re: my earlier "self made failure" message

S

Stuzer

To elaborate on what i said earlier, I'm disappointed that Moz isn't capitalising on the fact that nobody is really grabbing the charts by the horns at the moment. Bands like Gomez and Idlewild are the current media darlings, but the simple fact is that most music journalists would acknowledge that these are merely filler until something that is actually good comes along. Something obviously has to go on the front cover every week/month, and there's nothing else happening right now.
We all know Moz is clearly capable of producing material that is better than good, but it's open to question whether he is willing to bother.
Things are so stagnant at the moment, that at the moment, something as commercial as Alma Matters would walk into the top 10.
If the rumours of a new album being recorded at the end of this year are true, then it could well be too late. The current heavyweights will be back with a vengeance by then, and the situation of his singles barely scraping the top 40 will just keep on happening.

I completely agree with you. Right now! would be a perfect time for a new album.

However, I am afraid that it is too late now for the moz. Here come suede, blur, gene, catatonia, cast, electronic, neworder, the other two(perhaps other bands a group member of neworder decide to form hehehe), etc., etc.

Back
Top Bottom