5 Of the best - Kate Bush

• Thread starter 'Radar' O'Reilly
  • Start date
R

'Radar' O'Reilly

Listening to one of my regular radio stations BBC World Service on Monday night/Tuesday morning at 1.30am, they have a new series on at the moment where one singer/musician talks about another artist that they admire. The first series saw Andy Bell of Erasure (nice guy, but spare me his music) talking about Kate Bush and playing some of his favourite tracks by her, these were:

1 - Wow
2 - Night of the swallow
3 - Sat in your lap
4 - Under the ivy
5 - Breathing

Personally my choices would have been Army Dreamers, Under the ivy, Babooshka, Big sky, and Infant kiss.

Anyway its on every Tuesday 1.30 - 2am and is worth checking out if the deamons won't let you get to sleep. Not sure on future series at the moment, but this was a good start. Kate is supposed to be working on a new album which has been in the pipeline for about 4 years, but they didn't mention this which confused me a bit.

> 1 - Wow
> 2 - Night of the swallow
> 3 - Sat in your lap
> 4 - Under the ivy
> 5 - Breathing

> Personally my choices would have been Army Dreamers, Under the ivy,
> Babooshka, Big sky, and Infant kiss.

I haven't thought about Bush, the kate kind for a while. she was another local heroine.. Came from a big house in Welling. Apparrently.

My top 5.. hmmm.

1. Man with the child in his eyes
2. Army dreamers
3. Violin/wow
4. Breathing
5. Cloudbusting (for that greatvideo with Sutherland)

Babooshka was 'batosska'.
Ruffian

Do you know, I think I may dig out 'Lionheart' and give it an airing. I had forgotten how good 'Wow' is and now I have it on the jukebox in my head. I'm sure my neighbours won't mind me screeching along to Kate.

My top 5

1. Wow
2. Feel It
3. Cloudbusting
4. The Man With The Child In His Eyes
5. Wuthering Heights

> Do you know, I think I may dig out 'Lionheart' and give it an airing. I
> had forgotten how good 'Wow' is and now I have it on the jukebox in my
> head. I'm sure my neighbours won't mind me screeching along to Kate.

When I was a lad.. while the punks in Scotland were declaring war on bouncers, I had a massive poster of Kate Bush in a leather jacket on my bedroom wall. A different age.. of innocence and lack of understanding. well, maybe not the innocent bit.

Ever see Alan Partridge do his Kate Bush medley.. 'rolling the ball..!!'' haha
Ruffian

Back
Top Bottom