Roy Keane's Version of IBEH -> ECIH. Plea for help

G

GreatGael

Nationwide station Today FM here in Ireland are giving Morrissey a lot of airplay & he's #2 in their most requested chart. They also have a very popular breakfast show and it contains a slot called Gift Grub - where they do uncanny impressions of famous politicians, celebrities, etc. in bizarre and funny situations.They also do great alternate cover versions of songs.

Roy Keane the Irish soccer player is a regular "character" on this. So I've sent in this alternate version of IBEH (English Club, Irish Heart - see lyrics below) to be covered by their "Roy Keane". Timing is perfect with his international comeback next week coinciding with Mozzer's. I've already got positive feedback from one of the DJs I've sent it to today and she's really enthusiastic.

To make it easier for them, I'm sending them the backing track too. I've taken the instrumental ending of IBEH and rearranged using Sound Forge 5 to fit in with the "choruses" & it sounds perfect. I'm using the KROQ premier version but the DJ is talking over the intro. This is now the only other bit I need to complete the job - so could somebody tell me where I can find an uninterrupted version ( I just need the intro ) or send it to me
Thanks & read on....

English Club, Irish Heart - by Roy Keane
--------------------------------

English Club, Irish Heart
This I'm made of...

There is no one on earth I'm afraid of
And no big team can buy or sell me....

I've been dreaming of a time when
To be Irish is not to be beaten
To be standing by the flag
Not feeling shameful, plain or complacent *

English Club, Irish Heart
This I'm made of...

There is no one on earth I'm afraid of
And no big team can buy or sell me....

I've been dreaming of a time when
The Irish are sick to death of Saipan and Japan **
And spit into the sandwich of the corporate-fan ***
And denounce the F.A.I. who still salute them ****
And will salute them forever.....

* Roy has accused his fellow players of being complacent, content to turn up and not worry about the result.
** The media here never shuts up about this incident which made huge news in the last World Cup.
*** This is a reference to the infamous "prawn sandwich" comment Roy Keane made about fairweather corporate-box "fans".
**** F.A.I. - the Football Association of Ireland, who were the target for the majority of Keane's vitriol in the past, have shown themselves up in the past to be incompetent corporate fat cats and have more respect for their ilk than the real fan.

There are many parallels between Manchester United player Roy Keane & Morrissey.

* Roy Keane was "banished" (almost appeared as if he wanted to be ) from the Irish World Cup squad in Saipan/Japan and was declared a traitor by many for leaving his country down in favour for his own high principles - giving out about the state of facilities/ unprofessionalism and the apparent lack of desire to achieve great things. He was also branded racist for allegedly calling the manager an English c***, which he denies...He went into self-imposed exile from the Irish international scene and it looked like he would never return until now...he will return next week as things have improved - new manager, etc.
Morrissey likewise with his racism charge was "banished" and went into self-imposed exile from his homeland, until now. He will return next month with his single/album, refreshed in the knowledge that things have also improved - new record deal, new found adoration, etc.

* Roy is much like the sporting equivalent of Morrissey - his favourite song being "I am a Rock...I am an island" by Simon & Garfunkel - he is hailed as a genius by many and a vicious loner/ thug by many others.

* There is an English band called "Keane" who've named themselves using the aura surrounding the name Keane. Likewise there is a player called Morrissey in the lower divisions of the English league, who when he comes on as a sub gets his name chanted just like the Mozfather at gigs.

* Keane has Irish blood and is Manchester (United) through & through.
Similarly Morrissey.

* Morrissey has a song called Roy's Keen
All that's left is for Roy to have a song with a connection to Morrissey, so...

Or how about a song about Roy Keane and Gary Neville ...

Irish c***, English fart.

Re: Or how about a song about Roy Keane and Gary Neville ...

Wow that's really clever - now why didn't I think of that?!!!
Not meaning to racist or partial, but I'd rather be an "Irish c***" than a "English fart" anyday, anyday, anyday.....

That was a sheer delight to read and I agree with every bit of it!

ctid.......
I prefer Morning Ireland on rte Radio One......
It doesn't have Morrissey, but has no songs about stupid reds either......
ctid

> ctid.......
> I prefer Morning Ireland on rte Radio One......
> It doesn't have Morrissey, but has no songs about stupid reds either......
> ctid

i may be thick, but what is ctid? have i missed something

> i may be thick, but what is ctid? have i missed something

I believe it stands for "City Till I Die", a reference to an Association Football team.

> * Keane has Irish blood and is Manchester (United) through & through.
> Similarly Morrissey.

Well, y'know, Roy Keane was born and raised in Ireland of Irish parents so of course he has Irish blood.
But he isn't Man Utd 'through and through'. His personality and attitude is such that he will run through brick walls for whatever team he plays for.
He did the exact same for Nottingham Forest as he does for Man Utd. That's why Man Utd signed him.
His true love in football is Celtic. He sat in the stadium as a fan at the UEFA Cup Final in Seville last season when Celtic lost to Porto.

To summarise, he is Celtic through & through, but while he's playing he gives his absolute maximum for his employers. Whoever they may be.

>> But he isn't Man Utd 'through and through'. His personality and attitude
> is such that he will run through brick walls for whatever team he plays
> for.

Very true - I agree with everything you say - I was just using a slight bit of artistic licence for illustration purposes.
For the record I am not a die-hard or fairweather ManU supporter.
I used to be when I was younger, but when the bandwagon started in the early '90's, I jumped off quick.

So has anyone got a clear recording of IBEH ???!!!!