Pauline murray & the invisible girls

R

'Radar' O'Reilly

Well I've waited a long time to get my hands on this CD and have just won it at Ebay. Hopefully the sound quality on the reissued CD will be an improvement on the original LP which was completely messed up by Martin Hannetts awful production, he was so over rated.

I've waited a long time to hear, what are definately Pauline Murrays best songs, on a another format, hopefully someone has done some tinkering to rectify Hannetts shocking production.

Hey, I know this is not Morrissey-Solo related, but what gives you the right to knock someone like that ? If you were in the music world, then I am sure you would understand the whole business a lot better, digital and analogue.

And also your grammer is quite poor as well.

Strawberry

> Well I've waited a long time to get my hands on this CD and have just won
> it at Ebay. Hopefully the sound quality on the reissued CD will be an
> improvement on the original LP which was completely messed up by Martin
> Hannetts awful production, he was so over rated.

> I've waited a long time to hear, what are definately Pauline Murrays best
> songs, on a another format, hopefully someone has done some tinkering to
> rectify Hannetts shocking production.

> Hey, I know this is not Morrissey-Solo related, but what gives you the
> right to knock someone like that ? If you were in the music world, then I
> am sure you would understand the whole business a lot better, digital and
> analogue.

> And also your grammer is quite poor as well.

> Strawberry

And you obviously haven't heard this album, so shut it.

Hannett has done some excellent stuff, but he has also done so terribly over produced stuff. John Cooper Clarke's albums would have sounded better being produced by someone else, and his mix of The Only Ones 'Oh Lucinda' is rubbish.

But you haven't heard these have you ?

Some of the tapes were done by another....he didn't do all the bloody recordings and JCC played with the bloody invisible girls as well. When you produce something yourself, I will tell you that your work is shit and then see how you like people saying that. Think about what you say before you write it down.

Strawberry.

> And you obviously haven't heard this album, so shut it.

> Hannett has done some excellent stuff, but he has also done so terribly
> over produced stuff. John Cooper Clarke's albums would have sounded better
> being produced by someone else, and his mix of The Only Ones 'Oh Lucinda'
> is rubbish.

> But you haven't heard these have you ?

> Some of the tapes were done by another....he didn't do all the bloody
> recordings and JCC played with the bloody invisible girls as well. When
> you produce something yourself, I will tell you that your work is shit and
> then see how you like people saying that. Think about what you say before
> you write it down.

> Strawberry.

OK lets all sit on the fence, everything Hannett did was groundbreaking. Yea and Roys Keen is equally as good as Maudlin Steet.

If only Martin Rushent had done the producing and mixing of 'Snap, Crackle & Bop' and 'Zip style method', still they are quality albums despite Hannetts influence.

I should really have been a little clearer, and said that he didn't do >that< recording and perhaps that would have placed my initial response to your comment into context and hence my anger at what you had posted - which was clearly not true, at least on that one specific song anyway.

Whether you feel like that about other songs, other recordings and other groups is a totally different matter. To be totally truthful, from my own point of view, I find it very difficult to listen to some of those songs now.

You could confirm via CJ or you could go to alt.music.neworder and talk to Mr Wells. He's quite highly regarded (at least in the internet world) with historical trivia but take care - they often delve into the history of synths/samplers and discuss other engineering/programming/sampling matters.

Strawberry

Back
Top Bottom