viva hate

D

dreadful

Apparently the Viva Hate reissue has tracks that aren't included on the original. Can anyone tell me what they are? and I've got the old one already, so is there anywhere else I can find these tracks? I don't want to buy the album twice.

Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!

> Apparently the Viva Hate reissue has tracks that aren't included
> on the original. Can anyone tell me what they are?

Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!
Re-evaluate the songs (fortunately they didn't)
double-pack with a photograph (many photographs... none of Moz, just a retrospective booklet all about EMI's past clients)
Extra track and a tacky badge (in this case extra tracks and a tacky box)

the extras are 8 b-sides from the early nineties.... they are great songs.. but many a Moz fan already has them all on singles, and they are:
1)Let the Right One Slip In 2)Pashernate Love 3)At Amber
4)Disappointed (live) 5)Girl Least Likely To
6) I'd Love Too 7)Michael's Bones 8)I've Changed My Plea to Guilty

If you can't track them down elsewhere *cough mp3* then its worth your money.

Re: Grrrrl least likely to

I bought a copy of the re-issue with extra tracks which didn't have the box and pics and was priced 'quite reasonably' at £8 or there abouts from HMV. For the extra 8 tracks it's not SO bad.

In my humble opinion, if you haven't got it already, 'Girl least likely to' is worth all the money you might have squirreled away in a building society account.

> Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!
> Re-evaluate the songs (fortunately they didn't)
> double-pack with a photograph (many photographs... none of Moz,
> just a retrospective booklet all about EMI's past clients)
> Extra track and a tacky badge (in this case extra tracks and a
> tacky box)

> the extras are 8 b-sides from the early nineties.... they are
> great songs.. but many a Moz fan already has them all on
> singles, and they are:
> 1)Let the Right One Slip In 2)Pashernate Love 3)At Amber
> 4)Disappointed (live) 5)Girl Least Likely To
> 6) I'd Love Too 7)Michael's Bones 8)I've Changed My Plea to
> Guilty

> If you can't track them down elsewhere *cough mp3* then its
> worth your money.

Re: Let the Right One Slip In

Not to metion Let the Right One Slip In!! The most underrated and uplifting Morrissey song. That song should have been a single and have a video made.

Re: Let the Right One Slip In

I agree. That song is ace. Someone dropped the ball on that being a single. Slip in is absurdly underrated. He should have at least had it on all some of the setlists during 1992/95/97. Moz should be playing that song this tour. He's only played it live ONCE(in '92). Sometimes I wonder what's on his mind when he makes up setlists. I'm glad he included Break up..., Last Nite..., and Is it Really..., though.
What would it take for him to play "Lucky Lisp" ONCE this tour? What are the chances? I love the way his voice sounds on that song-amazing! And we all know what the song is about too.

> Not to metion Let the Right One Slip In!! The most underrated
> and uplifting Morrissey song. That song should have been a
> single and have a video made.

Re: Lucky Lips

Speak for yourself! Am I dim or just 'Un-analytical' ?

I don't know what 'Lucky Lisp' is about. I know there was a song in the sixties called 'Lucky Lips' so obviously there's a joke.

Do tell me Moe

> What would it take for him to play "Lucky Lisp" ONCE
> this tour? What are the chances? I love the way his voice sounds
> on that song-amazing! And we all know what the song is about
> too.

Re: Lucky Lips

"Lucky Lips" was a hit for Cliff Richard in 1963, reaching number 4 in the Hit Parade that May. So "... Lisp" is a pun on the title, but I have no idea what the song's about.

british.gif

> I don't want to buy the album twice.

A friend bought the reissue, so I borrowed it to listen to the extra tracks. Compared to the original CD release, the reissue really does sound a lot better. It's clearer, less muffled and trebly. So it's well worth buying. Give your old copy to the homeless.

british.gif

Another idea for used and no longer needed/wanted Moz/Smiths cds is to donate them to a library with a cd/video room. It's for a good cause(also tax deductable) and it may turn other people onto this wonderful music. Many people never heard or heard of them. maybe they'd take a chance and listen to the cds for free. Ever see a typical library's audio room? The ones I've seen are full of really bad Culture Club, Eagles, Bob Marly, Madonna, Metallica cds. Usually the worst cds by those artists. Anyway it's just a thought.

