What is this fascination with Mexico?

D

Di

I was at the first Palladium show last night. (Which was FABULOUS!)Saw a guy with a Mexican flag and thought "What is that for?" (BTW, I'm Mexican-American, but just thought that was a bit odd.) Then noticed all of Morrissey's spanish pharases: "Gracias" and "Vaya con Dios," among others; his chanting of "Es-te-BAN, Es-te-BAN,Es-te-BAN" and then his sending his love to Echo Park and Lincoln Heights, well-known Mexican-American areas of East L.A. I've never noticed this at the three previous concerts of his I've been to (beginning in 1991). This may have already been discussed, but this is the first day I have stumbled on this great site, and some insight would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I thought his chanting at the start of the show of "Moz Angeles" was GREAT!

P.P.S. So, does he live in Los Angeles now?

Di

Never mind...found search option!

I just found the search option and found this had been discussed a few days ago! So, sorry! I should know better, having been online for 8 years (couldn't you tell? lol!)

Di

> I was at the first Palladium show last night. (Which was
> FABULOUS!)Saw a guy with a Mexican flag and thought "What
> is that for?" (BTW, I'm Mexican-American, but just thought
> that was a bit odd.) Then noticed all of Morrissey's spanish
> pharases: "Gracias" and "Vaya con Dios,"
> among others; his chanting of "Es-te-BAN,
> Es-te-BAN,Es-te-BAN" and then his sending his love to Echo
> Park and Lincoln Heights, well-known Mexican-American areas of
> East L.A. I've never noticed this at the three previous concerts
> of his I've been to (beginning in 1991). This may have already
> been discussed, but this is the first day I have stumbled on
> this great site, and some insight would be greatly appreciated!

> P.S. I thought his chanting at the start of the show of
> "Moz Angeles" was GREAT!

> P.P.S. So, does he live in Los Angeles now?

> Di

Well I went to see Moz in Irvines Bren center 2 yrs ago with my now Hisband and we were shocked when Moz finished a song aand said,"I Always Wish I Had Been Born Mexican" Its no lie And he just loves the culture did you see on Wednesday when during the show he was doing the sign of the Cross on his body?? I too am a Latina who unlike you i was not shocked he just wants a taste of culture because his own dont really like him very much.. write back thanks

Andrea..

> Well I went to see Moz in Irvines Bren center 2 yrs ago with my
> now Husband and we were shocked when Moz finished a song and
> said,"I Always Wish I Had Been Born Mexican" Its no
> lie And he just loves the culture did you see on Wednesday when
> during the show he was doing the sign of the Cross on his body??
> I too am a Latina who unlike you i was not shocked he just wants
> a taste of culture because his own country they dont really like him very much.
> write back thanks
> Andrea..

Back
Top Bottom