Does it make a difference whether the new album is recorded in LA or the United Kingdom/Ireland?

Mr. Proper won't be stalking the studio Ireland....

Re: What difference does it make??

> What do you think?

It should be more raw and compelling nearer his home town.. and i don't mean bloody LA, the ruin of our man's energy! If he's here, it should reinvigorate those clever english worde, their turns of pace and phrase!

But as long as it's made and Irish Blood English heart still rokets us all to the moon.. I don't really mind. It's all the mix, the production anyway.. (as long as Mexico stays on teh cutting room floor)

Ruffian

> What do you think?

where were most of the songs written?

Re: We just want some new Morrissey songs!!

> What do you think?

It could be recorded on the moon for all I care. The music comes from from the heart not the location of the studio.

Slumming it near Strangeways, Salford Lad's Club, Whalley Range & Old Trafford

Ah, but the lyrics come from the location of his person. Had he never left Manchester, he would have never made a bad album.

I win. We all all lose.

> It could be recorded on the moon for all I care. The music comes from from
> the heart not the location of the studio.

> where were most of the songs written?

Judging them by their quality, I would guess.....LA.
Am I right?

Re: Slumming it near Strangeways, Salford Lad's Club, Whalley Range & Old Trafford

> Ah, but the lyrics come from the location of his person. Had he never left
> Manchester, he would have never made a bad album.

> I win. We all all lose.

But hasn't Manchester's "relevance" been long snuffed by association with Oasis and other "likely lads?"

I suspect "Irish Blood" is all the stronger because it's written from an ex-patriate's point of view. Removing oneself from his or her usual milieu can have astonishing artistic results. I look forward to hearing a goodly number of songs about England, written OUTSIDE of England.

Cheers,

Jamie

Ah, The Outsider, Morrissey, and a Philosophical Theory Which I Have Studied in Very Little Detail

Tribal Chieftains often come from the outside, bringing knowledge and insight with them from other lands.

See Also: The Greek Tragic Hero, who must leave home, gain all this wonderful experience and enlightenment, and bring it back to his people where he is welcomed with a ticker tape parade, or its equivalent in the times of antiquity. See: The Illiad, The Odyssey, Homer. Perhaps, even read them, because, well, I am not going to!

I sincerely hope that you are correct, otherwise he can kiss his career goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom