Bluenose

*wipes tear away from eye*

Dyslexic, me arse.

pic135812.jpg

>
> *wipes tear away from eye*

> Dyslexic, me arse.

TOO RIGHT - F**K THE NME TOO - W***ERS

WHAT ABOUT CRAPPY OASIS, THE SPICE GIRLS, ETC ETC..ALL brandishing Union Jacks without ANY problems..

F**K THE MUSIC INDUSTRY, IT'LL CHOKE ON THE SAME CONTRIVED SHITE IT NOW PRODUCES YEAR IN YEAR OUT!

> TOO RIGHT - F**K THE NME TOO - W***ERS

> WHAT ABOUT CRAPPY OASIS, THE SPICE GIRLS, ETC ETC..ALL brandishing Union
> Jacks without ANY problems..

> F**K THE MUSIC INDUSTRY, IT'LL CHOKE ON THE SAME CONTRIVED SHITE IT NOW
> PRODUCES YEAR IN YEAR OUT!

f*** the NME right off, never forget, and I hope those muppetts pictured have since endured the very worst in their lives over the years.

Crowds protesting cult singer Morrissey in Battersea. Crowd estimated at 5 people with no style.

wtf?

If he was waving an American flag around on stage instead, i bet they'd call him a traitor! Idiots.

Re: wtf?

I'm not English,

And, I'm assuming that the Union Jack is the English Flag. Sooo...why would that be racist?

Sorry, but idiot lefties like these fruits have nothing better to do.

Honestly. Calling Morrissey a racist? F*ckin dunces.

I still feel so utterly protective about this guy that seeing things like that even after 11 years totally drives me mad. I just can’t stand what that bunch of “journalists” did to him and what irks me most is that somehow they also seemed to succeed, as you can see from this pic. There are impressionable kids out there who believe anything they read on the press, and those people knew it. It was a deliberate attempt to destroy somebody’s life and career gratuitously, and nobody ever paid for that. If I make a gross mistake in my job I may even get fired. Those horrible people are still there writing bullshit and they didn’t even apologize for what they did. Assholes.

Morrissey should be proud not to have such horrible spellers as fans. Seriously.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone at the NME truly believed Morrissey was a racist. It seems to me that they were tired of their darling and wanted an easy way to burn bridges so they decided to take advantage of political correctness gone awry to do it. To the other Americans on here who have expressed wonderment that waving the flag of one's own nation would be considered racist, you have to understand that the UK has come a bit further in its national self-hatred than has the USA (although the UK has since backslid). Basically, the flag became synonymous for many people of all the bad things the UK did throughout history as opposed to all the good things or even all the things, good, bad and inbetween, the UK ever did in sum total. You could no longer be proud of where you were from because that was seen as nationalism which some see as synonymous with imperialism which, in turn, some people see as synonymous with racism.

I personally see nothing wrong with being proud to be from where you are from. It doesn't mean you approve of the government or of atrocities past or present necessarily. It just means you love the land that made you.

Nobody is listening to you.

Yes, you know all about the UK.

Do you realize that you never tell us anything we do not already know? You seem to think your insights profound but they are not. They are just the views of someone who is in, went, or graduated from university, and actually paid attention and did a bit of reading/research/investigating on the side. Please don't tell us about what the Union Jack does & does not stand for. All of us in the UK don't need to be reminded by a Yankee Doodle Dandy. Furthermore, if you must know, we are no more or less enlightened about our past transgressions (i.e. colonialism of the Indian Subcontinent) than you are of yours (i.e. the importing & exploitation of indigenous tribal peoples of Africa).

You speak of flags, racism, nationalism, patriotism, imperialism and you associate these words with Great Britain and its atrocities.

Next time, direct your comments toward Germany. The Holocaust.

Better yet, stop talking full stop.

Especially you, since you prove with this post that you didn't read mine. Not very well anyway.

Hey moron,

I was writing for the benefit of the Americans further up in the thread who were wondering why this whole Morrissey waving a Union Jack thing was considered such a big deal. If I'm not mistaken, someone posted about how they didn't understand why the Union Jack was associated with racism. Notice how in my original post, I made reference to the people to whom my post was addressed. I was not patronising anyone. Furthermore, I was not blaming the UK for any of its past atrocities. I was talking about how the flag has become a symbol of things that the UK did which many people today may view as bad. My post was a defense of people who are proud of where they come from and of a sort of nationalism which I view as perfectly benign. I have posted before in defense of Morrissey's action and of people who may feel sorry that their country has done "bad" things in the past but who defiantly refuse to take the blame themselves -- for the white males of the world who are made to feel like shit because of what some of their ancestors may or may not have done (especially since there is virtually no one on this planet who can claim that his or her ancestors' hands are completely free of any spilled blood).

In other words, moron, please learn to read. I didn't say anything bad about the UK and I never said I connected the British flag with atrocities. I explained why some people do. Furthermore, as most people on this board know, I am always highly critical of my own country and I certainly do not feel the same sort of nationalism for it that I defend in other people. For me, personally, patriotism is stupid. I feel no special loyalty to my certain government or country; I defend it only against outright lies and stereotypes. I don't think you'll find a much less patrotic person than me.

So before you go around putting words in my mouth, maybe you should actually read my post next time. I made the initial post with a specific audience in mind and one who had asked some questions. I made this clear. You, and not I, are the one with the problem here.

P.S. Bad analogy with Germany there. Typical Germans are some of the least nationalistic people on earth. Most of them are very much ashamed of their past to the point of feigning ignorance at the location of various landmarks of the Holocaust when asked for directions by tourists. Add that to the fact that I wasn't criticizing the UK anyway and you look like quite a jerk, don't you.

>
> *wipes tear away from eye*

> Dyslexic, me arse.

Great Britain is bullshit anyway. It has only ever been England, Ireland, Scotland and that other one.

Keep waving the Union Jack

> Where do these halfwits get off!!
Why is the flag of mine and Morrissey's country seen as a racist symbol?
That flag stood for freedom and liberty in 1940, how soon these idiots forget.
Morrissey is proud of where he comes from and if he wants to show it, good for him!

Re: wtf?

> I'm not English,

> And, I'm assuming that the Union Jack is the English Flag. Sooo...why
> would that be racist?

> Sorry, but idiot lefties like these fruits have nothing better to do.

> Honestly. Calling Morrissey a racist? F*ckin dunces.

The Union Jack is the Britis flag. The St Georges Cross is the English flag (red cross white background)

Huntingdon is Belligerent Ghoul, up to his old tricks again. Yawn.

Good. Another ID to ignore.

P.S. It's not trolling if someone makes false accusations and calls you names and you respond in kind. Now f*** off.

Chill has a persecution complex that she blamed BG for having.

Another ID to ignore?

Right just like yours:

1) Chill

2) Mindy

3) Joans Walkman

4) Walkman

5) Lipgloss

It IS trolling being an insufferable, incorrible, lecturing, preaching, twat like yourself.

Plus nobody called you a name but you just said to another user of this site "f*** off."

YOU ARE A TROLL!

Re: Keep waving the Union Jack

> Why is the flag of mine and Morrissey's country seen as a racist symbol?

Usually because the far-right (British National Party to name but one) use it as their symbol. So now we can't help but think 'BNP RASCIST FREAK!" when we see a Union Jack.

> That flag stood for freedom and liberty in 1940, how soon these idiots
> forget.
> Morrissey is proud of where he comes from and if he wants to show it, good
> for him!

I don't think he's that proud, he's slagged off Britain enough. I don't give a fug about him waving the Union Jack, I think he was probably trying to be 'edgy' but just looked a bit shit. I think the real problems are songs like 'Bengali in Platforms'.. can anyone give me a defensible version of that song?

LMC x

Oh wait, that wouldn't be you BG, would it? f*** off.

You have no right to call anyone else a troll, oh mighty king of trolls. When I go in chat under other IDs, I make no secret of my identity. You try to. (And usually fail badly.) How stupid do you think I am not to be able to identify you by now. And "lecturing," as you term it, makes one a twat now? That's a new one. Last time I checked, it made you a troll to go and hurl insults at people for no reason other than that you're jealous of them or upset that your posts have been moderated "unfairly." (I would, however, question whether or not it really is unfair. I mean, how many chances do you really think you deserve? You seemed to have repented and people, myself included, gave you another chance. But, of course, you continued to troll under other identities. You were outed and you expect more chances? I don't think so. You deserve everything you get.) Now I'll go back to ignoring your loser ass, BG (or should I say Penelope).

P.S. What the f*** is "incorrible"? I've not heard that word before.

> Usually because the far-right (British National Party to name but one) use
> it as their symbol. So now we can't help but think 'BNP RASCIST
> FREAK!" when we see a Union Jack.

Who do you mean by 'we'? I don't think 'BNP RACIST FREAK!' when I see it. I don't have a problem with it in the same way that I don't have a problem with any country's flag.
It's alright for Noel Gallagher to have a Union Flag (to give it it's proper name) design on his guitar and for Ginger Spice to have a Union Flag dress and for the entire Britpop movement of the mid to late 90's to shout 'Cool Brittania!' from the rooftops, but it isn't alright for Moz to wave a Union Flag at a gig.

> I don't think he's that proud, he's slagged off Britain enough. I don't
> give a fug about him waving the Union Jack, I think he was probably trying
> to be 'edgy' but just looked a bit shit. I think the real problems are
> songs like 'Bengali in Platforms'.. can anyone give me a defensible
> version of that song?

I've given a defence of 'Bengali....' here a couple of times before. It was an astute observation (as always)of a very real urban trend among many UK kids of Asian parentage, who were wearing these ridiculous clothes years after the rest of us had moved on to punk etc.
I'm talking the early 80's here!! It really was rather comical.
The trouble with too many pesky kids nowadays is that they're almost hysterical about political-correctness, and are also too young to have seen these sights in places like Manchester and Leeds when they were still industrial cities and before the era of the shiny new shopping-mall.
Now I really have no desire to come on here every few months to defend it.
So listen up, kids - BE TOLD!!
You're old Grandpa McCann wouldn't lie to you. Well okay, he would - but not about that.

> LMC x
Cheers xxx

> Who do you mean by 'we'? I don't think 'BNP RACIST FREAK!' when I see it.
> I don't have a problem with it in the same way that I don't have a problem
> with any country's flag.
> It's alright for Noel Gallagher to have a Union Flag (to give it it's
> proper name) design on his guitar and for Ginger Spice to have a Union
> Flag dress and for the entire Britpop movement of the mid to late 90's to
> shout 'Cool Brittania!' from the rooftops, but it isn't alright for Moz to
> wave a Union Flag at a gig.

> I've given a defence of 'Bengali....' here a couple of times before. It
> was an astute observation (as always)of a very real urban trend among many
> UK kids of Asian parentage, who were wearing these ridiculous clothes
> years after the rest of us had moved on to punk etc.
> I'm talking the early 80's here!! It really was rather comical.
> The trouble with too many pesky kids nowadays is that they're almost
> hysterical about political-correctness, and are also too young to have
> seen these sights in places like Manchester and Leeds when they were still
> industrial cities and before the era of the shiny new shopping-mall.
> Now I really have no desire to come on here every few months to defend it.
> So listen up, kids - BE TOLD!!
> You're old Grandpa McCann wouldn't lie to you. Well okay, he would - but
> not about that.
> Cheers xxx

Ha ha! This sounds like a Mail on Sunday editorial.

Back
Top Bottom