Morrissey fans what the hell do you like and what do you expect from the Moz ???????

D

draino

most of you hate southpaw grammer, the motivators...you ALL seem to like the smiths, viva hate and other stuff like that..why?

pic146868.jpg

> most of you hate southpaw grammer, the motivators...you ALL seem to like
> the smiths, viva hate and other stuff like that..why?

So many questions,so few answers.Here are mine.

The Smiths were the best band in the world.They have never been matched or surpassed.Slowly,the world is now accepting this.

"Southpaw" was an experimental album which I personally loved. Morrissey should have been applauded for making such a bold piece of work.Instead he was met with indifference and people shouting for "Vauxhall and I" Part 2.

The 3rd track on The Motivators CD is amazing.I have said so umpteen times on here.

"Viva Hate" is not Morrissey's best album and features the weakest production of any of his work.
It does however feature "Late Night Maudlin Street".One of his best ever tracks.

You kick ass, Johnny. Of course I was kidding about his bum. Or maybe not.

> The Smiths were the best band in the world.They have never been matched or
> surpassed.Slowly,the world is now accepting this.

The first 2 Microdisney albums 'Everybody is fantastic' & 'The clock comes down the stairs' are equally as good as any of The Smiths albums

> The first 2 Microdisney albums 'Everybody is fantastic' & 'The clock
> comes down the stairs' are equally as good as any of The Smiths albums
YOU WOULD SAY THAT YOU IRISH KNOBHEAD

> You kick ass, Johnny. Of course I was kidding about his bum. Or maybe not.

The only ass I've kicked recently was Bluenose and she thanked me for that

> The first 2 Microdisney albums 'Everybody is fantastic' & 'The clock
> comes down the stairs' are equally as good as any of The Smiths albums

I can't personally think of another band who matched the quality of the 4 Smiths studio albums.They were virtually flawless in every respect.To me anyway

> most of you hate southpaw grammer, the motivators...you ALL seem to like
> the smiths, viva hate and other stuff like that..why?

Everything by the Smiths was unsurpassable. Maybe it was a moment in time.
The Queen is Dead is often lauded as the best (appearing in 'Top' lists) but I always have a softspot for 'Strangeways' and 'The Smiths' debut. the 'World Won't listen' is kind of a favourite too coz its got a great mix of tracks on.

As for Morrissey? yeah, highwater with 'Vauxhall and I' undisputably. 'Your Arsenal' is great too.. after vauxhall, I thought the direction was lost, experimental or not, and the standard of teh songs wasn't as consistent (And to my ears anyway, less memorable). Moments of Maladjusted are well worthy though and of course Viva hate should not be forgotten as that difficult first solo work..

I think of it this way, if I know the words (even subconsciously when you hear a tune), then they're sometimes the best meaningful songs.. For example, I bet we all know 'speedway' but would struggle with 'Best Friend on the payroll'

Ruffian

ps, the juries out on the Motivators..

good post I second that. Although I prefer Viva Hate to Your Arsenal, but I guess that is because I am from Europe and not from the US. so there!

> I can't personally think of another band who matched the quality of the 4
> Smiths studio albums.They were virtually flawless in every respect.To me
> anyway

Haha although Microdisney are one of my favourite bands along with The Smiths, I only made that comment to get a knee jerk reaction from someone, and what do you know right on cue some twat is straight in there.

There was blood where he once had eyes.

That might be because...

..."Speedway" is the best song he's ever written. Yes, I mean that.

Back
Top Bottom