> A friend bought the reissue, so I borrowed it to listen to the
> extra tracks. Compared to the original CD release, the reissue
> really does sound a lot better. It's clearer, less muffled and
> trebly. So it's well worth buying. Give your old copy to the
> homeless.

Is this the Viva Hate album with the white background cover? I have the darker cover.

> on the original. Can anyone tell me what they are? and I've got
> the old one already, so is there anywhere else I can find these
> tracks? I don't want to buy the album twice.

> Is this the Viva Hate album with the white background cover? I
> have the darker cover.

I can only speak for the UK versions. The "old" version does not have the rather arbitrary extra tracks and has a face on the cover. The "new" version has a light cover with a picture of Moz. On the rear is some kind of factory with a sign with the track details on it. I think.

british.gif

It's worth getting

> on the original. Can anyone tell me what they are? and I've got
> the old one already, so is there anywhere else I can find these
> tracks? I don't want to buy the album twice.

Don't buy it twice. Buy it 6 times, like I did!

Re: It's worth getting

> Don't buy it twice. Buy it 6 times, like I did!

Are you serious? Do other people buy multiple copies of the same album? Do some people have both Viva Hates?

Pansies!

Re: Lucky Lithp

> "Lucky Lips" was a hit for Cliff Richard in 1963,
> reaching number 4 in the Hit Parade that May. So "...
> Lisp" is a pun on the title, but I have no idea what the
> song's about.

It's one of those songs that's supposed to be about Johnny Marr. You know, Johnny's amazing talents. 'as your gift unfurls', 'nine-leaf clover', 'jesus made this all for you'. Morrissey wishes he could play guitar and write songs like Johnny does. But Johnny was LUCKY and blessed with all the talent. Or something.

Pansies!

> Don't buy it twice. Buy it 6 times, like I did!

That sucks. I got the old one USED at a good price! If I had known there were extra tracks on the reissue I would have waited for the reissue to show up in the used record shop. Mebbe i can sell the old one for six bucks (if I'm lucky) ... buy the new one for ten bucks ... thereby only spending four dollars on it ... wow that's a good strategy.

If you love an album...why not?

> Are you serious? Do other people buy multiple copies of the same
> album? Do some people have both Viva Hates?

Well, keep in mind that I didn't buy 6 copies at once, but rather over many years. = )

It breaks down like this:
One - CD
Two - LP
Three - Cassette (for my Walkman)
Four - 2nd CD (the booklet was looking battered)
Five - LP w/ "Education in Reverse" title
Six - CD - Reissued, repackaged!

> That sucks. I got the old one USED at a good price! If I had
> known there were extra tracks on the reissue I would have waited
> for the reissue to show up in the used record shop. Mebbe i can
> sell the old one for six bucks (if I'm lucky) ... buy the new
> one for ten bucks ... thereby only spending four dollars on it
> ... wow that's a good strategy.

Well, if you asked me, I'd say keeping the old CD in your collection will be worth more than what you'd get in an exchange at some used CD store. I doubt you'd get 6 bucks. I'd guess more like 2 bucks maximum. The old version has different cover art and I find the photography in it quite beautiful. I don't look at these things as products.

Just buy the reissued "Viva Hate" cd already!

I agree!!! I still have the original casette copy of Viva Hate that I was given brand new in 1988 that turned me onto Moz and Smiths. The sound deteriorated badly as I listened to it over and over....and over. It's my 1st ever piece of Moz "memorabilia" I owned and I'll never get rid of it. Multiple copies of it later(either lost, stolen, one for the car one for the house, reissue, one for my husband's car......)
Buy the reissue cuz the sound is better, there are added tracks and the new cover art. I bought mine the 1st day it came out for a little over $25, but I'm sure it can be had for like $18.00 now. Even less used(if you can find one).

> Well, keep in mind that I didn't buy 6 copies at once, but
> rather over many years. = )

> It breaks down like this:
> One - CD
> Two - LP
> Three - Cassette (for my Walkman)
> Four - 2nd CD (the booklet was looking battered)
> Five - LP w/ "Education in Reverse" title
> Six - CD - Reissued, repackaged!

Re: Just buy the reissued "Viva Hate" cd already!

The new cover art is extremely tasteless, methinks, but the bonus tracks are good, especially "Disappointed (Live)", "Girl Least Likely To" and "Michael's Bones".

Back
Top Bottom