Franz Ferdinand new album.. (No Moz, but music!)

R

Ruffian

If you like your guitars, if you like quirky indie, if you like rock n'roll.. then you must go and buy the new Franz ferdinand album. And just buy it forget downloading, it needs to be owned in it's imopurity!

Almost as good as the Libertines.

Ruffian

Johnny had recommeded these to me, Ruff, but as we all know he talks bobbins. However, seeing as I always obey your verbal instructions, I will give them a spin.

> If you like your guitars, if you like quirky indie, if you like rock
> n'roll.. then you must go and buy the new Franz ferdinand album. And just
> buy it forget downloading, it needs to be owned in it's imopurity!

> Almost as good as the Libertines.

> Ruffian

> If you like your guitars, if you like quirky indie, if you like rock
> n'roll.. then you must go and buy the new Franz ferdinand album. And just
> buy it forget downloading, it needs to be owned in it's imopurity!

> Almost as good as the Libertines.

> Ruffian

Nar you've got to be kidding Ruff, they are another boring retro post punk revivalist band, Wire were doing that stuff 25 years ago and a million times better.

Goldfrapp release their new single next week, 'Black Cherry', which is also the title of their amazing second album.

Sorry, but FF are wack. I fell prey to the hype, downloaded their EP, thought it sucked, deleted it

I don't know what the hell music critics were smoking when they referred to FF as Scottland's answer to Interpol. These guys suck just as much as the Libertines.

Re: FF, downloads

> I don't know what the hell music critics were smoking when they referred
> to FF as Scottland's answer to Interpol. These guys suck just as much as
> the Libertines.

Well, I of course disagree with you all.. Wouldn't compare them to Interpol, certainly Strokes-esque in parts.. I like it anyway, and if you wanna get in the car, go for a ride, you'd be subjected to that soundtrack at the moment! And have a few laughs of course.

Also, downloads don't do the same for me, doesn't make the music so precious all the time.. Although I've downloaded loads (retro stuff mainly, punk 80's indie I only had on vinyl), it's still the actual 'owning' an album that gives it an edge sometimes. You earn the cash, and shell out on that album you really wanted.. like the good old days awaiting that vital next Smiths album.

Anyway, last week the Scissor sisters, the week before, the sleepy jackson, week before that, Shack, this week FF, next week, who knows.. as long as its new and interesting! keep pushing the boundaries boy!

Ruffian

> Nar you've got to be kidding Ruff, they are another boring retro post punk
> revivalist band, Wire were doing that stuff 25 years ago and a million
> times better.

But time doesn't stand still back then Radar as much as I agree with your sentiments.. sounding retro is not a bad thing if its done well. And let's be honest, a good song from any era is, after all, a good song. Whether it be George Michael, Beyonce, Chic, U2, or Franz Ferdinand.

> Goldfrapp release their new single next week, 'Black Cherry', which is
> also the title of their amazing second album.

Well, i recently re-discovered 'Utopia' and fell in love with that trcak.. 'Fascist Baby' though? what's that about?

Ruffian

> But time doesn't stand still back then Radar as much as I agree with your
> sentiments.. sounding retro is not a bad thing if its done well. And let's
> be honest, a good song from any era is, after all, a good song. Whether it
> be George Michael, Beyonce, Chic, U2, or Franz Ferdinand.

> Well, i recently re-discovered 'Utopia' and fell in love with that trcak..
> 'Fascist Baby' though? what's that about?

> Ruffian

'Utopia' is all about blind faith and being lead, hence the 'Fascist baby' bit, I like the line which goes 'My dog needs new ears' haha.

As for Franz Ferdinand, well I like to hear something fresh and new, breaking down barriers and dealing with issues that are relevant in 2004, I can't see this with modern day guitar bands.

I heard a track by another Glasgow band called 'Dogs die in hot cars', and the track was called 'Man bites man' or something like that. It sounded like Kevin Rowland fronting XTC - please.

> Johnny had recommeded these to me, Ruff, but as we all know he talks
> bobbins. However, seeing as I always obey your verbal instructions, I will
> give them a spin.

yes, they're very good. Much better than Interpol.

The Strokes are garbage. FF are way better. Plus not all of their songs sound the same! Yay!

> Johnny had recommeded these to me, Ruff, but as we all know he talks
> bobbins. However, seeing as I always obey your verbal instructions, I will
> give them a spin.

Good to see you parting with your pennies Bluenose and buying your first album since 1988. Wonders will never cease Be nice to give the moths a wee bit of fresh air as well when you open your purse strings.

Re: The Strokes are garbage. FF are way better. Plus not all of their songs sound the same! Yay!

Amen!! the stroke me offs are garbage. Nice second album that f***in tanked...they're as shitty as all the other groups out today.

HUH!
Went to the record shop - since when did records shrink and become silver? - had a bit of an embarrassment at the till. Apparently, one pound notes went out of circulation a while back. Not to mention I needed 13 of them to pay for my new record!

Will have to go and earn a bit more cash. No more days off for me

> Good to see you parting with your pennies Bluenose and buying your first
> album since 1988. Wonders will never cease Be nice to give the moths a
> wee bit of fresh air as well when you open your purse strings.

The Strokes cd is Amazing and did not 'tank', it's platinum.

> Amen!! the stroke me offs are garbage. Nice second album that f***in
> tanked...they're as shitty as all the other groups out today.

The S

Re: The Strokes cd is Amazing and did not 'tank', it's platinum.

So what??? millions of shitty albums go platinum and more...doesnt mean its good...just that there are suckers born every minute. If you like the strokes,cool,but i cant seem to gtet into a band where every f***in song they do sounds the same. Plus,julian casablancas is a f***in douchebag.

If the likes of: jason mraz,john mayer,black eyed peas and every other shitty band out there now can sell a million plus,that doesnt mean dick,

Re: The Strokes cd is Amazing and did not 'tank', it's platinum.

> So what??? millions of shitty albums go platinum and more...doesnt mean
> its good...just that there are suckers born every minute. If you like the
> strokes,cool,but i cant seem to gtet into a band where every f***in song
> they do sounds the same. Plus,julian casablancas is a f***in douchebag.

> If the likes of: jason mraz,john mayer,black eyed peas and every other
> shitty band out there now can sell a million plus,that doesnt mean dick,

The Strokes are more a soundtrack to a lifestyle. This cd topped many best of lists for 03, it's original and I'm not saying anything else, if you don't get it you don't, not everyone likes everything. Plus, Julian is adorable, I'd do him.

> HUH!
> Went to the record shop - since when did records shrink and become silver?
> - had a bit of an embarrassment at the till. Apparently, one pound notes
> went out of circulation a while back. Not to mention I needed 13 of them
> to pay for my new record!

> Will have to go and earn a bit more cash. No more days off for me

Stop being such a Little Englander Bluenose. £1.00 notes are widely used up here. Numpty

Back
Top Bottom