Questions on Smiths and Morrissey

R

Ruffian

Did anyone else get into that Q&A session with the girl (liz) doing her thesis on this Morrissey (oc)cult... I answered these the other day.

a) You said of Morrissey in your answer to question 1 that you were 'charmed
by his image'. What was it about his image that engaged you?

It was always more about the music for me.. but if there was something about his image it was his frailty. And his 'anti-hero' stance, if you know what I mean. His absolute rejection of anything overtly attractive and in it's place, emphasising imperfection.

b) How has been a fan shaped your own identity?

Not obviously in the physical sense.. although I apparently wear clothes very Morrissey-esque. Never had the hair though. I am my own person.. so, as far as personality or identity in the spiritual sense goes, Morrissey seems to write as I do, and have the same emotions and feelings, but Morrissey has not shaped me. A key understanding of this is that the Smiths and I grew up together.. it was my soundtrack, I always held the values the Smiths and Morrissey lyrics espoused.. Maybe we shaped each other being the same age in some ways(!!) Also, as far as imprinting his identity on me, I wouldn't agree with certain aspects of Moz's personality although respecting an individuals privacy.. for example, his ambiguity on race, politics, s*xuality, vegetarianism.

Thought it about time I posted something kind of -'on topic'!

Ruffian

Back
Top Bottom