Are there any sleeves/cover art by other bands (not Moz/Smiths) that you really dig? What are they?

B

Belligerent Ghoul

Please post them if you desire.

For example, I like this album cover for U2's Achtung Baby.

pic139410.jpg

Re: Are there any sleeves/cover art by other bands (not Moz/Smiths) that you really dig? What are th

pic139412.jpg

Re: Are there any sleeves/cover art by other bands (not Moz/Smiths) that you really dig? What are th

pic139415.jpg

Gotta be...

John Squire's Pollock-esque daubs for The Stone Roses

pic139426.jpg

B00000740D.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Re: Gotta be...

> John Squire's Pollock-esque daubs for The Stone Roses

Apparently John Squire is doing an exhibition of his at artwork at the ICA in London from Feb 14th to Feb 16th.

The obvious two are:

The Clash 'London Calling'
Dexys 'Searching For The Young Soul Rebels'

> Please post them if you desire.

> For example, I like this album cover for U2's Achtung Baby.

well, Sgt peppers is quite a curious cover to look at.. and I always liked led Zeppelins 'Physical Graffitti'.. Coz you can change the windows!! (ohg yeah, small minds..)

What about electric ladyland.. Redskins 'Neither Washington nor Moscow'...

pic139448.jpg

Oh, and how could I forget (especially for fast-food haters & anti-globalisation types)

pic139458.jpg

B00004TJWD.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Re: Are you not going to submit any ROCK sleeves, Ruff?

I did have Physical Graffittii ll prepared and then knew I'd get slaughtered.. so went for the cool Redskins!! 'Let's get this situation sorted out..'!
Ruffian

Ahhh nice to see my very good friend Damon Gough's work up there.. well, I can claim a deep conversation with him 4 weeks or so ago.. so he's a mate now! Good call, Kate Adie.. sorry Kate80.

Ruffian

> Ahhh nice to see my very good friend Damon Gough's work up there.. well, I
> can claim a deep conversation with him 4 weeks or so ago.. so he's a mate
> now! Good call, Kate Adie.. sorry Kate80.

> Ruffian

Lucky you!! Well tell him I can't wait for his new album

> Lucky you!! Well tell him I can't wait for his new album

he played new songs the night I saw him in the cornerhouse.. I'd post a pic if I was at home.. I was THAT close. He's a nice bloke.

I was also at the gig weher he got in trouble with Shepherds Bush council for playing past the allotted hour at the Empire a year or two back.. he just wouldn't 'Get off the stage'!

Ruffian

> he played new songs the night I saw him in the cornerhouse.. I'd post a
> pic if I was at home.. I was THAT close. He's a nice bloke.

> I was also at the gig weher he got in trouble with Shepherds Bush council
> for playing past the allotted hour at the Empire a year or two back.. he
> just wouldn't 'Get off the stage'!

> Ruffian

haha! I've seen him a few times - Royal Albert Hall was particularly memorable cos he randomly went into "Oscillate Wildly" on the piano at one point! I think the people around me wondered why I was squealing... ahem.

> haha! I've seen him a few times - Royal Albert Hall was particularly
> memorable cos he randomly went into "Oscillate Wildly" on the
> piano at one point! I think the people around me wondered why I was
> squealing... ahem.

I was tempted to throw a sausage in the Albert Hall once. Just to see if it was true what they say! haha

Ruffian

Back
Top Bottom