Why the hell does Morrissey have to call the protagonist of "The First In The Gang To Die," Hector?

• Thread starter Lil' Rob ... Official Nalgas Inspector
  • Start date
(Message Deleted by Poster)

Message Deleted by Poster

I got a big ass tamale you can munch on bitch

Re: Why the hell does Morrissey have to call the protagonist of "The First In The Gang To Die," Hect

> I smell an NAACP lawsuit.

"Hector's" is the name of the pub at the bottom of my street hence the name check.

If I am not mistaken Girl Unafraid posted a fab pic of the establishment last year.If you ask her nicely she will do so again.

He's a dawg man!

I reckon it's to do with that classic old British tv programme Hectors House!
I think if anyone from the Hectors house gang who would be contender for the first to die it would be H!
love
Grim

But Hector is surely a Latino name...and the whole gang, prison bit confirms Hector is infact Latino

Re: Au contraire, mon ami. Hector is an ancient Scots name and now here follows a wee story.....

....when The Spanish Armada was defeated in the English channel in 1588, some of their ships that escaped found their path back to Spain blocked by English warships.
They were forced to sail all the way up the east coast of England and Scotland. Then round the north of Scotland and headed south by way of Ireland's west coast, before arriving home many months later.
However, on the way, many ships ran out of supplies and many also became unseaworthy. Several ships stopped off at various points in the north of Scotland and the west of Ireland.
Many sailors stayed and settled in these places. These are the people the term 'the black irish' is derived from.

To this day Spanish surnames are fairly common on the Irish west coast.
Also, in Scotland, many of their children would be christened with Scottish names like.......Hector.
The name grew in popularity among the Spanish, finding it's way back to Spain and, with the subsequent Spanish conquest of Central and South America, to the new world.
OK, that's all for now. Help yourself to a Werther's on the way out.
And no running!!

Professor McCann.

Back
Top Bottom