The Smiths tattoos

> I've decided I want one. Does anyone here have one?

No, but I've always thought that if one were going to get one then the one that the cover star of "Hatful of Hollow" has (which as you probably know is a copy of a drawing by Jean Cocteau, from his book "Le Livre Blanc") would look really well.

I know someone who has the facial image of Morrissey on his upper arm. I was going to go with him to have it done, but I'm too squeamish and couldn't bear to watch it being done.

He said the outline didn't hurt much, but it was the 'colouring in' bit that had him writhing in agony. It does look good, though.

Personally, I'd only ever have one if Morrissey autographed my arm, then I'd have it tattooed over. I'd have to be heavily sedated to cope with the pain, though.

> I've decided I want one. Does anyone here have one?

> I know someone who has the facial image of Morrissey on his upper arm. I
> was going to go with him to have it done, but I'm too squeamish and
> couldn't bear to watch it being done.

> He said the outline didn't hurt much, but it was the 'colouring in' bit
> that had him writhing in agony. It does look good, though.

> Personally, I'd only ever have one if Morrissey autographed my arm, then
> I'd have it tattooed over. I'd have to be heavily sedated to cope with the
> pain, though.

It really doesn't hurt, I've got 9 altogether. The first one I had my mates pushed me into it, peer pressure and all that, anyway I had a total fear of needles at the time, was sick twice and passed out. But once I got my phobia out of my head it was no problem.

However I wouldn't encourage anyone to get one, I really regret most of mine now that I'm a bit older and wiser.

I've always thought it would be cute Morrissey tribute to get a tattoo of a swallow on your neck (deep and blue!). Not that I ever would, mind you!

Back
Top Bottom