Bowie's "Black Tie White Noise" w/ "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday" and DVD

L

LoafingOaf

This has probably been mentioned before, but it's new to ME.

Yesterday I bought the reissue of the "Black Tie White Noise" album containing Bowie's cover of "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday." The new edition comes with two CDs and a DVD.

On the DVD he talks a bit about the Morrissey cover, before showing a video of him singing it in high style amidst Christmas lights, at one point flicking a Bic and holding it high during a guitar solo. heh

Bowie's remarks are kind of interesting:

"I always thought of the English singer-songwriter, Morrissey, as a sort of a sexual - British playwright - because of his attention to detail. He'll take a small subject matter and make a very grandoise statement of it. His last album, 'Your Arsenal,' was produced, ironically, by Mick Ronson. And Mick sent me a copy of the tape and I couldn't but notice that one of the songs on the album - 'I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday' - was a kind of a parody of one of my earlier songs, 'Rock 'n' Roll Suicide.' And so I sort of thought it would be fun to take that song and do it the way I would've done it 1974ish."

oops...a sexual alan benett, that should've read

Oops, I ommitted the name Alan Benett by accident as I transcribed the Bowier comments.

> Bowie's remarks are kind of interesting:

> "I always thought of the English singer-songwriter, Morrissey, as a
> sort of a sexual Alan Benett - the British playwright - because of his >attention to
> detail. He'll take a small subject matter and make a very grandoise
> statement of it. His last album, 'Your Arsenal,' was produced, ironically,
> by Mick Ronson. And Mick sent me a copy of the tape and I couldn't but
> notice that one of the songs on the album - 'I Know It's Gonna Happen
> Someday' - was a kind of a parody of one of my earlier songs, 'Rock 'n'
> Roll Suicide.' And so I sort of thought it would be fun to take that song
> and do it the way I would've done it 1974ish."

Re: Black Tan White Nose

is the real Alan Benett sexual anyway?

> Oops, I ommitted the name Alan Benett by accident as I transcribed the
> Bowier comments.

Re: oops...a sexual alan benett, that should've read

> Oops, I ommitted the name Alan Benett by accident as I transcribed the
> Bowier comments.
WHO CARES? ITS ALL A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS ANYWAY!!

Re: Black Tan White Nose

> is the real Alan Benett sexual anyway?

I'm unfamiliar with his work, except for The Madness of King George.

Bio: http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/B/htmlB/bennettalan/bennettalan.htm

However, judging by his pic (below), I'd say NO. Whereas Morrissey is *all about* sexuality and it drips from every inch of him.

bennettalan.jpg

Morrissey is all about sex and should be rated NC-17

Morrissey drips with sexuality. I never understand people who make comments such as "Morrissey is asexual." Look at the pic below. He's got his mic positioned as a cock, his tongue out, his shirt open. Far more sexual than that Janet Jackson stunt at the Super Bowl. I'm surprised "Your Arsenal" isn't banned from Wal-Mart. I mean look at this shit. What is he licking his fingers for? Is he gonna wet the head of his cock? Hey, don't accuse me of being filthy. I'm just reacting to this filthy, indecent pic. I think this cover sleeve is saying is he intends to ass f*** the world with his microphone! We could go through many of his cover sleeves and find such raunch. (I'll spare you showing what he does with the picture on the front of the "Boxers" single when he puts a close-up of the boxer's crotch region on the inside of the single with someone else's hand about to do God knows what!)

arse.jpg

Re: Morrissey is all about sex and should be rated NC-17

> Morrissey drips with sexuality. I never understand people who make
> comments such as "Morrissey is asexual." Look at the pic below.
> He's got his mic positioned as a cock, his tongue out, his shirt open. Far
> more sexual than that Janet Jackson stunt at the Super Bowl. I'm surprised
> "Your Arsenal" isn't banned from Wal-Mart. I mean look at this
> shit. What is he licking his fingers for? Is he gonna wet the head of his
> cock? Hey, don't accuse me of being filthy. I'm just reacting to this
> filthy, indecent pic. I think this cover sleeve is saying is he intends to
> ass f*** the world with his microphone!

Yes, indeed. And lets not forget that the album title accompanying this pic is "Your ARSE-nal."

Re: I guess dirty minds think alike

He's almost in the same position as Rodin's "Thinker" sculpture, only Morrissey seems to do his thinking with his "mic"

CMA_.1917.42.jpg

Where to stay in Manchester for the gig on 22.05.04

Unfortunately the Morrissey gig has sold out for 22nd May but if you need to find a hotel in Manchester with availability then there's www.hotelsofmanchester.com who have a page of all available hotels for that night so you don't have to look around.

Hotels for the Morrissey gig

Loafing Oaf, your knowledge of Morrissey is like that of a small child's. The other day you were telling us about a free Wolverhampton gig in 1988 as if we did not know about it. Grow the f*** up and learn this remedial stuff on your own time, not ours.

> Loafing Oaf, your knowledge of Morrissey is like that of a small child's.
> The other day you were telling us about a free Wolverhampton gig in 1988
> as if we did not know about it. Grow the f*** up and learn this remedial
> stuff on your own time, not ours.

I didn't post that as if someone didn't know about it. I was simply comparing and contrasting the Morrissey of then to the way things are now.

For example, I don't think Morrissey would have lawyers go after his fans threatening lawsuits back then.

Re: I guess dirty minds think alike

> He's almost in the same position as Rodin's "Thinker" sculpture,
> only Morrissey seems to do his thinking with his "mic"

Heh. You know I live a minute's walk from the Cleveland Museum of Art and Rodin's bomb-damaged statue. = )

Back
Top Bottom