2017 Tour?

A

Anonymous

With Morrissey nearing the end of his 2016 tour, I wonder will he be contemplating another in 2017? Or, considering that the man has had some serious health issues, will he be likely to hang up his microphone for good next year? I just wonder if anybody has any thoughts on this.

Who knows. If he does he'll probably take a different set list out and I don't mean a greatest hits set. I think he's done with the past to a certain extent though he could surprise me. I'd love to see Him do album shows or era shows here or there for certain factions of fans but I don't know how realistic that is. He could just use a mix of different new songs but I think he'd have to change it up some. I thought for a long, frightful, time that world peace was gonna be his last but he's stated that he's got at least an albums worth of new material to record. He could put out another aLbum or take a break and work on new material along with refining new songs already written but I don't think he's done. It's interesting that we haven't heard any of those yet though. Might be doing a self release and saving them up for a tour. Be neat if he was recording them on the down low a sprung a new album tour out of nowhere

he will tour the new album if its out by then.wish he would go back to smaller venues in the uk.

Seeing that he has toured ever year except four in the past 20 years, I think it's a safe bet.

With Morrissey nearing the end of his 2016 tour, I wonder will he be contemplating another in 2017? Or, considering that the man has had some serious health issues, will he be likely to hang up his microphone for good next year? I just wonder if anybody has any thoughts on this.

I hope he gets the distribution deal for his new album that has been written.
And he would do a tour for promotion. Doesn't have to be a world tour.
But, first of all, I hope he is healthy and feels good and is happy. :thumb:

Sometimes I think we have too many expectations and in a way always want more, more, more. :(
Still feel very curious about the possibility of a new album.
If he decides to stop, we as Moz-fans, should accept and be grateful for his great oeuvre and his longtime career as a great stage performer. :thumb:

It doesn't have to be an either/or. He could take a hiatus from touring for a while to focus on recording his album or writing new songs or books, but return to touring after a year or two off. Maybe he could do multiple-night residencies in one (or a few select) cities instead of a full tour...it seems like it'd be so much less exhausting and stressful for him.

I would assume that his signing to TSZ management (assuming the business relationship lasts) is a good sign of something, as that's not exactly a move a person completely winding their career down would tend to make, IMHO.

But, ultimately, as long he's healthy and happy, whatever career move he makes next- even if that's retirement- is fine by me.:)

Last edited:
He closed a statement on TTY at the end of the 2016 tour with: I will see you in extremely far off places. Think he is planning a break. Would love to be wrong. 20th August 2016 was the year's highlight for me.

Hard to say what 2017 will bring. I wouldn't read too much into his last statement about the crumbling of the final tour dates. I doubt we'll see much touring out of him in the first half of 2017, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him reemerge by around the August/September time frame.

Since 91, he's not toured in 93/94/96/98/01/03/05/2010, so it's fair to say he needs a break.

Unless he radically shakes up the boring setlist, it's difficult to see the point in another tour in the near future. He's played pretty much everywhere over the last couple of years (with the exception of US cities he's cancelled so many times in a row, I can't believe anyone would buy tickets for him again), and the selection of songs is pretty stagnant.

I hate to say it, but I'm so bored with the current setlist that the (probably bullshit) Smiths reunion summer tour looks about 1,000 times more exciting proposition. Even if it turned out to be a complete clusterf***, with the band ending in a fistfight on stage every night, at least it would be something vaguely interesting and new.

He'll probably have to say it every year until he dies. He'll have to state it from his hospital bed on his hundred an fifth birthday for some to get the point. As much as some say the set list is boring so is hearing the same complaint over and over along with the same predictions. That no one will buy tickets to hear those songs again. No one will buy tickets after the cancellations. Hell never put out an album again etc. people should move on if they're so bored instead of boring the rest of us to death with recycled complaints

the balls are ringing in the new year. never know what might happen.

Never trust what Morrissey says. He frequently makes over the top diva statements, like the fact he was playing his final ever UK show a couple of years ago, then when the vodka has worn off and reality sets in he changes his mind. :)

Never trust what Morrissey says. He frequently makes over the top diva statements, like the fact he was playing his final ever UK show a couple of years ago, then when the vodka has worn off and reality sets in he changes his mind. :)
True. I think, by now, a Smiths reunion tour is the only and the last chance to walk on the stage again, surely the Florence concert is an hoax, but I think someone is trying to say take it or leave it.

I don't think so. He still sells to many tickets. If Gustavo hadn't been felled he would have completed the last few dates and it wouldn't even be a question I don't think. If it was really dire circumstances about the cost of the show he could always just pare down like lose the giant projection screen that must cost a fortune to haul around. His issue didn't seem to be with ticket demand or set list but rather illness and touring overhead and the sudden illness and hospitalization of a band member. Hell can get on stage and sing again if he wants to and probably will without the smiths and people will still come

I don't think so. He still sells to many tickets. If Gustavo hadn't been felled he would have completed the last few dates and it wouldn't even be a question I don't think. If it was really dire circumstances about the cost of the show he could always just pare down like lose the giant projection screen that must cost a fortune to haul around. His issue didn't seem to be with ticket demand or set list but rather illness and touring overhead and the sudden illness and hospitalization of a band member. Hell can get on stage and sing again if he wants to and probably will without the smiths and people will still come
His issue is a total lack of professional tour manager, promoter, management and a record deal, is it enough? As years ago Morrissey solo was a good business, now a Smiths reunion is the only business involving Morrissey, believe me.

His issue is a total lack of professional tour manager, promoter, management and a record deal, is it enough? As years ago Morrissey solo was a good business, now a Smiths reunion is the only business involving Morrissey, believe me.

It obviously isn't the only business and it is nonsensical to suggest it.

Morrissey has played more than 100 shows over the past couple of years, and that was without a manager or a record contract.

What he said. Those shows also sold more tickets than many acts with contracts and managers. He's gone for longer periods without contracts and still played shows only to eventually release another record. At his age and point in his history I believe he's just gonna do what he wants his way and let the pieces fall as they may. He already had success and so many ups and downs over the years and I just don't think he cares about a lot he f it as much as he used to outside of the music and the show. Can't see him reuniting the smiths just out of a desire to stay popular and retain fame. To remain in business so to speak

Back
Top Bottom