Will the concert sell out?

B

Belligerent Ghoul

Some Americans have suggested it will not because the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, near Los Angeles, and purportedly his biggest fan base did not sell out when he played there.

I believe it will sell out quickly and that this is pure tosh, the musings of those whose Moz IQ is the same as your shoe size.

What do you say? I really want to hear from the Brits.

I don't understand the logic. Los Angeles is not Manchester. It will sell out very slowly (in my humble opinion). Manchester no longer is his biggest fan base, but it does have a strong "gigging" culture and lesser mortals than Morrissey can sell it out on a very regular basis.

The venue boasts that it is the busiest in the world, and has the figures to prove it, so they say?

I think that the fact that it is a UK event will sell it out, like the Albert Hall gigs (and they were midweek), but slower.

> Some Americans have suggested it will not because the Arrowhead Pond of
> Anaheim, near Los Angeles, and purportedly his biggest fan base did not
> sell out when he played there.

> I believe it will sell out quickly and that this is pure tosh, the musings
> of those whose Moz IQ is the same as your shoe size.

> What do you say? I really want to hear from the Brits.

I can't remember the capacity of the RAH but someone here will. Was it 4,500?

Both nights sold out in double quick time so I would think this will sell out for sure.

He may have a fan base in LA but many of the British fans have been with him since The Smiths and would walk over burning coals to be there.

A few years back the 4 consecutive nights at London Forum also sold out.

Personally I am glad that Manchester is the venue as it is easier for those based in Scotland to get to

Yeah, keep acting like you're the be-all, end-all source for all things Moz.

Where were you during the lean years again? Oh that's right... I'm glad you have a ton of free time to spend reading all the interviews and articles at the Arcane Old Wardrobe, but I still think (and I'm fairly sure Morrissey might agree with me) that becoming the world'ss foremost expert in Morrissey studies is a rather sad goal for a 30 year man to have. But, as Mr. Improper might say, you do it with pride!

And I didn't say it wouldn't sell out. I said I didn't think it would. It was not a statement of fact. Learn to read.

Additionally, Morrissey holds the record for having sold out the Hollywood Bowl faster than anyone, so I know he has it in him to sell out big venues and fast but that was a while ago. I tend to think if it does sell out, the scenario Brel and Johnny offer is probably what will happen -- a slow and steady sell-out.

Other big attractions at the Arena!

It will sell out no problem, I'm sure, and probably quickly. Having said that, I had absolutely no probs getting a ticket for Blackburn 2002, there didn't seem to be a rush, but anybody who went will testify to how difficult the place was to get to and from. The Albert Hall gigs, on the other hand, sold out rapid, didn't they? The difference with the arena Manchester is that I think the usual disciples will attend from the far flung corners of the earth and also the casual admirers who are townies and wouldn't travel usually to a gig will buy them up. My biggest fear is if Bear In The Big Blue House Sells out at the arena before Morrissey does I think it will be the end for us all. That said, I do think Bear can dance as good as Morrissey and Bear's songs always carry a strong moral message, not about de-stabilising the monarchy or slaughtering animals, admittedly, but it's a start for a potentially worldy-aware toddler. You must be aware, so says the bear!!

> I can't remember the capacity of the RAH but someone here will. Was it
> 4,500?

> Both nights sold out in double quick time so I would think this will sell
> out for sure.

> He may have a fan base in LA but many of the British fans have been with
> him since The Smiths and would walk over burning coals to be there.

> A few years back the 4 consecutive nights at London Forum also sold out.

> Personally I am glad that Manchester is the venue as it is easier for
> those based in Scotland to get to

Re: I'd just like to say that (assuming this gig is for real and lest anyone think me bitter)...

Posted By: Chill
Date: Sunday, 22 February 2004, at 11:50 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I'd just like to say that (assuming this gig is for real and lest anyone think me bitter)... (Boy in the Bush)

In my reply to Whalley Range, I explained why I had assumed it was a smaller venue. Obviously I was mistaken.

I also doubt the gig would sell out, even if Americans and everybody else flies in. To my knowledge, Arrowhead Pond didn't even sell out when he played with Jaguares.

I don't know, but I think you are the bigest tool to ever grace the pages of Morrissey-solo.

Really? I think Chill is. But she should take that as a compliment, she does it with pride!

And your point? I said I doubt. Hardly a statement of fact.

I have three words for you that can help you get over this learning disability you have:

SYLVAN LEARNING CENTER.

Give 'em a call.

> Where were you during the lean years again?

Oh yeah stuffing your face with pork chops & pepperoni before you went veggie!

Back
Top Bottom