I live 5 Miles from Arena...still no tickets

B

Brel

This is a nightmare, I got onto the ticketmaster page the second they went on sale, no standing and f***ing crap seats. Lines engaged constantly, now nothing on sale on-line anywhere. My wifes gone to the box office to see if we have any luck (i know, i should have done this anyway?).

It's making me go grey!

I've given up ringing, dialling, waiting, ringing, dialling, waiting, ringing, dialling till death us do part. Have packed me mum off on the tram to see if she can buy a standing brief. Ticketmaster website only offering top tier, then says nowt available, then top tier, then nowt.

Just hope someone can up with a spare (or me mum threatens the staff, gets a ticket and makes her son's day, in a way only a mum can)

I too, live not a couple of miles from the MEN but laboured under the dillusion that the phone would be the best option. What a tit I've been.

Same story here. Im sat here with my mobile, biting my nails, waiting for my wife to call me with the good news (fingers crossed). I've only ever missed the odd UK gig, through illness (Battersea and a couple in Scotland).

Panic on the streets of Whitefield.

Re: I live 5 Miles from Arena...still no tickets PS

Its a good job the trams are working today. Same method of transport here!

Mum just rang with a question that only a mother could ask: "If I can't get you a ticket for Morrissey, is there anyone else you'd like to see?"

Like asking if any other bike than a Chopper would do. She's still the bees f***ing knees though.

Brel - As an ex-Whitefield resident would you get me a standing ticket if your good wife manages to get one for yourself, or do you have all your tickets allocated? I'd buy you a pint in the Bull's Head (there don't appear to be any other pubs left in Whitefield). Or a pair of lemon socks from Westons.

Ta
Dave

Ticketmaster has a fault, it sells (sometimes) standing, but asks you to select secure post. Then they are removed. Aaargh

Just hope your mun doesn't get Sting tickets... "well, he has one name?". My Mum would!

Brel - Obviously if my mum gets her hands on standing tickets I'll offer one to yourself. I've asked her to get four.

Ta

Dave

Stay tuned, I've asked her to get 3!

She is very close to the front of the queue.

I don't drink in the Bulls Head (much)!

Ta, its a no risk strategy. If we end up with extra tickets (standing), they will be like gold.

A pint of Holts in the Church Inn should be suitable recompense I reckon. Or a lifetime's membership to the Brand Centre (were it to reopen)

Can't get hold of my mum now - she's probably stopped off for a mooch in M&S.

Tickets in Box Office, and Tout Scum

For information, my mum and sister have just called and have just left the arena with three standing tickets, so I think you're going to be alright.

In other shameful (but in no way unsurprising) news, approximately the first fifteen places in the queue were apparently filled with kids clutching fifty pound notes, who, upon buying the ticket, went and gave it straight to some bloke waiting nearby, i.e. tout scum. The Arena staff did nothing.

Re: DAVE, my wife has the tickets (3) standing

Brel

My mum is still out there (somewhere).

Can I buy one of the standing tickets from you? You'd make a fellow mancunion very happy indeed.

Drop me an e-mail with your tel number if that's okay.

In the meantime I'm back on the blower trying to locate me mum!!
(Ominously my dad mentioned that she thinks they also had tickets avalaible at some internet cafe in St. Anne's Square!!!)

No problem,

Yes the Easyeverything place on St Annes Square was selling them.

I can't believe that I trusted on-line/tele-sales methods.

Rest assured, I have a spare standing ticket.

I'll e-mail you now.

Magic!! I look forward to your e-mail. I'm never going to bother ringing/webbing for tickets EVER again. I'll be at the bleeding venue with me sleeping bag.

PS - Still no word from me mum!! Bet she's on Deansgate stood outside the Manchester Evening News offices wondering where the ticket office is.

Obviously if she gets her hands on standing tickets I'll put them up for sale at face value.

I've posted you my mobile and e-mail address. I'm going to have a bath right now, I've been sweating away all morning!!

So e-mail me back, or ring a bit later.

I have them in my hands.
Result

Brel

Got your mail - have sent reply.
I am so so chuffed. Just hope I hear from me mum sometime today. I'm buggered if i know where she is / what she's buying.

Speak to you later.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom