Sun Kil Moon

S

Spencer

Is anyone here a Red House Painters fan?

Sun Kil Moon, the latest Mark Kozelek band of chief Red House Painter, have recently released an album, and it is superb!

It makes Moz sound like a Prozac junkie!

If you don't know them, take a listen to them, I'm sure that you will appreciate the music and lyrics!

Red House Painters are one of the finest post-Smiths bands ever to grace the planet. mark kozelek's solo work and his new stuff with sun kil moon are all uniformly beautiful, wondrous, miserablist masterpieces. everyone should check out at least the painters best of issued thru 4ad...what i wouldnt give to see them at meltdown! nice to come across a fellow fan!

> Is anyone here a Red House Painters fan?

> Sun Kil Moon, the latest Mark Kozelek band of chief Red House Painter,
> have recently released an album, and it is superb!

> It makes Moz sound like a Prozac junkie!

> If you don't know them, take a listen to them, I'm sure that you will
> appreciate the music and lyrics!

I find it sad that you were the only person to respond...I'm sure there are thousands of Smiths fans that would love Mark Kozelek's artistry!

I rate him as highly as Morrissey, somedays, even more so, as he taps into my moods as no one else can...

> Red House Painters are one of the finest post-Smiths bands ever to grace
> the planet. mark kozelek's solo work and his new stuff with sun kil moon
> are all uniformly beautiful, wondrous, miserablist masterpieces. everyone
> should check out at least the painters best of issued thru 4ad...what i
> wouldnt give to see them at meltdown! nice to come across a fellow fan!

I find it odd that you give a shit whether people like the same music as you.

> I find it sad that you were the only person to respond...I'm sure there
> are thousands of Smiths fans that would love Mark Kozelek's artistry!

> I rate him as highly as Morrissey, somedays, even more so, as he taps into
> my moods as no one else can...

Im a big red house painters fan also and his new project is just as good. The song carry me ohio is constantly on play at the moment it really is faultles.
I got to see the painters when they played in london a few years back and mark's voice at times can be just jaw dropping.
I hope sun kil moon do a few shows in the uk soon would love to see them live again.

Stuart

i believe mark is due to bring the band to europe for some live dates this summer.

and yes, 'ghosts of the great highway' is sublime not least for the stunning 'duk koo kim'.

i have to say that i live in hope for another red house painters album which is apparently going to happen - it's just a question of when.

I don't care if people don't like the same music as me, what I do care about is that there are artists out there producing music but aren't getting the recognition that they deserve. As I read in the NME last week, there was a quote saying "you have to go through a thousand Rick Astley's to find a Morrissey." All I was doing was giving you a hand in finding a Morrissey.

I don't expect you to understand...

> I find it odd that you give a shit whether people like the same music as
> you.

I just came across your post today and wanted to "check in" as another RHP/Mark Kozelek fan.

I saw a solo show of his about 3 years ago in NYC and it was beautiful. The Sun Kil Moon stuff is OK, but it's his previous work in RHP that sends chills down my spine, it's so gorgeous.

It's good to know that there are other people out there that appreciate Mr Kozelek!

Give Sun Kil Moon another few listens, it's great, I rate Duk Koo Kim as highly as Medicine Bottle, Strawberry Hill, Michael, etc.

I'm pleased to say that I have a bought a ticket to see them on the 9th June, a couple of weeks after thegreat Moz gig in Manchester!! Yipppeeee!

Oh, and as Moz is playing at both Glastonbury and Reading festivals, I will see him 3 times this summer!! Great stuff, since I've only seen him perform 4 times before.

Can't wait, summer's going to be fantastic!

They're playing at The Scala, in London. I've never been to The Scala, I hear that it's quite small and intimate. SHould be a perfect venue!

Nice venue. It has just the right seediness to class ratio

> They're playing at The Scala, in London. I've never been to The Scala, I
> hear that it's quite small and intimate. SHould be a perfect venue!

Back
Top Bottom