needs talent, and f***ing no hopers "Alain
> Whyte" and "Boz Boorer" could not come close to even
> thinking about acquiring any of this elusive and mercurial element..

> .."You are the Quarry".. yaaaaaaaawn.. as dull as I'm sure you
> are finding this post..

The only person who is boring around here, is you. Your comment is very classic : the solo career is not as good as the smiths, A. Whyte and B. Boorer are not as good as J. Marr, blablablabla.

Very classic and very boring comment. Stop comparing morrissey with himself please. Certain "fans" like you always say "it was better before" as if you were in a old people's home.

Don't be too nostalgic, open your eyes and you'll see someone you musically admire.

YATQ is very good. Moz has such a beautiful voice, and the songs are so various.

I never claimed I was anything other than boring, no need to resort to personal insults. I believe people like you are the epitomy of the sad groupie era - can't discuss music on a message board without supporting your view with personal mud slinging. Whether I am boring or not is besides the point, why do you choose to take it so personally? Do you think Morrissey is above all criticism, or just that your opinion of a subjective matter cannot *possibly* be wrong?

well said. i actually love yatq but everyone has a right to an opinion and i cant stand those fans who are willing to go on all fours and suck off mozzer's knob at all costs. i love the new album but mozzer ain't god

> I never claimed I was anything other than boring, no need to resort to
> personal insults. I believe people like you are the epitomy of the sad
> groupie era - can't discuss music on a message board without supporting
> your view with personal mud slinging. Whether I am boring or not is
> besides the point, why do you choose to take it so personally? Do you
> think Morrissey is above all criticism, or just that your opinion of a
> subjective matter cannot *possibly* be wrong?

Your comment is really boring. Always the same old things about the lyrics and the music...
I accept the bad review of YATQ only if they are done in a just and truthful way. But yours isn't because you are just saying that it is not like the old days any more. YATQ is not a pile of shit, it is a fact.

> I never claimed I was anything other than boring, no need to resort to
> personal insults. I believe people like you are the epitomy of the sad
> groupie era - can't discuss music on a message board without supporting
> your view with personal mud slinging. Whether I am boring or not is
> besides the point, why do you choose to take it so personally? Do you
> think Morrissey is above all criticism, or just that your opinion of a
> subjective matter cannot *possibly* be wrong?

I haven't heard the new album yet but I have to agree to some of what the beautifully named TonyCustardBollocks says. There is an alarming loyalty to Moz on this site and in general. I find this both a little odd but also rather charming, its nice to be loyal really and support someone who has given so much...Like supporting a football team even when they lose 8 nil (!) Anyway, all message boards attract people who either love or hate an artist. To me it appears that Moz may have had better days musically but the splendously self-conscious bullshit he still spouts in his interviews and the "reclusive genius" tag that people like to apply to him may be rather OTT but what the hell - seing Morrissey in the press rather than Will Young or some other guff has to be a good thing. I think one of my firends really summed up what a lot of people think about MOz the other day, he said, "He's a twat...but I like him"

> Your comment is really boring. Always the same old things about the lyrics
> and the music...
> I accept the bad review of YATQ only if they are done in a just and
> truthful way. But yours isn't because you are just saying that it is not
> like the old days any more. YATQ is not a pile of shit, it is a fact.

I don't even agree with the original poster, but I think your critique of him or her shows you to have the mental age of a 5 year old at best. Just grow up. It can't be a "fact" that something is not bad or very good etc. The criticism is fair enough, if he or she doesn't like it fair enough. I was going to write against the original post but your idiotic post means I would rather side with original poster than be in your company in this.

> I haven't heard the new album yet but I have to agree to some of what the
> beautifully named TonyCustardBollocks says. There is an alarming loyalty
> to Moz on this site and in general. I find this both a little odd but also
> rather charming, its nice to be loyal really and support someone who has
> given so much...Like supporting a football team even when they lose 8 nil
> (!) Anyway, all message boards attract people who either love or hate an
> artist. To me it appears that Moz may have had better days musically but
> the splendously self-conscious bullshit he still spouts in his interviews
> and the "reclusive genius" tag that people like to apply to him
> may be rather OTT but what the hell - seing Morrissey in the press rather
> than Will Young or some other guff has to be a good thing. I think one of
> my firends really summed up what a lot of people think about MOz the other
> day, he said, "He's a twat...but I like him"

hahaha. I love your friend's line! And the analogy about the football team is perfect..

> I don't even agree with the original poster, but I think your critique of
> him or her shows you to have the mental age of a 5 year old at best. Just
> grow up. It can't be a "fact" that something is not bad or very
> good etc. The criticism is fair enough, if he or she doesn't like it fair
> enough. I was going to write against the original post but your idiotic
> post means I would rather side with original poster than be in your
> company in this.

I don't care if you are with the original post or with me. When he said "Morrissey's new album is a pile of shite", he said it as if it was a fact. That's why I said YATQ is not a pile of shite and that's a fact.
Like I said, I accept bad review, but I can't stand the critics that always say the same thing about the lyrics or the music.
Stop comparing morrissey with himself, that's all. The Smiths were a wonderful thing but it is finished. It is too easy to say that the solo career is not as good as the smiths, because the smiths are one of the best bands in the rock history. Even if the solo career is not as wonderful as the smiths, it is a really good.
I think the morrissey's work on YATQ is great, no matter if it isn't The queen is dead n°2, or Vauxhall and I n°2. You can't say that it is a pile of shit if you respect the man.
You can say that it is a bad album if you explain why. To say it is not as good as in the past is not a review for me.

> I don't care if you are with the original post or with me. When he said
> "Morrissey's new album is a pile of shite", he said it as if it
> was a fact. That's why I said YATQ is not a pile of shite and that's a
> fact.
> Like I said, I accept bad review, but I can't stand the critics that
> always say the same thing about the lyrics or the music.
> Stop comparing morrissey with himself, that's all. The Smiths were a
> wonderful thing but it is finished. It is too easy to say that the solo
> career is not as good as the smiths, because the smiths are one of the
> best bands in the rock history. Even if the solo career is not as
> wonderful as the smiths, it is a really good.
> I think the morrissey's work on YATQ is great, no matter if it isn't The
> queen is dead n°2, or Vauxhall and I n°2. You can't say that it is a pile
> of shit if you respect the man.
> You can say that it is a bad album if you explain why. To say it is not as
> good as in the past is not a review for me.

i think you have a serious problem. sit down, take a deep breath and calm down. someone doesn't like morrissey and disagrees with you. big deal. now breeeeeaaaaaathe!

ps. people don't need to have the literary skills of a writer to post reviews on here it is a message board for frank opinion. indeed, if your posts show one thing only, it is that people really don't need literary skill or expression on this board.

pps. breeeeeathe.. inhale... sloooooow..

> There is an alarming loyalty
> to Moz on this site and in general. I find this both a little odd but also
> rather charming, its nice to be loyal really and support someone who has
> given so much...

the reason why there is loyalty on this website is because it's a FAN website!

duh!

Well, a statement like "MORRISSEY'S NEW ALBUM IS A PILE OF SHITE" hardly strikes me as the words of someone trying to start a rational discussion.

Of course people will react. Idiot.

> well said. i actually love yatq but everyone has a right to an opinion and
> i cant stand those fans who are willing to go on all fours and suck off
> mozzer's knob at all costs. i love the new album but mozzer ain't god

irish blood english heart is rubbish

just bought the new single,listened to it twice and its awful.the b side its hard to..... is terrible as well.seven years waiting and moz releases more crap.what a let down

Back
Top Bottom