Is there any point ever having children?

T

The Lion In Love

Earlier today, i started thinking about the future. WHY i started thinking about the future remains a mystery, but thats not important. Anyway, i started thinking about...which job i should apply for, what to have for dinner, what to get my Mum for Christmas and many other important issues. I then began wondering about Children and what the names for these Children should be. I thought it made perfect sense to name my child after someone i respected, someone i looked up to. I then decided that i MUST name my children after one of The Smiths or at least someone with a vauge connection to The Smiths.

Has anybody named their children after one of The Smiths? surely no one has named their child Morrissey. Thats far too obvious! There must be a few Steven's though or a couple of Johnny's at least. Go on own up. How many of your children are bullied at school due to their unusual name?

Possible names for my children:

If it is a boy - Steven

Patrick

Morrissey

Johnny/John

Martin (Marr's Middle name)

Marr/Maher

Andy/Andrew

Rourke

William

Mike/Michael

Troy (Tate)

Joe (as in Troubled Joe)

If it is a girl - Ann (as in Ann Coates the fictitious guest vocalist on 'Bigmouth Strikes Again'. Ann Coates = the Ancoats district of Manchester)

Sally (as in Sally Ford, another possible pseudonym suggested by Mike Joyce for the guest vocalist on 'Bigmouth'. Sally Ford = Salford)

Joyce

Sandie (Shaw)

Jeane

Shelia

Annalisa (Jablonska)

Shelagh (Delaney)

Re: I refuse to breed

Here here...kids are f***in brats these days...i want to f***in smack the shit out of them when they are whiney9which is all the f***in time). I cant tell people to have/not have kids,but i can tell them this: keep your goddamned kids from screaming,running,yelling,sayingMine Mine Mine all the time, and maybe,just maybe....Ill like them....nah......Still wont.

Same here.

I swear, if I ever get some funky maternal instinct going on, I'll make like Angelina and adopt a cute little Cambodian baby or maybe I'll take the easy way out and adopt another kitty.

There is seriously no man so perfect that I'd want to have his child. Not even Morrissey, I've decided. Not that there was ever any danger of that happening!

> Here here...kids are f***in brats these days...i want to f***in smack the
> shit out of them when they are whiney9which is all the f***in time). I
> cant tell people to have/not have kids,but i can tell them this: keep your
> goddamned kids from screaming,running,yelling,sayingMine Mine Mine all the
> time, and maybe,just maybe....Ill like them....nah......Still wont.

Perhaps you'll enjoy this article. I know i did!

Breeding Sucks

> I know it's gonna happen someday...

To YOU! Not me. Remember -- if it was physically possible for me to give birth to kittens or puppies I gladly would. Children? Hell no!

Me too

I can tolorate the use one for the afternoon. My niece for example as I am slowly brainwashing her into being a Morrissey disciple.

Everything related to having children, I cannot stand. Basically, they split your minge, ruin your social life and are a constant embarrassment and nuisance.

> I swear, if I ever get some funky maternal instinct going on, I'll make
> like Angelina and adopt a cute little Cambodian baby or maybe I'll take
> the easy way out and adopt another kitty.

> There is seriously no man so perfect that I'd want to have his child. Not
> even Morrissey, I've decided. Not that there was ever any danger of that
> happening!

Re: Me too

> I can tolorate the use one for the afternoon. My niece for example as I am
> slowly brainwashing her into being a Morrissey disciple.

> Everything related to having children, I cannot stand. Basically, they
> split your minge, ruin your social life and are a constant embarrassment
> and nuisance.

I was going to post about how terrifying I find the idea of squeezing something with a head the size of a small canteloupe out of yourself, but I thought the imagery was a bit too disgusting. But you posted about it so I will too. Stitches in that area can't be fun! Seriously.

I always go a bit too far when it comes to graphic detail

> I was going to post about how terrifying I find the idea of squeezing
> something with a head the size of a small canteloupe out of yourself, but
> I thought the imagery was a bit too disgusting. But you posted about it so
> I will too. Stitches in that area can't be fun! Seriously.

great user name, now please register it here, on main page, chat, and merchandise board

Children are a nightmare to be sure. But there is one possible advantage you're all overlooking.

