I think we've been looking at the whole Finsbury park at the wrong perspective

J

jane austen

Tell me something, do you know what crime that the vast majority of women sit in prison for?

Basically, carrying out the dirty work of their lover.

What does this have to do with anything? Well let me tell you.

Love does not make you a very intelligent person.

I believe Morrissey was dating one skinhead/boxer by the name of Jake. Morrissey, so enamoured, let his brain shut down. He became happy stupid little Morrissey. Happy stupid little Morrissey wanted the world to know what a great guy Jake was. Happy little Morrissey wanted to show his affection for Jake without mentioning Jake by name.

"wow. wouldn't it be a great idea if I danced around with a union jack in front of a picture of two skinhead girls? Jake would absolutely love it. Jake is a great guy, and the skinheads aren't bad because Jake is a skinhead, and Jake is a great guy."

And so he brought out a union jack. Poor stupid happy Morrissey forgot that the rest of the world wasn't dating Jake and weren't amused. They assumed he was once again showing his racist colors and began throwing things at him. Poor stupid happy Morrissey, not understanding why the world doesn't love as he loves, left the stage dejected. He never wanted to be racist. He wanted to show his affection for his first true love.

While the theory was an interesting one, I find myself still under the impression that it was a bad choice of Patriotism... Some times the things we do can be done with the purest of intentions in our eyes, but can be seen in a much different light in another's...

Back
Top Bottom