That's Entertainment

• Thread starter Jimmy Jimmy (The Jump Boy)
  • Start date
J

Jimmy Jimmy (The Jump Boy)

Has anyone read how Paul Weller felt about Morrissey covering this track? I think it's brilliant, one of my idols covering another one of my idols. (although I give more credit to Morrissey for not turning into a Eric Clapton sound alike)

I don't know why Morrissey sings so bad his covers

> Has anyone read how Paul Weller felt about Morrissey covering
> this track? I think it's brilliant, one of my idols covering
> another one of my idols. (although I give more credit to
> Morrissey for not turning into a Eric Clapton sound alike)

Unfortunately I can't answer your question.

Anyway, I think "That's entertainment" is the worst song sung by Morrissey ever. When I knew the original... what a surprise! It's a wonderful song.

I don't know why Morrissey sings so bad his covers. If it was the contrary, we could think: "he is not a good composer because his covers are better than his songs..."

natalie5.jpg

huh?

Anyway, I think "That's entertainment" is the worst
song sung by Morrissey ever.

Are you high? Have you ever witnessed Morrissey perform "That's Entertaimnent" live -- in person?

the orange voice

Re: huh?

> Anyway, I think "That's entertainment" is the worst
> song sung by Morrissey ever.

> Are you high? Have you ever witnessed Morrissey perform
> "That's Entertaimnent" live -- in person?

No - he never came to Brazil.

But I've seen this song in the Live in Dallas video, besides the studio version. I just think it's horrible.

natalie5.jpg

Re: I don't know why Morrissey sings so bad his covers

I SENSE A LOT OF BITTERNESS IN YOUR POSTS LATELY. CARE TO TELL WHY THIS CHANGE IN ATTITUDE HAS TAKEN PLACE?

He does his covers quite well i think!

Personally.. I think his version of "Thats entertainment is great. He covered "Moon river" beautifully and I also love "Trash" except he left out the ... trash..pick it up.. part. Hmm.. "Cosmic Dancer" was alright but the version I have (m-e-b years) has the audience screaming way too loud.. Is there any other versions?

Re: I don't know why Morrissey sings so bad his covers

Oh, thank you for your attention!

I don't know why I am bitter lately.

Perhaps this is because my team (Coritiba) was defeated humiliantly this week by its bigger enemy (Atlético Paranaense).

Perhaps this is because I have two jobs now and I am too tired.

Perhaps I'm just having the courage to say things I thought before but I had no courage to say...

But this beautiful photo below make things more sweet, don't you agree?

> I SENSE A LOT OF BITTERNESS IN YOUR POSTS LATELY. CARE TO TELL
> WHY THIS CHANGE IN ATTITUDE HAS TAKEN PLACE?

natalie5.jpg

> Has anyone read how Paul Weller felt about Morrissey covering
> this track? I think it's brilliant, one of my idols covering
> another one of my idols. (although I give more credit to
> Morrissey for not turning into a Eric Clapton sound alike)
I'm glad this post didn't get me the answer I was looking for but rather an argument about how Morrissey does his cover songs. Thanks fabricio!
P.S- He does them brilliantly!

Weller vs Morrissey

To answer your original query: Weller once reported in a French magazine how much he loathed Moz cover of 'That's Entertaiment'. And to tell the truth, I understand that Weller actually hates Morrissey.
Voilà...

Re: Weller vs Morrissey

> To answer your original query: Weller once reported in a French
> magazine how much he loathed Moz cover of 'That's Entertaiment'.
> And to tell the truth, I understand that Weller actually hates
> Morrissey.
> Voilà...
Thanks for the answer Voila. I actually read he did admire the Smiths (he thought they had a certain energy that the Jam had) but thought Morrissey's work was too melancholy for him. It doesn't surprise me to hear he didn't like the cover though, it still doesn't change my opinion on it though.

Back
Top Bottom