All you need to do is buy "How to be a complete bastard" by Adrian Edmonson and you will see the fun you can have. Teach it bizarre ideas about the world and then watch and laugh at the results.

Plus you can give them hilarious names. I've always fancied the name "Carpet". How about calling it "Strangeways" or "Monster". The possibilites are endless.

Social services are on their way round right now. Don't worry- if I do have children (unlikely) I may call them something unusual like "Zeus" or something but I shan't torture them (much). LOL.

> Earlier today, i started thinking about the future. WHY i started thinking
> about the future remains a mystery, but thats not important. Anyway, i
> started thinking about...which job i should apply for, what to have for
> dinner, what to get my Mum for Christmas and many other important issues.
> I then began wondering about Children and what the names for these
> Children should be. I thought it made perfect sense to name my child after
> someone i respected, someone i looked up to. I then decided that i MUST
> name my children after one of The Smiths or at least someone with a vauge
> connection to The Smiths.

> Has anybody named their children after one of The Smiths? surely no one
> has named their child Morrissey. Thats far too obvious! There must be a
> few Steven's though or a couple of Johnny's at least. Go on own up. How
> many of your children are bullied at school due to their unusual name?

> Possible names for my children:

> If it is a boy - Steven

> Patrick

> Morrissey

> Johnny/John

> Martin (Marr's Middle name)

> Marr/Maher

> Andy/Andrew

> Rourke

> William

> Mike/Michael

> Troy (Tate)

> Joe (as in Troubled Joe)

> If it is a girl - Ann (as in Ann Coates the fictitious guest vocalist on
> 'Bigmouth Strikes Again'. Ann Coates = the Ancoats district of Manchester)

> Sally (as in Sally Ford, another possible pseudonym suggested by Mike
> Joyce for the guest vocalist on 'Bigmouth'. Sally Ford = Salford)

> Joyce

> Sandie (Shaw)

> Jeane

> Shelia

> Annalisa (Jablonska)

> Shelagh (Delaney)

"These hips aren't child spawning, there child spurning"

> I can tolorate the use one for the afternoon. My niece for example as I am
> slowly brainwashing her into being a Morrissey disciple.

> Everything related to having children, I cannot stand. Basically, they
> split your minge, ruin your social life and are a constant embarrassment
> and nuisance.

Dear oh dear. You have such a way with words Bluenose It's almost poetic.

I suppose you can take the girl out of Birmingham but you can't take the Birmingham out of the girl.

Martin would definatly be an option

Either that or Scott Steven(s)

> I suppose you can take the girl out of Birmingham but you can't take the
> Birmingham out of the girl.

Don't want to take Birmingham out of the girl--you might 'split her minge' trying to...

> I always go a bit too far when it comes to graphic detail

i've thought about egg donation. there should be another as beautiful as me without me to emotionally screw it up. this way, everybody wins!

or at least, I win, they lose.

Until it's happened to you.. it's not that bad. There;'s certainly a fear or a paranoia of the unknown here. You can read articles and have an ardent stance on it.. but circumstances, fate and chance deal the reality and move the hands on the clock of life.. Undeniably, the early years are tough.. and it certainly changes things (about you, your life, and your relationship), but it doesn't have to change you as an individual. Indeed, it can make you grow.

Without revealing too much personal stuff.. In my own world, I am carrying the words, and converting the youngster(s) in my charge to a world of 60's popart with an alternative soundtrack, spearheaded by lyrical master strokes of Morrissey and the music of the Smiths. We have a laugh doing it as well. Is that so terrifying??? To turn the living room into a Brixton Academy mosh pit some sunday evenings!

But each to their own point of view, I'm not criticising anybody to think and feel what they do. Not that it's a fair comparison, but when I hear people say how appalled at the idea of 'screaming brats' whatever, it reminds me of my aversion to smokey rooms, and my vehement anti smoking stance when I was about 15.. And that changed!

Ruffian

No, Don't Do It!

... although, I've always felt, if the more intelligent/alternative members of society don't spawn a new generation, what are we going to be left with? But maybe that's just me...

Back
Top Bottom