question about jack the ripper...

E

Eric

how was this song released? what was the single, b side etc? i'm sorry this is rather elementry, but please, humor me. i am from the states, you know.

my tummy hurts

> how was this song released? what was the single, b side etc? i'm¿ sorry this is rather elementry, but please, humor me. i am from¿ the states, you know.

B-side to "Certain People I Know" in the UK.

> how was this song released? what was the single, b side etc? i'm¿ sorry this is rather elementry, but please, humor me. i am from¿ the states, you know.

The studio version was a B-Side on "Certain People I Know" The live verison recorded in Paris appeared on the "Beethoven Was Deaf" and "World of Morrissey" CDs.

I don't care much for the studio.

> The studio version was a B-Side on "Certain People I¿ Know" The live verison recorded in Paris appeared on the¿ "Beethoven Was Deaf" and "World of¿ Morrissey" CDs.¿ I don't care much for the studio.

You don't care for it huh? I LOVE the studio version!! I prefer it to the live version actually :)

> You don't care for it huh? I LOVE the studio version!! I prefer¿ it to the live version actually :)
it was also released as a DJ promo on cd and 7 inch with a lovely picture of moz and gary day in the background

> it was also released as a DJ promo on cd and 7 inch with a¿ lovely picture of moz and gary day in the background

Yep the live version was issued as a promo. Moz looks lovely on it but Gary Day looks like Igor in that picture! haha

> You don't care for it huh? I LOVE the studio version!! I prefer¿ it to the live version actually :)

if the live version had the last verse in it, then the live would be far superior. However, i still think the live version is a little better due to the incredible guitar playing.

If You Have Five Seconds To Spare

> if the live version had the last verse in it, then the live¿ would be far superior. However, i still think the live version¿ is a little better due to the incredible guitar playing.

That's true the guitar playing is amazing in the live version. I too hate how he leaves out that last verse in the live version. I still would prefer the studio version though. It has a quality to it - can't quite explain it but I love it!

i can have both

> That's true the guitar playing is amazing in the live version. I¿ too hate how he leaves out that last verse in the live version.¿ I still would prefer the studio version though. It has a quality¿ to it - can't quite explain it but I love it!

the studio version is more experimental, makes me remember roxy music, bryan eno and the berlin phase of david bowie... i think is that that makes this version so beautiful...

the live version is powerful, passionate, and the guitar is really incredible...

so i can have both!

Re: the other B-side is just as impressive (Whyte composition I think)

The other b-side to Certain People I known, is "You've Had her" a track that kicks Smiths arse anyday. It is funny to compare the lightness of the song Certain... with the blistered darkness of Jack the Ripper and the said You've had her.

Losing In Front Of Your Home Crowd

> The other b-side to Certain People I known, is "You've Had¿ her" a track that kicks Smiths arse anyday. It is funny to¿ compare the lightness of the song Certain... with the blistered¿ darkness of Jack the Ripper and the said You've had her.

What? No way! You've Had Her doesn't kick Smiths arse! Not even close!

More Jack

> the studio version is more experimental, makes me remember roxy¿ music, bryan eno and the berlin phase of david bowie... i think¿ is that that makes this version so beautiful...

You know, THIS is the track that exemplifies my argument for Morrissey to get more experimental with samples and such a few weeks back. I always thought he left it off Arsenal because it didn't fit the overall rocking tone of that record.¿ the live version is powerful, passionate, and the guitar is¿ really incredible...

Of course, this is probably my favourite Morrissey track. Alain's riffing is immense--love the ghost train fx!!¿ so i can have both!

Aye, and me.

Cheers,

Jamie

I'm not sure, but I think that was co-written by Boz.

Cheers,

Jamie

Re: More Jack

I used to have the studio version on tape. It's a great song (both live and studio). I really think that My Early Burglary Years should have had the studio version, seeing how it is so difficult to come by. Actually, it's the only released song I can think of that I don't have. Anyone out there know how I can get it on CD??? Please help!!!

Re: More Jack

> I used to have the studio version on tape. It's a great song¿ (both live and studio). I really think that My Early Burglary¿ Years should have had the studio version, seeing how it is so¿ difficult to come by. Actually, it's the only released song I¿ can think of that I don't have. Anyone out there know how I can¿ get it on CD??? Please help!!!

on cd, i don't know. but i heard this song in mp3. the adress is:

http://barbaria.xlrn.ucsb.edu/mp3/index.html

Back
Top Bottom