How safe will Lollapalooza be for Morrissey fans?

N

not Rich and White

This may come across as silly for some of Morrissey's "more butch" fans, but for the majority of us who prefer books to biceps, is there a safety concern in attending the Lollapalooza shows this summer? I mean, I'm pretty worried about getting beat up by the usual drunk meatheads that go wearing my glasses and gladioli. Will Morrissey fans "bond together" and form roving prison-esque Morrissey Gangs to protect the weak from the more violent elements? It's like being the nerd or fat kid and going to the fair - you're bound to get kicked or stabbed. Or am I just being PARANOID?!!

> yes

I don't know, a lot of Morrissey fans I know (myself included) get picked on regularly. I can just imagine trying to reach the front of the stage and getting trampled and my neck broken by a dozen Doc Martins.

the uk is so different i suppose - we dont get that kind of thing happening - i just presumed that 'not rich and white' was freaking out slightly - well i hope everything turns out fine

well, speaking for myself, I got stuck in a crowded lame mosh pit at lollapalooze um, shoot, in 93? and ended up in the hospital in a neck brace with no way to get back to the show - with not enough money to get the cab all the way back, wandering the streets of Irwindale, CA (gangsta neighborhoods, lemme tell ya)... and well, that's my fun lollapalooza story!!
Stay in the safety zones, look for the pale goolie types and go with friends! you'll be ok.

> This may come across as silly for some of Morrissey's "more
> butch" fans, but for the majority of us who prefer books to biceps,
> is there a safety concern in attending the Lollapalooza shows this summer?
> I mean, I'm pretty worried about getting beat up by the usual drunk
> meatheads that go wearing my glasses and gladioli. Will Morrissey fans
> "bond together" and form roving prison-esque Morrissey Gangs to
> protect the weak from the more violent elements? It's like being the nerd
> or fat kid and going to the fair - you're bound to get kicked or stabbed.
> Or am I just being PARANOID?!!

Back
Top Bottom