Since people can make veiled references to me, I can make a veiled (yet civil) reply.

C

Chill

I admitted that I had been mistaken about the size of the venue. For some reason, I believed it to be a small one. Now that I know it is in fact very large, I don't believe it will sell out and I feel I am justified in thinking so if the Arrowhead Pond at Anaheim was any indication, this in the very heart of Morrissey's biggest fanbase. (I don't know the actual figures for that show, but I know it was about less than 1/2 full when Morrissey was on although the place got more packed when Jaguares came on. Part of this may have been because Morrissey was technically an opening act, but he played a full set. Ticket prices were also rather high.) It may sell out and I'll be happy for Morrissey if it does (if this thing is real and absolutely nothing has been confirmed).

Also, it's very rude to make assumptions about people's financial situations and to pass judgment. Not everyone has that kind of money to spend on one night, nor should they feel obligated to do so. Not even for Morrissey. It's very likely he'll tour later this year anyway. This goes for the Pimp as well, even though he and I've been getting along lately. Who are any of you to tell people how to spend their money and to assume that because they can't afford a trip to Manchester for an hour and a half long Morrissey performance that it must mean they spend all their money on "frivolous" things?

Frivolous things like rent and car insurance and food and clothes and the occasional record album, you mean? The nerve.

You threw down $250 for CD's in one swoop, posted that here, and you claim that you are a poor student who attends USC.

The Nerve.

> You threw down $250 for CD's in one swoop, posted that here, and you claim
> that you are a poor student who attends USC.

Crushing Bore did that. Not me.

> The Nerve.

I expect an apology.

I'm very sure I read it from you, Mindy. Perhaps, I am wrong.

I'll search the archives now.

You'll get your apology when you thank me for showing you a way to go to Manchester on the cheap, so to speak, as I had thought you, of all people, would have wanted to be at that show.

An apology may be in order, but so is a modicum of gratitude.

> I'm very sure I read it from you, Mindy. Perhaps, I am wrong.

I assure you that you are wrong. I spoke of having acquired quite a few cds over the last few years. However, most of them were used bought for cheap at the Wherehouse or on Ebay and a number of them were gifts. As for my attending the university that I do, I believe we have been through this. I am a scholarship student. I am paying for are my own living expenses, books, etc. with the help of student loans. I would have to do this regardless of where I attended school. Yes, Penelope, even if I'd gone to UC Irvine. The FAFSA would still say that my dad and I could afford such and such amount of money toward my total cost of attendance (that is, tuition and fees, room and board, books and other sundries) and any institution I went to would make me pay that amount. That's how financial aid works. So I'd appreciate it if you'd be so kind as to not go mouthing off about my schooling.

> I'll search the archives now.

> You'll get your apology when you thank me for showing you a way to go to
> Manchester on the cheap, so to speak, as I had thought you, of all people,
> would have wanted to be at that show.

> An apology may be in order, but so is a modicum of gratitude.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you posted that for my benefit. Like I'd go to a show I knew you'd be at. How stupid do I look? To steal a line from Moz, I don't owe you anything.

I posted that directly for your benefit, since you posted that you envied the Brits. I felt bad that you thought you could not go. While I may dislike you, I think for this concert, the Americans should help each other out, because it is a challenge to get tickets (for those without connections) and go to Manchester.

I searched. Crushing Bore wrote the post. He purchased the CD's for $250.

Goodnight.

Jeeze guys ... I'm sure you're both lovely people, and Mindy, we've emailed each other in the past and I see where you're coming from, but can you guys just give it a rest?

You're both feeding off each other ... anyone who's been here long enough will remember the old Suzanne/Laura feud. And we all know how boring that got ...

Just ignore each other, or leave the bickering to personal emails. People are getting REAL sick of this ...

> Looks like she started this thread, S.T.H.

Looks like BG broke his promise first when he responded to one of my threads and included a veiled reference to me.

> You'll get your apology when you thank me for showing you a way to go to
> Manchester on the cheap, so to speak, as I had thought you, of all people,
> would have wanted to be at that show.

oh my god. like you are the first person who has ever figured out how to use priceline or check into a youth hostel.

> oh my god. like you are the first person who has ever figured out how to
> use priceline or check into a youth hostel.

Hahaha, I love you Suzanne. (Dearly not queerly, as they say.)

I seriously think that I'm smart enough to find a way to Manchester if I had a mind to go.

But you would need 2 seats on the plane which would double your air fare making it difficult for you to go. Better stay in LA.

So a "veiled" reference gives you the right to have a temper tantrum and pollute this board with complete shite?

> But you would need 2 seats on the plane which would double your air fare
> making it difficult for you to go. Better stay in LA.

Once again using your astounding rhetorical skills to get the better of me, I see. Fat jokes. Come on, you can do better than that.

> So a "veiled" reference gives you the right to have a temper
> tantrum and pollute this board with complete shite?

And you're just giving me more opportunities to pollute this board with complete shite by replying to you. Notice the initial post was not at all vicious. It was a defense not only of myself but of the other "pence and penny pinching twats" (my evidence? I don't need car insurance).

Perhaps if people kept up their ends of bargains and left me alone as they promised to do this wouldn't have been necessary. By responding, I was only keeping my promise. I also find it funny that you don't knock BG for contributing to the pollution. Is that you again?

The other "twats" could have spoken for themselves. BG's post was helpful and you are a God Damn Bitch, whose posts are not read, save when you have debates with BG.

Leave us alone.

p.s. I don't follow with the car insurance stuff.

Point is you can't go. You are too fat.

The rest of your excuses that you could not go were a cover up to try and hid this gruesome fact.

> The other "twats" could have spoken for themselves. BG's post
> was helpful and you are a God Damn Bitch, whose posts are not read, save
> when you have debates with BG.

His post was helpful if you're a retard who doesn't know how to go to discount airfare sites or find your own cheap hotel. Which maybe you are.

> Leave us alone.

> p.s. I don't follow with the car insurance stuff.

I meant that I was not writing only for my own benefit. I was defending the other "twats" who can't afford to go because they spend their money on such frivolous things as rent and car insurance. If I'd only been talking about myself, I would have left the latter off. Assez simple?

Back
Top Bottom