Joy Division!

M

Man. United

Why does Moz dislike Joy Division, knowing damn well that Joy Division is one of the best bands EVER!

I didnt know he did? You're right,they are great. I personally liked new order as well.But Joy division was great. Maybe bernard said something about morrissey??? Thats usually how it starts

As it has with julian casablancas,robert smith,adam ant...... Im sure once they open their pie hoiles and start shit about moz,he lets them have it. As rightfully so.

Re: Joy Division!i know why

> As it has with julian casablancas,robert smith,adam ant...... Im sure once
> they open their pie hoiles and start shit about moz,he lets them have it.
> As rightfully so.
--- johnny marr is good friends with those boys in new order alla joy divison alla electronic which hes in it only makes sense for the moz dont you think>...
p.s i also love joy division

Cold lyrics, no sense of humour, give me The Smiths, Magazine, Buzzcocks, and John Cooper Clarke anyday.

> Why does Moz dislike Joy Division, knowing damn well that Joy Division is
> one of the best bands EVER!

Re: Joy Division!i know why

> --- johnny marr is good friends with those boys in new order alla joy
> divison alla electronic which hes in it only makes sense for the moz dont
> you think>...
> p.s i also love joy division

The least said about Electronic the better, check out Johnny's work with Billy Bragg and Kirsty MacColl for the remains of his greatness plastered all over The Smiths.

Did someone mention Julian Casablancas, bwhahahahahah.

They had a chilly, abstract sound and the band's reticence led many journalists and outside observers to believe (for years, even into New Order) that they were dour and dull. Said Morrissey in 1983: "We're fed up with people who won't talk about the press, all this New Order crap. They probably REALLY haven't GOT anything to say." Set these facts against Morrissey's love of more, um, "flamboyant" music (glam, punk, 60s pop) and it's not hard to see why he didn't like them.

A clue to his opinion (and Johnny's as well) is in The Smiths' not wishing to sign with Factory, and showering the Haçienda with flowers at their first gig in the venue. "We introduced [the flowers] as an antidote to the Haçienda when we played there; it was so sterile and inhuman. We wanted some harmony with nature. Also, to show some kind of optimism in Manchester, which the flowers represent." That first Haçienda gig took place in February of 1983, just weeks before "Blue Monday" stormed the world, if that gives any indication of what (*they* felt) they were up against-- the "sterile inhumanity" of New Wave, to which Joy Division and New Order had beem linked (unfairly in my opinion).

Rogan stated that "Although Morrissey was no great fan of [Joy Division], he had recognized their importance as an influential voice in the city's independent music scene." This unsubstantiated claim feels untrue to me, as Rogan probably inserted this into his narrative to show due respect for Curtis' suicide in 1980, which is described in that passage, even though there doesn't seem to be any real evidence that proves Morrissey did or did not care.

But Rogan did unearth this nugget of Morrissey's music journalism from 1978: "Of the new bands, Warsaw...and The Fall look the most likely to make any musical headway. Most of them are clumsy, all are energetic and enthusiastic. Warsaw were formed some time ago by vocalist Ian Curtis and have performed alongside more prominent bands like The Heartbreakers. Although they offer little originality with Ian's offstage antics resembling one Iggy Pop, highliting [sic] their set is 'Another Kill' which is at least memorable, if slightly typical." Sound criticism, incidentally.

I have sympathy for his estranged wife, can't be easy bringing up a young kid on your own, and her biography of Ian Curtis 'Touching From A Distance' was excellent. None of this romanticising nonesense which I've read loads of about Ian Curtis and Joy Division.

My fantastic Humanities teacher who I had a crush on at school was a big Joy Division fan.

> They had a chilly, abstract sound and the band's reticence led many
> journalists and outside observers to believe (for years, even into New
> Order) that they were dour and dull. Said Morrissey in 1983: "We're
> fed up with people who won't talk about the press, all this New Order
> crap. They probably REALLY haven't GOT anything to say." Set these
> facts against Morrissey's love of more, um, "flamboyant" music
> (glam, punk, 60s pop) and it's not hard to see why he didn't like them.

> A clue to his opinion (and Johnny's as well) is in The Smiths' not wishing
> to sign with Factory, and showering the Haçienda with flowers at their
> first gig in the venue. "We introduced [the flowers] as an antidote
> to the Haçienda when we played there; it was so sterile and inhuman. We
> wanted some harmony with nature. Also, to show some kind of optimism in
> Manchester, which the flowers represent." That first Haçienda gig
> took place in February of 1983, just weeks before "Blue Monday"
> stormed the world, if that gives any indication of what (*they* felt) they
> were up against-- the "sterile inhumanity" of New Wave, to which
> Joy Division and New Order had beem linked (unfairly in my opinion).

> Rogan stated that "Although Morrissey was no great fan of [Joy
> Division], he had recognized their importance as an influential voice in
> the city's independent music scene." This unsubstantiated claim feels
> untrue to me, as Rogan probably inserted this into his narrative to show
> due respect for Curtis' suicide in 1980, which is described in that
> passage, even though there doesn't seem to be any real evidence that
> proves Morrissey did or did not care.

> But Rogan did unearth this nugget of Morrissey's music journalism from
> 1978: "Of the new bands, Warsaw...and The Fall look the most likely
> to make any musical headway. Most of them are clumsy, all are energetic
> and enthusiastic. Warsaw were formed some time ago by vocalist Ian Curtis
> and have performed alongside more prominent bands like The Heartbreakers.
> Although they offer little originality with Ian's offstage antics
> resembling one Iggy Pop, highliting [sic] their set is 'Another Kill'
> which is at least memorable, if slightly typical." Sound criticism,
> incidentally.

> I didnt know he did? You're right,they are great. I personally liked new
> order as well.But Joy division was great. Maybe bernard said something
> about morrissey??? Thats usually how it starts
Hey where the f*** is your usually homo shtick that appears in your posts. Either way, you're still going to meet Jesus and he's going to laugh in your face. See you soon Mohammad!

Im not a homo,I leave that up to you. i dont bang guys......I leave that up to you as well f***smack. You're not tough at all....Infact,Im going to laugh my balls off when i bash your f***in skull in with my steel chair ass clown. hey,you never know though,i may just leave you with a "I just pumped the neighbors dog" look on your face,You're used to that sort of thing...while we're out getting laid and getting hammered...you're out combing the jr high's looking for dates........

Back
Top Bottom