Has Morrissey ever mentioned...

D

Dumbledore

...liking a film called Seance On a Wet Afternoon? It's a strange little British film from 1964 featuring Richard Attenborough and Kim Stanley and directed by Bryan Forbes who also directed the L-Shaped Room.
I saw it and I thought of Morrissey.

Has anyone else seen this film?

> ...liking a film called Seance On a Wet Afternoon? It's a strange little
> British film from 1964 featuring Richard Attenborough and Kim Stanley and
> directed by Bryan Forbes who also directed the L-Shaped Room.
> I saw it and I thought of Morrissey.

> Has anyone else seen this film?

It sounds familar, maybe when I was a wee laddy on the televison.
Love Kim Stanley.
What's the plot?

> It sounds familar, maybe when I was a wee laddy on the televison.
> Love Kim Stanley.
> What's the plot?

It's really odd. This woman "psychic" and her husband decide to kidnap a little girl. I wouldn't want to give anything away in case you ever see it because it's not a bad film, really. Just a bit odd. More info here:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0058557/

Dunno, but I the film "Georgy Girl" reminded me of Morrissey

The whole time I was watching it, I kept thinking, "Damn, I bet Morrissey loves/would love this one." I bet he used to have a crush on Alan Bates.

Re: Dunno, but I the film "Georgy Girl" reminded me of Morrissey

> The whole time I was watching it, I kept thinking, "Damn, I bet
> Morrissey loves/would love this one." I bet he used to have a crush
> on Alan Bates.

There are some sad people on this board who have had a crush on "Gregory's Girl" star Clare Grogan for about 20 years....but that's enough about me ........

> There are some sad people on this board who have had a crush on
> "Gregory's Girl" star Clare Grogan for about 20 years....but
> that's enough about me ........

Clare Grogan? As in the lead singer of Altered Images who had that song from the Sixteen Candles' soundtrack, "Happy Birthday"? As in the original (and better, I think) Christine Kochanski from Seasons 1-6 of Red Dwarf? As in the chick who played the detective on Eastenders who helped Ian Beale track his kids down when Cindy ran off to Italy with them?

...Eh. Never heard of her...

I'm a creature of the night, Weiß

How have you been? Long time no talk.

that only leads to trouble and seat wetting.

Sleepless in Illinois. Sounds like you and I are on the same path as far as property closings. Mine is supposed to be at 12:noon a week from today (Tuesday). Then I'll officially be over $1,000,000 in debt.

> Clare Grogan? As in the lead singer of Altered Images who had that song
> from the Sixteen Candles' soundtrack, "Happy Birthday"? As in
> the original (and better, I think) Christine Kochanski from Seasons 1-6 of
> Red Dwarf? As in the chick who played the detective on Eastenders who
> helped Ian Beale track his kids down when Cindy ran off to Italy with
> them?

> ...Eh. Never heard of her...

Possibly Dumbles. I've never heard of the film you mention and I never watch "Eastenders" but I do believe she was in it.
My love didn't stretch to watching British Soaps I'm afraid.

I gave up when Albert Tatlock died in Coronation Street in 1975.

You should never refer to a Scottish woman as "chick" though.It would most certainly induce her to punch you.I've seen it happen.

You never know. This could prove useful.

Okay...I'd say you and I are DEFINITELY on different paths...

> Sleepless in Illinois. Sounds like you and I are on the same path as far
> as property closings. Mine is supposed to be at 12:noon a week from today
> (Tuesday). Then I'll officially be over $1,000,000 in debt.

$1,000,000 in debt? I take it this is positive debt? My closing is supposed to be a week from today, too. But I don't have a time. We still have to have a final walkthrough and everything.

BTW, your subject heading sounds really familiar. I've heard that line in a movie or something just recently, and I can't place it. Can you help me out and tell me where it's from?

You watched it recently...

and you started it with what you called yourself. G'night

Let's try this again...

OK...the stupid site that was hosting the pic was down. So it's up at my site now...

...a genuine up-the-skirt photo of Clare Grogan! It's a closeup of the photo from the cover of The Best of Altered Images. Enjoy!

Whoops!
knickers.jpg

I was thinking of men in corsets, garter belts, black stockings and spiky heels...

...when I wrote my subject heading...was your subject line a heading from Rocky Horror Picture Show?

I'm almost certain that no one in Queer As Folk ever said that, and that's the only other vaguely sexual thing I've immersed myself in recently, apart from clips of lesbian gang bangs downloaded from Kazaa...but you wouldn't know about that until, oh...um...NOW, would you?

I Got It: "Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch-a , Touch Me...

I Wanna Be Dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I had a feeling it was a Rocky Horror Picture Show reference. Nevermind. I'm slow on the uptake, but what do you want? It's almost 5am and I haven't been to bed yet. I just needed a little time to myself!

Anyway, I finally got the reference, Weiß. The effort it took to remember sapped the very last of my energy. Or perhaps it was the memory of a young and breathy Susan Sarandon in a ripped slip that did it...I don't know. I can't be bothered with details at this point. I'm going to bed, and maybe I'll actually sleep!

> Possibly Dumbles. I've never heard of the film you mention and I never
> watch "Eastenders" but I do believe she was in it.

On my honor (don't laugh), it was her! I saw her myself!

> You should never refer to a Scottish woman as "chick" though.It
> would most certainly induce her to punch you.I've seen it happen.

You've seen it, eh? Are you sure you're not speaking from personal experience?

> You never know. This could prove useful.

Maybe.

You better wise up, Janet Weiß

Hope you got some sleep, Kitten.

LOL

> Hope you got some sleep, Kitten.

Yes, I did. I haven't been sleeping very well lately. But I finally dropped off. I guess six hours is as good as it gets.

Tell me more about this property you're acquiring.

Me too. Who needs sleep?

Property...You asked
Keep your fingers crossed. Both the seller and I have signed a Memorandum of Purchase, but the actual contract is 12 pages long. Neither of us have signed it yet. My attorney is working on it now and it should be done by tomorrow evening.

It's a 12-unit building. 4-4 bedroom apartments, 8-3 bedroom apartments. Picture below shows one of the typical, lived-in 4-bedroom places. Loft upstairs, lots of natural light from the dormer windows (which all need to be replaced, uggh). Each apartment has a kitchen with new appliances, a bathroom, central air, a patio, and will soon have WiFi. The current landlord has let the place go, which is unfortunate but it also lets me buy it "cheap". $630,000 4.5% down, plus $60k in repairs needed in the next 3 months. New roof, new siding, some new windows, and lots of "sprucing up". Balance paid @ 6.5% interest, 30-year with a 5-year balloon. The apartments rent way, way low at $550 for the 3s and $650 for the 4s. "The Math" says I'll cash-flow nearly $3k per month after expenses, maybe more when I raise rents to where they should be.

The best part is that it is located 50 yards from an old hospital that will be torn down early next year to make way for exclusive high-end condos with shopping, restaurants, a coffee shop. City is also putting in a park in the block directly behind my place.

It is a still a pretty big gamble, and there are literally thousands of variables that keep creeping in. Weiß: Closes his eyes and goes fast.

pic129035.jpg

Re: Me too. Who needs sleep?

Good luck Weiß!
How hard would it be to raise the rents?

Back
Top Bottom