air force one makes a major number 2

S

suzanne

if you haven't read, they haven't been able to confirm or deny that a british airways pilot said, "is that air force one?"

i wasn't paying much attention to the coverage outside of rolling my eyes at how silly and grandiose this thing was...i hope the turkey dined on a stuffing made of freedom fries.

however, when i first read that they couldn't find the pilot, i thought "maybe they wanted to maintain their cover..." but then, i read further down into the article to find out that buttons that said, "is that airforce one?" were already being sold at the Crawford ranch as a souvenir before his plane arrived at home.

hmm....its very handy for someone to have a button maker ready for that sort of occasion on a thanksgiving day. i wonder if he has a paid member of the staff whose job it is to make buttons, banners, and bumperstickers to commemorate all events that may garner brownie points with the public. their job: watch the news reports and follow the president around and be on the lookout for any soundbite with a little oomph of humor and topicalness just to let you know the president is still on the job. they then take these "off the cuff" utterings and turn them into momentos for slow moving and fat tourists with bratty kids.

"your president...this man who is as sharp as aged cheddar and as white and crispy as the cracker he is....feels your pain. he is on the job and has his staff coming up with cute slogans to fight the problem as we speak!"

"Pinche Bush" - The Sticker

Wes Clark will eat his ass for breakfast come 2004. Mark my words. f*** Bush!

Back
Top Bottom