Get off the stage.. oh get off the stage!

U

Unruly Girl

I was just wondering.. For all of you who have gotten on stage and managed to hug Mr Morrissey .. What do the Secuirity do with you ??

DO they kick you out of the show?? Or let you back where you were? I know this is a silly question but ive always wondered what happens to these people! And Im seeing him this dec. and may get the urge to try it out ;-)

norwich_show1.jpg

> I was just wondering.. For all of you who have gotten on stage
> and managed to hug Mr Morrissey .. What do the Secuirity do with
> you ??

> DO they kick you out of the show?? Or let you back where you
> were? I know this is a silly question but ive always wondered
> what happens to these people! And Im seeing him this dec. and
> may get the urge to try it out ;-)

Well, most of the time they let you back into the audience. In London one girl got on stage twice! Morrissey asks the security to be gentle with the audience and acts slightly irritated if the security begins to get rough. In London, someone asked a guard what would happen to stage jumpers and she said, "we'll take them out the side gate here and let them back into the audience. But if he [meaning Moz] wants someone to come on stage, we will let them up". So people tried to get up, if Moz grabbed their hand and looked at the security in a certain way, they wouldn't try to take the person down.
In Arizona the same thing: the head of security told those of us waiting outside that stage jumpers would be "immediately thrown out", but then once I was inside at the rail, he told the security to "be nice" and to just take them down and let them back into the audience.
Morrissey wants people to get on stage but it can easily get out of hand.
By the way, did anyone notice during the Tuesday show at the Forum how Morrissey almost strangled the security guard with the microphone cord? He was whipping the cord around true to form when the cord got wrapped around one guard's neck. Morrissey smiled and mouthed "sorry". It was quite funny.

> I was just wondering.. For all of you who have gotten on stage
> and managed to hug Mr Morrissey .. What do the Secuirity do with
> you ??

> DO they kick you out of the show?? Or let you back where you
> were? I know this is a silly question but ive always wondered
> what happens to these people! And Im seeing him this dec. and
> may get the urge to try it out ;-)

I tired several times to get on the stage at the recent concerts in Germany and Italy.
Generally, the security will try to keep you from getting on. But when they drag you off, they'll just take you to the side of the stage. Some gaurds can be more rough than others.
Sometimes if they see that Morrissey is trying to help teh person to get on the stage, they will let them up, but not always.
When I got on the stage I just jumped right by the security gaurd that wasn't paying attention.
Morrissey's personal gaurd ("Stone Cold") is pretty nice, he isn't rough with people unless they really fight. When he pulled me off of Morrissey he just lead me off the stage and back into the crowd.
Morrissey likes when people get on stage and often teases fans by motioning for them to come up to him. He did this to me at one show.
My advise for trying to get on stage is to do it towards the end of the set beccause even if you are not kicked out, which you most likely won't be, you do lose your spot in the front.

check out the latest tour info

Well, I haven't been on stage yet (there's always Aylesbury...) but I know from other people that if you get on stage towards the end of the show, they can send you out of the venue. In any case, the best piece of advice is: try to get out when Morrissey is watching or it can be very disappointing... I'm going to try in Aylesbury - so help me Moz!

SO MUCH FOR LONDON!
forum152_small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom