Glad to see Loafing Oaf is back and once again putting words in people's mouths.

C

Chill

What a twat. At least now I know his new ID so I can begin to ignore his posts again.

> What a twat. At least now I know his new ID so I can begin to ignore his
> posts again.

Oh no does that mean loads of right wing shite posts, again? LOaf all he wants for xmas is Bin Laden eh?

On the positive note though that's one less dictator now when are we gonna bring down those other murdering bastards?

love
Grim

Whos' going to capture us???? Last i checked......Iraq wasnt bothering us too much. We had to go stick our noses in their business as we ALWAYS do with every country. We're just as much to blame for this shit as everyone else. im not pro/anti war......I'm just someone who's sick of seeing our soldiers killed for no f***in reason. Explain that to me dickcheese

> Oh no does that mean loads of right wing shite posts, again?

True radicals and revolutionaries, like me, cannot be labelled.

I'm glad the dogmatic, irrational, paranoid, and reactionary hard-leftists are still here.

>LOaf all he
> wants for xmas is Bin Laden eh?

It's my opinion we already killed him.

> On the positive note though that's one less dictator now when are we gonna
> bring down those other murdering bastards?

Glad to see you're so pleased with the results that you're on board for the next liberation. Who do you wanna get next? (I mean besides Bush, who I understand is obviously worse than Atilla the Hun and Hitler combined for bringing down fascism in Iraq.)

Or, wait. Will you withdraw your support for toppling a murderous, genocidal regime just as someone with the ability, the legal and moral right, and the desire to topple that regime is about to actually do so?

> love
> Grim

someone needs a make over!

pic135557.jpg

The guy in the yellow shirt...

...did he play Michael in the first series of 'Tales Of The City'?

Hahahaha

You know I only came on here for the first time in ages, because I thought I bet that Oaf's started posting again now he thinks he's got something to beat his chest over. Of course to the rest of the rational human race the capture of one hairy man in a hole is hardly a turning point for world peace or the war on terror. It's news and it's good news, but by no means does it mean the war was any more justified, the war was conducted properly, the threat of terrorism will decrease or the threat of radical Islam will be in any way alleviated - if anything quite the opposite. Nor will anything ever change the damned lies we were told, stop the desparation of right-wingers to scream "told you so" over any incident which might in any way bolster their pre-war position (whether it in fact supports them or not), or improve the stature of the US in the eyes of anyone but its own domestic cheer squad.

Re: Hahahaha

> You know I only came on here for the first time in ages, because I thought
> I bet that Oaf's started posting again now he thinks he's got something to
> beat his chest over. Of course to the rest of the rational human race the
> capture of one hairy man in a hole is hardly a turning point for world
> peace or the war on terror. It's news and it's good news, but by no means
> does it mean the war was any more justified, the war was conducted
> properly, the threat of terrorism will decrease or the threat of radical
> Islam will be in any way alleviated - if anything quite the opposite. Nor
> will anything ever change the damned lies we were told, stop the
> desparation of right-wingers to scream "told you so" over any
> incident which might in any way bolster their pre-war position (whether it
> in fact supports them or not), or improve the stature of the US in the
> eyes of anyone but its own domestic cheer squad.
I am just so glad that Saddam came out of that hole without any loss of life from coalition forces and if I'm not mistaken there hasn't been any since Sunday.

Not for lack of trying: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=540&e=2&u=/ap/20031217/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

People are still dying over there and more people will probably die. Just because the coalition forces have enjoyed a bit of a reprieve does not mean they're going to be safe for long or even that they are safe now. Furthermore, most of our own military and governmental officials have admitted that Saddam probably did not have a hand in the resistance forces and that there were definitely other people leading them. So capturing this one guy -- bad as he was and as nice as it is that he will be brought to justice (hopefully) -- is not the end, though a lot of people will undoubtedly cling to this illusion.

> You know I only came on here for the first time in ages, because I thought
> I bet that Oaf's started posting again now he thinks he's got something to
> beat his chest over. Of course to the rest of the rational human race the
> capture of one hairy man in a hole is hardly a turning point for world
> peace or the war on terror. It's news and it's good news, but by no means
> does it mean the war was any more justified, the war was conducted
> properly, the threat of terrorism will decrease or the threat of radical
> Islam will be in any way alleviated - if anything quite the opposite. Nor
> will anything ever change the damned lies we were told, stop the
> desparation of right-wingers to scream "told you so" over any
> incident which might in any way bolster their pre-war position (whether it
> in fact supports them or not), or improve the stature of the US in the
> eyes of anyone but its own domestic cheer squad.

I've never wavered from my support and pride over the American-led liberation
and now rebuilding of Iraq. I've never felt prouder about something America has done in my lifetime, and only feel angry that it wasn't done in 1991. Now that every Democrat candidate with a chance at getting the nomination for president has promised to finish the job in Iraq, I'm confident that whatever happens politcally at home, the job in Iraq will be done, and the emerging Iraqi democracy will be the most democratic country the Arab world has ever seem (actually, it's already achieved that with just the interim governing council! ...which says more about the sick state of the other countries in that region....).

Nobody's ever successfully argued to me that some other policy towards Iraq would've been better for anyone other than Saddam and the terrorists he loved. I'm looking forward to the new Iraq. Others...I don't know what they want...some sort of humanitarian disastor in Iraq it often seems....

However, that's not what I posted about. Like I said, I find it interesting to see the first reactions of people to news such as the capture of Saddam. It exposes a lot about where they're really coming from deep down inside. Anyone who's first, automatic reaction to the capture of Saddam was negative really needs to do some soul-searching for themselves, and for the rest of us they need to finally shut up. Their opinions on anything related to Iraq simply do not count.

now answer for this one devils

Congo Ebola Outbreak Under Control
WHO Warns Outbreak Could Return, Strike Major City

GENEVA (Dec. 17) - The World Health Organisation on Wednesday said the latest Ebola outbreak in the Congo Republic was under control but warned the deadly virus could return, perhaps striking a major city.

There are now no active cases of Ebola in the Congo Republic, where the highly contagious virus claimed 29 lives in the northwestern Mbomo region in the latest outbreak, WHO's Ebola expert Pierre Formenty told journalists.

The last person to die of the virus was on December 3.

If no new cases emerge before mid-January, the epidemic can be officially declared over, said WHO spokeswoman Maria Cheng.

Formenty said health officials were not lowering their guard against the virus, which proves fatal in 90 percent of cases because of its potential to spread quickly via body fluids.

"Part of our worries are that there could be a big epidemic. There is a potential danger that if a virus like this were deployed in a big urban centre in Africa, for example, it could have a huge effect," he said.

The previous outbreak in the same region in February claimed 120 lives. Gabon also saw outbreaks in 2001 and 2002.

The virus is first contracted by humans coming into contact with infected animals, usually through eating bushmeat, commonly from apes, gorillas, chimpanzees or monkeys. Bushmeat is a staple for some villagers and is considered a delicacy in some African cities.

There is no known cure for Ebola fever, first identified in 1976. Symptoms include fever, weakness and muscle pain followed by vomiting, diarrhoea, reduced liver and kidney functions and internal and external bleeding.

and this one:

New Jersey Governor to Endorse Dean, Sources Say
By JOHN P. McALPIN, AP

TRENTON, N.J. (Dec. 16) - Gov. James E. McGreevey plans to endorse Howard Dean for president and has asked state Democrats to begin campaigning for the former Vermont governor, state Democratic officials said Tuesday.
Howard Dean is seeking the support of Democratic governors and party leaders.
Officials said McGreevey's endorsement, which he plans to announce Friday, is part of a broader push by Dean to gain backing of Democratic governors and other party leaders.McGreevey had planned to meet with Wesley Clark this week, but that meeting was canceled.
"The governor will make an endorsement when he feels its appropriate," spokesman Micah Rasmussen said Tuesday.

A spokesman for Dean did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Dean, a former five-term governor of Vermont, hopes to build on momentum from last week's endorsement of former Vice President Al Gore by winning support from additional party heavyweights.

He has won praise - but not endorsements - from Govs. Jim Doyle of Wisconsin, Janet Napolitano of Arizona, Ed Rendell of Pennsylvania and Bill Richardson of New Mexico. His campaign is also courting Michigan Gov. Jennifer M. Granholm.

Democratic officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Granholm and Doyle are longshots to back Dean while Napolitano has recently expressed a willingness to endorse a candidate. Her state holds a critical Feb. 3 primary.

Rendell and Richardson have said they won't endorse a candidate until the nomination is sealed up. However, in one measure of Dean's all-out lobbying effort, Rendell's office has received 1,200 letters from Dean supporters urging the governor to endorse their candidate.

Democratic lawmakers and other sources speaking on condition of anonymity said they learned of McGreevey's decision Monday.
McGreevey will ask all party leaders and county Democratic chairmen to back Dean, sources said.

The decision came after Dean and McGreevey met earlier this month, sources said.

McGreevey has met with Dean, Sen. Joe Lieberman and Sen. John Kerry, of Massachusetts, Rasmussen said.

Re: Hahahaha-devils so much to answer for

Fassel Out as Giants Coach
Team to Fire Him After the Season
By DAVE GOLDBERG, AP SPORTS

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (Dec. 17) -- Coach Jim Fassel was fired by the New York Giants after a disappointing season that began with hopes of reaching the Super Bowl.Jim Fassel will not return following this season.

"It's time. They need a change, I need a change. It's the right thing to do," Fassel said Wednesday.

He will coach the last two games of the season.

Fassel was told of the decision Tuesday in a meeting he requested with Giants co-owners Wellington Mara and Bob Tisch and executive vice president John Mara.

A Super Bowl team three seasons ago and expected to contend again, the Giants (4-10) have dropped six straight games to fall to last place in the NFC East. It's the team's longest losing streak in 10 years.

In seven seasons as the Giants' coach, Fassel is 60-54-1, including the postseason. He took the team to the playoffs three times, including a loss to the Baltimore Ravens in the 2001 Super Bowl. Last season, the Giants made the playoffs at 10-6, then blew a 24-point third-quarter lead against the San Francisco 49ers and lost their wild-card game 39-38. The game ended on a botched snap and what the league later acknowledged was bad officiating.

In retrospect, that defeat might have caused some indecision at key moments this season for Fassel, who had a year left on his contract at a salary of about $2.5 million.

Before becoming the Giants' head coach, Fassel was the offensive coordinator with the Arizona Cardinals. He has been thought to be a candidate for Arizona's head coaching job if it should become vacant.He also was head coach at the University of Utah from 1985-89.

This season began with promise for the Giants, who opened with a 23-13 victory over the St. Louis Rams, a team now tied for the best record in the NFC at 11-3.

But New York lost a stunner to Dallas in its second game, kicking what appeared to be a winning field goal with 11 seconds left, only to have the ensuing kickoff go out of bounds. That helped Dallas tie the game, then win in overtime.

The Giants were 2-3 going into their first meeting with Philadelphia. New York dominated but lost on an 84-yard punt return by Brian Westbrook with just over a minute left.

The season went downhill from there, although New York did hand Minnesota its first loss after the Vikings started 6-0.

But the Giants had plenty of injury problems, including to tight end Jeremy Shockey, three starting defensive backs, and three starters on an offensive line that wasn't very good to start with.
The offensive line problems led to problems in the passing game and finally to an injury that knocked out quarterback Kerry Collins, who had started 67 straight games.The low point came Sunday night with a 45-7 loss in New Orleans, the Giants' worst regular-season defeat since 1973. They are minus-13 in turnover margin, second-worst in the league, and star running Tiki Barber has lost several fumbles.

Among the possible successors to Fassel are LSU coach Nick Saban, former Jaguars coach Tom Coughlin, and the Patriots' two coordinators: Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis. Coughlin, Crennel and Weis were Giants assistants under Bill Parcells.

Re: Hahahaha-devilsyou and your country-so much to answer for

U.K. Caretaker Guilty of Schoolgirls' Murder
Disappearance and Murder of 10-Year-Olds Gripped Nation in 2002
LONDON (Dec. 17) - Ian Huntley was given two life sentences on Wednesday after being found guilty of the murder of 10-year-old schoolgirls Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman. His ex-lover Maxine Carr, found guilty of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice but cleared of assisting an offender, was sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail.

Huntley, 29, murdered the girls, whose picture in matching red soccer shirts flashed across world television networks in the summer of 2002, at his house in the village of Soham, eastern England, just minutes after they vanished from their homes.

His former fiancee Maxine Carr, 26, was found not guilty of assisting an offender but guilty of conspiring to pervert the course of justice.

There was no reaction from Huntley as the verdicts were announced while Carr simply bowed her head.

The girls' disappearance sparked one of the biggest manhunts in British history and the discovery of their badly decomposed bodies almost two weeks later horrified the British public and drew sympathy from around the world.

A jury of seven women and five men at London's Old Bailey court took 17 hours and 32 minutes to reach their guilty verdict after a trial which lasted six weeks.

Huntley had denied murdering the girls, claiming in evidence to the court that their deaths were accidental. He admitted Holly died after falling into the bath in his house and that Jessica died when he put his hand over her mouth to stop her screaming.

''I accept I am responsible for the deaths of Holly and Jessica, but there is nothing I can do about it now. I sincerely wish there was,'' Huntley told the court during the trial.

But prosecutor Richard Latham dismissed his explanation, telling jurors: ''Ten-year-old girls don't just drop dead.''

While your at it, Are you responsible for this also Devil's?

ESPN.com news services
After weeks of talk and speculation about the proposed trade to send AL MVP Alex Rodriguez to Boston for outfielder Manny Ramirez, Texas Rangers owner Tom Hicks is ready for a resolution.

Hicks said Wednesday that no agreement had been reached and that he has set a deadline of 6 p.m. ET Thursday. If no deal is made by then, he said Rodriguez will remain with the Rangers.

Spreading the wealth
The state of Massachusetts stands to make thousands if Alex Rodriguez is traded to the Red Sox.
Last year, A-Rod and the Texas Rangers played three games in Boston. Based on Rodriguez' $22 million annual salary and the fact that baseball players serve 210 duty days for tax purposes, Rodriguez had to pay Massachusetts state taxes on three days' salary ($314,286). Given the Massachusetts state income tax is 5.3 percent, A-Rod owed the state $16,657, not to mention the taxes he paid to others that levy a special "jock tax" on every athlete who plays in their state. If A-Rod were to play his home games in Boston in 2004, approximately half of his duty days (105) would be taxed -- meaning Massachusetts would bill the shortstop $583,000 in income taxes, according to the Tax Foundation, a Washington-based research group that has studied jock taxes. That's 2.65 percent of A-Rod's total salary.

Boston's Manny Ramirez -- the A-Rod trade is predicated on the Red Sox sending Ramirez to Texas -- would owe Massachusetts $543,250 for 105 days' salary in Massachusetts for the 2004 season based on his $20.5 million salary. The state's total net take in the trade? A cool $39,750.
--Darren Rovell, ESPN.com

The Rangers owner said he spoke to Rodriguez on Wednesday.

"I told him, 'I don't know whether tomorrow, I'm going to wish you bon voyage or welcome back,' " Hicks told The Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Hicks didn't immediately return a message left by AP at his office. Rangers spokesman Gregg Elkin, however, confirmed Hicks' deadline.

Commissioner Bud Selig also had established a Thursday afternoon deadline for a deal or end to the talks.

Meanwhile, if a deal is consummated, the Red Sox have conditionally agreed to trade shortstop Nomar Garciaparra to the White Sox for outfielder Magglio Ordonez, ESPN's Peter Gammons has confirmed.

The Red Sox might also include reliever Scott Williamson as part of the agreed-upon trade of Garciaparra to Chicago, provided the Rodriguez-Ramirez deal is completed. Garciaparra does not have a no-trade clause, so Boston has the right to trade him to any team.

The Dodgers, once thought to be a likely trade destination for Garciaparra, apparently are no longer in the picture. White Sox general manager Kenny Williams wouldn't discuss the agreed-upon deal with Boston.

"I just prefer not to speak to anything. It's business between clubs. When anybody has something to announce, they'll announce it," Williams said Wednesday.

Hicks and Red Sox owner John Henry have been discussing a swap of Rodriguez for Ramirez, the sport's only $20 million men.

Talks have bogged down over the sheer magnitude of the money involved -- more than $300 million remaining on the two contracts, including deferred money -- and the Rangers' demand that Boston pay a big chunk of Ramirez's salary in addition to more than $179 million due Rodriguez.

Boston has balked at paying part of Ramirez's salary. Even without it, the Rangers would already save about $81 million in the deal. Talk has recently focused on whether the Red Sox would include another player in lieu of cash.

"From the Rangers' point of view, we're only going to do something that makes our team better," Hicks said. "We have no intention of compromising."

Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein and Rodriguez were meeting this week with an official from the Players' Association to discuss the deal.

The union would get involved if there was a renegotiation of the record $252 million, 10-year contract Rodriguez signed three years ago; any change would have to add some benefit for the player, according to baseball's labor contract.

Epstein, Rodriguez, and Rodriguez's agent, Scott Boras, were expected to meet with the union Wednesday for more talks, The Associated Press reported.

Henry hasn't responded to e-mails or calls from AP. But following a series of skeptical postings about the trade on a Red Sox fan Web site, a participant identified as "JohnWHenry" said, "Come on now. Don't start to waver on us. It's the holidays. Be of good cheer! It's going to be just a great, exciting season. Hang in there."

The postings came at 4:26 a.m. Henry has confirmed that he uses that screen name for the "Sons of Sam Horn" bulletin board.

The Red Sox did make one deal involving an infielder Tuesday, acquiring Mark Bellhorn from Colorado to replace free agent Todd Walker at second base.

Walker could be part of Texas' contingency plans for replacing Rodriguez. They've talked to Walker's agent about signing him to play second, which would mean moving second baseman Michael Young to shortstop.

The Red Sox have had arguably the busiest offseason, acquiring right-hander Curt Schilling from the Diamondbacks and signing free-agent closer Keith Foulke, who pitched for Oakland last season. Adding Rodriguez and Ordonez would significantly alter a lineup that led the majors in runs scored last season. The Red Sox were painfully close to reaching the World Series, but lost to the Yankees in an 11-inning Game 7 of the AL Championship Series.

> However, that's not what I posted about. Like I said, I find it
> interesting to see the first reactions of people to news such as the
> capture of Saddam.

Exactly - every right winger on the face of the planet who's been laying low owing to the exposure of the wholesale furphys and wishful thinking upon which the war was based, actually think the rest of the world was calling their bluff becuase they hadn't found Saddam.

My reaction to the capture of Saddam was not negative - my reaction to conservatives' and war-supporters' reaction to the capture of Saddam remains proudly and defiantly negative.

No-one's posted pro-war prattle here in months, then suddenly people start feeling vindicated again because of one inevitable that barely changes the facts or dynamics of the war in terrorism one iota.

I find it interesting that George Bush's first reaction is to holler for blood and once more prove how disgusting, immoral and irreligious (certainly un-christian) supporters of the death penalty actually are.

If he put that much effort into resolving the Palestinian question, he'd be doing a greater service in fighting terror than the effects of the entire Iraqi
war combined.

This thing is far from over - and as Dean is right to ask, is America any safer?